Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
    Again with regards to the Mayweather comparison, Ward seems to be a decent guy outside the ring. TPTB felt that Ward being black and undefeated would be enough to have him emulate Floyd's financial success, but for whatever reason Andre never caught on, people just never cared enough about him I think.
    There’s been a lot of black fighters that stayed undefeated a long time and didn’t achieve Floyd’s financial success. Matter of fact, nobody in boxing history, regardless of color has achieved Floyd’s financial success. Which makes the point you’re trying to make even dumber.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
      So Chad Dawson wasn’t a top notch fighter?
      He was...that was a good win...but the weight cut thing really hurts that win in a lot of people's eyes, rightfully so I think.

Dawson apparently asked to do a catchweight once he realized he couldn't really make 168, and Ward wanted none of it.

Part of my point with Ward in general...great fighters test themselves...he always wanted everything in his favor 100%...smart as far as 'winning' goes, but as far as greatness as a fighter goes, I can't co-sign that.

For example, if Ward did to Kov in Russia, what Alvarez did to Kov tonight, who could hate on him? Of course that is an extreme example, but the point overall is that Ward was a bit of a diva who never really tested himself (although I do give him credit for moving up and facing Kov twice)

Comment

There’s been a lot of black fighters that stayed undefeated a long time and didn’t achieve Floyd’s financial success. Matter of fact, nobody in boxing history, regardless of color has achieved Floyd’s financial success. Which makes the point you’re trying to make even dumber.
        Who are all these fighters?? lol Please name some

Comment

Lol thought I was making some progress with you!! But seems like you just want to double down on your original opinion even when things are explained to you...waste of time...best of luck to you sincerely

Comment

• Yesss!

I’m happy that the racist Kovalev has been knocked out again. And I hope he’s finished for good. Lmao!

Comment

• Ward fought the best and beat the best in their prime. Even when he was dealing with serious injuries that weren’t working in his favor. He’s a GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrianJ View Post
                I’m happy that the racist Kovalev has been knocked out again. And I hope he’s finished for good. Lmao!
                It was a beautiful display of boxing by Alvarez.

Comment

• Alvarez makes it official. Kovalev is a beaten man. Amazing to see Kovalev knocked out in that way. If I was Kovalev I would retire

Comment

• Very nice win, big statement. Surprise of the year so far?

Comment

I think GGG is a better fighter than Kovalev. But I think Kovalev is more talented. Kovalev is a better technical boxer. He’s better defensively. He’s quicker. And he brings the same power. Where GGG gets him is in heart, will, and chin.
                      when they sparred each other, G always got the best of kov.

Comment

Working...
                      X