Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Praises Fury To Stepping Up To Face Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
    Don King paid Lewis "keep away" money haha he protected Tyson
    That’s just an opinion and not based on any documented facts. Your entitled to it.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
      What about the version of Tyson that fought Holyfield? Tyson paid Lennox Lewis step-aside money to fight Holyfield. So no, Lewis didn't avoid Tyson, it was the other way around. Fact is, Lewis was Tyson's WBC mandatory, Tyson paid Lewis step-aside money to fight Holyfield, Lewis fought McCall (in a rematch) for the vacant WBC title...
      The version of Tyson that fought Holyfield wasn’t the version of Tyson that was BEFORE the Buster Douglas fight that I already stated in my previous post. I’m curious how Lewis would have dealt with that one. And that version of Tyson fought all cummers in the division also. And the version of Tyson that fought both Holyfield and Lewis was AFTER he was released on his alleged rape conviction also. And if Tyson was really trying to avoid Lewis he wouldn’t have even fought him at all. Holyfield was a fight that was scheduled BEFORE he was convicted of rape that did not happen until AFTER a few fights after his release from prison. And that fight was a much better and bigger and more lucrative fight than Lewis. I would have taken that fight too. The “prime” Tyson before prison & Buster Douglas would have KO’ed Lewis.
      Last edited by markther; 08-10-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        You sound mad that Lennox pulled Aj's skirt up....LMAO
        I don’t like any of them. Not a fan of Wilder, Lewis, & Joshua. I just want Lewis to shut the f@ck already. He just repeats himself like a damn puppet to try to stay relevant and is trying to place himself as a great HW when he got KO’ed by (2) bums. Shut up Lewis!

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
          That’s just an opinion and not based on any documented facts. Your entitled to it.
          You don't remember it happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
            You don't remember it happening?
            Maybe-LOL!!!...however the Holyfield fight was bigger and more money and WE both would have taken that fight instead of the Lewis fight right away.

Comment

I forgot more about boxing than you will ever know. But STOP making a bunch of excuses for Lewis. He can’t be considered one of the greatest of All Time when he gets knocked out by McCall and Rahman who NO ONE considers top HW’s of all time. Great fighters don’t get beat by bums in their primes so STOP IT. Lewis has (2) great wins on his entire resume, the 2nd Holyfield fight because they fought to a draw in the 1st one and Vitali Klitschko.

And everything you said about Tyson apparently ducking him are based on opinions and perception and NOT facts. The facts are, he beat a Tyson NOT in his prime. And Lewis isn’t even the top ten HW’s of all time. Name one “all time great HW” in “their prime,” that got knocked out by (2) HW’s that WEREN’T considered P4P greats. Take your time, I’m waiting. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock...
              Rahman was a 2 time world champion & McCall beat some good HWs. Never said they were all time greats but they were not bums as you say. Vacating a title to fight Bruce Seldon.... hmmmmm. If you don’t think Lennox is an all-time great or even in the top 10 then no point continuing this but i certainly hope you don’t have the Klitschkos rated higher than him. You are entitled to your opinion...who is Tyson’s best win? Ruddock? Spinks? Tucker?
              Last edited by joe strong; 08-10-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I don’t like any of them. Not a fan of Wilder, Lewis, & Joshua. I just want Lewis to shut the f@ck already. He just repeats himself like a damn puppet to try to stay relevant and is trying to place himself as a great HW when he got KO’ed by (2) bums. Shut up Lewis!
                2 bums but at 38 he beat Vitali Klitschko in his last fight while at 36 Tyson lost to Danny Williams & Kevn McBride. Tyson in his prime lost to Douglas for f**k sakes. Who did he beat before jail? A few HWs that were drug addicts & Spinks. Spinks or Ruddock is probably Tyson’s best wins.

Comment

“I had that with Mike Tyson and I had to tell my manager Frank Maloney to go out and make the fight happen – I never wanted to be part of a great debate: I wanted people to know who the King was.”

You fought a past-it Mike Tyson, Lenny. Everyone knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    Rahman was a 2 time world champion & McCall beat some good HWs. Never said they were all time greats but they were not bums as you say. Vacating a title to fight Bruce Seldon.... hmmmmm. If you don’t think Lennox is an all-time great or even in the top 10 then no point continuing this but i certainly hope you don’t have the Klitschkos rated higher than him. You are entitled to your opinion...who is Tyson’s best win? Ruddock? Spinks? Tucker?
                    You can’t be serious; really? Your going to pretend that Rahman, McCall, were good HW fighters in their era??? Really. Let’s go thru it real quick.

Rahman best career win was only against Lennox Lewis. He lost to David Tua, Oleg Maskaev (twice), Lennox in the rematch, Holyfield, John Ruiz, Wladimir Klitschko, couldn't neat James Toney either time they fought, lost to Povetkin, and some bum named Anthony Nansen in a Super HW tournament. His other notable win was against f@cking Corrie Saunders??? And don’t give me that 2 time HW title nonsense. He won the WBC “interim” title against f@cking Monte Barrett. Rahman is a bum and Lennox shouldn’t have been knocked out by him.

McCall’s best win, Lennox Lewis. Look at that, sound familiar. Other notable wins on his resume, Lance Whitaker, Bruce Seldon, Fres Oquendo, decisioned a 46 year old Larry Holmes. But he had 14 losses, a lot to no name fighters and the most notable losses were to Lennox in a rematch; Tony Tucker, Orlin Norris, Frank Bruno, and Buster Douglas.
                    He is a bum too!

And everyone knows that it’s not who Tyson faced but how he finished those fights against a lot of HW contenders in his prime. Tyson had losses at the end with McBride and Williams but those fights he admitted were for money only. Along with the Lewis fight. His real losses were only against Lewis & Holyfield but he wasn’t the “prime” Tyson that we saw before the Buster Douglas fight and before going to prison when he faced either Lewis or Holyfield. He was one of the youngest in history to win the HW title, and against Berbick, better than anyone on McCall & Rahman’s resume outside of Lewis.

I can name at least (10) HW’s I would rank before Lewis off the top of my head in no particular order.

Louis
                    Ali
                    Holmes
                    Dempsey
                    Foreman
                    Marciano
                    Jack Johnson
                    Frazier
                    Holyfield
                    Tyson

And I am saying Holyfield & Tyson based on their overall body of work and the number of HW contenders they both beat throughout their careers. Most boxing experts have these top 10.
                    Last edited by markther; 08-10-2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

he would have knocked the sh@t out of you quicker than McCall & Rahman did.

Comment

Working...
                      X