Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua To Wilder: If You Believe You Can Win - Sign Contract!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    How can he? Remember, Eddie Hearn has already booked two dates for AJ at Wembley. One for Sept. 2018 and the other for April 2019. That's a two fight deal. The first one is for his mandatory WBA defense and the second is a voluntary defense potentially for a Deontay Wilder bout. Which was due to a belief that Wilder would sign for that date.

Now as we all know a unification or undisputed trumps a mandatory but if Joshua and Matchroom Boxing decides to roll the dice with Wilder and there's no deal; Then AJ will be stripped of his IBF title. Therefore, it seems Wilder has AJ by the balls. If he doesn't draft a better deal by negotiating in good faith; Chances are Joshua would be stripped of that title by the end of the year.
    Or he would have to fight Pulev at Wembley. Would be a waste of money as that fight would generate more profit in Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by ThelronMike View Post
      It is confirmed that Showtime offered a 80 million, 2 fight deal. Gay J turned it down because whitey said so
      Really?? Then I apologise, but that is the first I’ve heard of it. Are you lying to me Mike?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        They want to control the narrative. He doesn't want people to think he is avoiding any fights. To me, he is reinforcing what a lot are saying, which is that Joshua feels he should be compensated extra for taking a risk of losing. He has a Mayweather attitude without the Mayweather longevity and resume.
        I don't think he needs to control anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I don't think he needs to control anything.
          Well that's what he and Hearn have been doing. Its why they had Joshua sign the contract knowing Wilder wasn't willing to accept those terms for an April fight. Its why they continue to bring up the contract in ever interview even though no one thinks its smart to sign the contract before the Povetkin fight.

I think most reasonable fans feel the way you do. He doesn't need to control the narrative. Just do what needs to be done to make the best fights, win, and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by fullers View Post
            If Joshua thought he could win why didn't he sign guaranteed $50 million contract to fight. His arguments were the same in reverse
            Fuller that is very true but as the A side we do the dictating. However you are right though. We didn’t accept 50m but we expect Wilder to accept 15 million to fight in 10 months. Are you American?? No Emotion in your words just critical thinking. You are a credit to your country. Well done

Comment

Watch what people do and not what they say because they can say one thing then move the goalposts, throw up obstacles, find a convenient exit etc.
              I don't know Anthony Joshua but it appears to me he is young, and maybe isn't ready for the role of having a big bullseye on him, which simply comes with the territory. Enzo Calzaghe said about when Joe was on top, that is was like flies attracted to **** how many guys were calling him out to fight. It's just like maybe he should have smacked Baby Boy Miller at the conference, but was taken aback by what he said. He has to be ready to smack somebody like that.
              Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 07-31-2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
                It’s worth more than $100 million. Sponsors, live gate, US PPV, and factor in that the fight will replay the following week.
                The contract sent to Wilder didn’t have the referee or judges & no telling what else missing. If you are an undefeated defending champion, would you sign it?
                No, you wouldn’t nor would any human with half a brain.
                No rematch for Wilder if he loses but AJ gets a rematch?
                Come on man, take an objective look at the whole picture
                If I was confident I could beat the opponent by knockout, I wouldn't hesitate for second. I wouldn't care about judges, referees, location. If I wanted something so bad and new I had what it takes to get it, you bet your bottom dollar I'll take the opportunity.

If I was scared I'd lose, then yes I'd be crazy to take the deal and lose the belt that is my only way of making more than $1m a fight.

If I was in the opposing corner, and I knew I could win by knockout, I would take $50m to fight in the US, build my profile and make $30-40m per fight afterwards because my audience is now huge. potentially a rematch with Wilder would be worth $60-70m+ if it was a hard fought win. Then fight Fury in $100m fight to ride off into the sunset as the absolute undisputed heavyweight of this era. Nobody else would really make me more unless some new Mike Tyson came out of nowhere, so there would be no point in carrying on.

Reality is I'm neither and both sides love talking the talk, but neither walk the walk. They both have a lot to lose and are scared of each other as they both have career ending power.

The fanboyism on this forum has gone stratospheric, going beyond even May/Pac levels. I'm tired of reading the back and forth.

Comment

"Me and Wilder is the best fight in the division right now, not me and Povetkin," Joshua said to ESPN UK.

Where is that dick riding poster who was on here yesterday arguing that AJ takes the "best available fights" and that it was Povetkin...

He just admitted that his next fight isn't the "best fight" available

Lol can't make this stuff up
                  Last edited by Butch.McRae; 07-31-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    Fuller that is very true but as the A side we do the dictating. However you are right though. We didn’t accept 50m but we expect Wilder to accept 15 million to fight in 10 months. Are you American?? No Emotion in your words just critical thinking. You are a credit to your country. Well done
                    But, he did do the dictating. Wilder didnt invent the $50m figure. The A side said, give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow.

Comment

Either way,
                      Fury fights Wilder. Fury wins.
                      AJ fights Fury. Who knows who wins that!?
                      No more Yank heavyweight champs for about 5-6 years.
                      No more Yank ****boys on here saying the UK isn't where the heavyweight scene is.
                      Wilder becomes a ***** like Big Baby Miller who has to make a spectacle of himself to get fights.
                      Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

Comment

Working...
                      X