Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I genuinely think kovalev is finished after this. He refuses to acknowledge the Ward fights as proper defeats but there’s no excuse with this one.

Comment

• The Krusher Krushed and Barry Chuckle dead. What a sad day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        I'm surprised but that's boxing and why I love the sport. People saying Kovalev is done are ignorant. He was in control and winning. He just got caught. I had him up 5-1 and he had hurt Alvarez several times in the fight. No reason to write him off before the dust even settles. Stop acting like Alvarez dominated or something.

That said, Alvarez weathered the storm and landed the right shot and followed up exactly as he should have. I hope he makes a lot more money now and I hope he has enough honor to give Kovalev a rematch.
        I agree about Kov not necessarily being finished yet, although I do think he’s definitely damaged goods now, he was winning the second Ward fight up until he got stopped.

I think the point is now everyone knows (top fighters) go to the body consistently and Kov will quit or wait 6 and he’ll gas, if he has any hope to reinvent himself he has to start with getting a proper trainer and not a yes man puppet.

Comment

• Great win for Alvarez! Congratulations to him on winning the titles!

Comment

• That's what you get for being a racist

Comment

• Kovalev's final part of his career is beginning to look similar to that of Mike Tyson in a sinister way. The original mindset has gone once and for all, and the chin has followed.

And... once more I'm kicking myself in the balls. I was ready to bet on the Alvarez knockout yesterday, stood there without pulling the trigger, and I was punished for that... Quite a few Euros flown. What a dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post

Was not expecting that at all, in my book it was a points win for Álvarez or a T/KO for Kovalev (and KO for Kovalev was my vote). This is why I love boxing! Terrific fight!!!
                Is your username a nod to Curb?

Comment

• Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
                  But when his former trainer pointed out all these things, and Kov's aversion to training properly, y'all all beat the messenger. Y'all played the "loyalty" card instead of respecting that the man was speaking professionally about the problems he was having in getting the Kov to train proper and have the proper attitude. Y'all beat down the trainer, who was publicly trying to give Kovy a message ...

Anyway, Kovalev doesn't have to be done. He's met someone else who was better this night. It happens, but if he wants he can get back.
                  Exactly. This is nsb doe so constructive criticism and analysis is equated to hate or is made to be some kind of issue. Maybe next time when someone offers honest opinion and assessment of a guy like kov nsb denizens will accept it.

Kov was very critical of Jackson. Ok he made his bed and got rid of him. Look what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                    Kovalev's final part of his career is beginning to look similar to that of Mike Tyson in a sinister way. The original mindset has gone once and for all, and the chin has followed.

And... once more I'm kicking myself in the balls. I was ready to bet on the Alvarez knockout yesterday, stood there without pulling the trigger, and I was punished for that... Quite a few Euros flown. What a dick.
                    I really don't think the chin was ever there in the first place.
                    I know what you mean though, it's a familiar tale of bully punchers who have a destructive, intimidating aura, having their weaknesses exposed and once they lose their aura, they crumble. Tyson after Douglas is the most obvious example.
                    Like I said, I don't think Kovalev ever had a good chin, and was never a complete fighter. When he was in his winning streak and everyone was terrified of him, I was waiting for days like today when he got what was coming to him.
                    I really didn't like the way he carried himself when he was champion, things like standing over Shilakh taunting him. He always seemed like a total dick. Then the endless excuses after the Ward defeats. I thought he said he was a better fighter now? **** Kovalev, he's done. Everyone knows he's weak and chinny now. He'll be drowning his sorrows with booze when he's retired.

Comment

• Coach's fault no doubt. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X