Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Wilder is Technically Not That Good, Fury Wins on Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“It’s a great clash of styles we’ll see, Wilder that lives for the knockout and Tyson who lives to make you miss. Tyson will go 12-rounds all day. That’s his game,” Hatton said to IFL TV.

That's the game plan, and a bad one too! Fury will be on his bike, the crowd will boo, the judges will be influenced, and Wilder will win by UD. Maybe he can get away with that in the UK, but not in the U.S.!

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Ortiz was much better technically and look what happened to him, when you have god power in your fists technicality doesn’t mean much in the hw division.
      True. But fury can try bank on youth and being sturdier than beyonce

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        Was it also his plan to fall off balance?

I bet it was his plan to nearly get himself KOd too...just to lull Ortiz into a false sense of security.
        What was the point of this post?

When did I imply it was his plan to almost get KOd?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          “It’s a great clash of styles we’ll see, Wilder that lives for the knockout and Tyson who lives to make you miss. Tyson will go 12-rounds all day. That’s his game,” Hatton said to IFL TV.

That's the game plan, and a bad one too! Fury will be on his bike, the crowd will boo, the judges will be influenced, and Wilder will win by UD. Maybe he can get away with that in the UK, but not in the U.S.!
          So what you're saying is he's going to get robbed.! He beat klitschko in Germany btw
          I've got a feeling of a draw or robbery to sell the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
            I had to read through all the other crap to get to one guy that made sense.

Some people only see Wilder flailing when he's going for the KO but forget how he gets to that point. The Ortiz fight was a good display of his skills. He started out with the jab and Ortiz caught him when he got comfortable. He stayed calm and used his defense. He was able to catch Ortiz coming in because he got too confident himself.

You can see Wilder has good fundamentals but he gets too excited sometimes. Fury had a good fight against Klitschko because he happened to fight the very worst version. They were able to produce one of the worst fights I've seen in years.

His game plan against Ortiz worked to perfection - you never saw him panicked, even when he was getting tanked around the ring - but he does NOT have good fundamentals.

His jab is overrated - he has a long reach, so that’s partly why - in fact his left hand is nigh-on non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by peakbay View Post
              So what you're saying is he's going to get robbed.! He beat klitschko in Germany btw
              I've got a feeling of a draw or robbery to sell the rematch
              Go watch Canelo vs. Lara! As long as Wilder stays on the hunt, he'll win the fight! Fury thinks he's Sugar Ray Leonard at HW, and he's nowhere near! He has to do much more than he did Saturday to get the win! This is what the Guardian had to say about Klitschko vs. Fury:

Final thoughts

Klitschko has spoken in German but my grasp of the language [guesses that German for “rubbish” is. Fails] isn’t brilliant. But let’s just say he didn’t look impressed by losing the title or Fury’s Aerosmith rendition.

But perhaps his biggest disappointment will be that he lost in such half-hearted fashion. Any half-decent heavyweight would have fancied their chances against Klitschko on that performance. Was he old? Injured? Ready to retire? Psyched out by Fury? We’ll find out in the next few months, perhaps but Ali v Frazier that was not. It really was a sad, pale ghost of the great heavyweight fights of the past, even with the shock result.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/li...ry-boxing-live

I hope Wilder vs. Fury is a much better fight, and I think it will be, only because Wilder will make it that way!

Comment

Fury will stop Wilder, mark my words. Wilder is gonna leave himself wide open all night and will get jabbed to bits. Quote it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  Between Fury and Ortiz it's hard to say. They are world's apart style wise. King Kong holds his ground while Fury boxes and moves. Fury doesn't have as much punching power, so he smothers the action in close, moves and stinks to high heaven. Fury didn't invent win ugly, but he might have perfected it.
                  Give me a Tyson Fury over a Wladimir Klitschko fight any day of the week. At least Fury moves around and doesn't grab every 5 seconds.

Comment

This coming from a guy who has thrown 2 jabs during in his whole career...Oh the irony!

Comment

Originally posted by Kurttruk View Post
                      it doesnt matter who's technically better or who's hands are more explosive.

the guy who has the better gameplan along with the longer stamina come penultimate round wins.
                      Sure, stamina matters, but remember what Iron Mike said about fighters and plans...

Comment

Working...
                      X