Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Praises Fury To Stepping Up To Face Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennox Lewis was one of the all-time greats, and would comfortably beat any heavyweight today.

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
      now i’m starting to think lewis has an ax to grind against joshua. Shut the f@ck up already lennox! We got your point the 1st time. And i thought wilder said he was better than you, whatever. And don’t bring up mike tyson like he was the “prime” tyson when you wanted to fight him. You wouldn’t have called out the “prime” tyson, you know the version before the buster douglas fight, because he would have knocked the sh@t out of you quicker than mccall & rahman did. Stop smelling yourself lennox...gtfoh!!!!
      u big mad or little mad?

Comment

Now I’m starting to think Lewis has an ax to grind against Joshua. Shut the f@ck up already Lennox! We got your point the 1st time. And I thought Wilder said he was better than you, whatever. And don’t bring up Mike Tyson like he was the “prime” Tyson when you wanted to fight him. You wouldn’t have called out the “prime” Tyson, you know the version before the Buster Douglas fight, because he would have knocked the sh@t out of you quicker than McCall & Rahman did. Stop smelling yourself Lennox...GTFOH!!!!
        You obviously were not around in that era. Lewis chased him for years. Took him to court & won. He won 4 million step aside money & guarenteed title shot but Tyson vacated the belt instead of fighting Lewis. Early in Lewis’ career he was pretty avoided. Bowe, Tyson & Holyfield were not jumping at the chance to fight him. He got Tyson & Holyfield on their declines. They only fought him for the money because they both needed it. Lennox was one of the best ever. Twice he got caught taking opponents lightly & he paid for it. McCall was a big puncher & caught him. That was early in his career. The Rahman loss was an out of shape Lewis strolling into South Africa following his Ocean’s 11 filming & he disregarded Rahman as a threat. He more then rectified that in the rematch.

Comment

This is a good fight for the HW division. WILDER vs FURY please make it happen.

Comment

Now I’m starting to think Lewis has an ax to grind against Joshua. Shut the f@ck up already Lennox! We got your point the 1st time. And I thought Wilder said he was better than you, whatever. And don’t bring up Mike Tyson like he was the “prime” Tyson when you wanted to fight him. You wouldn’t have called out the “prime” Tyson, you know the version before the Buster Douglas fight, because he would have knocked the sh@t out of you quicker than McCall & Rahman did. Stop smelling yourself Lennox...GTFOH!!!!
            Don King paid Lewis "keep away" money haha he protected Tyson

Comment

What about the version of Tyson that fought Holyfield? Tyson paid Lennox Lewis step-aside money to fight Holyfield. So no, Lewis didn't avoid Tyson, it was the other way around. Fact is, Lewis was Tyson's WBC mandatory, Tyson paid Lewis step-aside money to fight Holyfield, Lewis fought McCall (in a rematch) for the vacant WBC title...

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                Everytime the wind blows.. we all see AJ'S dirty g-string! Lol.. I can't wait to watch fury show AJ how to go to sleep properly in the ring. Lol.
                Wow....LMMFAO

Comment

You sound mad that Lennox pulled Aj's skirt up....LMAO

Comment

Lennox Lewis was great but he did not fight a prime Mike Tyson,not saying outcome would have been different but he can't say he did the same with Mike

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      You obviously were not around in that era. Lewis chased him for years. Took him to court & won. He won 4 million step aside money & guarenteed title shot but Tyson vacated the belt instead of fighting Lewis. Early in Lewis’ career he was pretty avoided. Bowe, Tyson & Holyfield were not jumping at the chance to fight him. He got Tyson & Holyfield on their declines. They only fought him for the money because they both needed it. Lennox was one of the best ever. Twice he got caught taking opponents lightly & he paid for it. McCall was a big puncher & caught him. That was early in his career. The Rahman loss was an out of shape Lewis strolling into South Africa following his Ocean’s 11 filming & he disregarded Rahman as a threat. He more then rectified that in the rematch.

I forgot more about boxing than you will ever know. But STOP making a bunch of excuses for Lewis. He can’t be considered one of the greatest of All Time when he gets knocked out by McCall and Rahman who NO ONE considers top HW’s of all time. Great fighters don’t get beat by bums in their primes so STOP IT. Lewis has (2) great wins on his entire resume, the 2nd Holyfield fight because they fought to a draw in the 1st one and Vitali Klitschko.

And everything you said about Tyson apparently ducking him are based on opinions and perception and NOT facts. The facts are, he beat a Tyson NOT in his prime. And Lewis isn’t even the top ten HW’s of all time. Name one “all time great HW” in “their prime,” that got knocked out by (2) HW’s that WEREN’T considered P4P greats. Take your time, I’m waiting. Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock...
                      Last edited by markther; 08-10-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X