Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua To Wilder: If You Believe You Can Win - Sign Contract!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    But, he did do the dictating. Wilder didnt invent the $50m figure. The A side said, give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow.
    Yes, but it came with stipulations.You know that. Ok, Joshua here is the 50 million you asked for but you fight where we tell you more than likely in America, you get no rematch clause. I don’t care how many belts you hold and the fight will be on so and so network and you will conduct this many media obligations. I don’t know where you are from but that is being dictated to. The money was good though

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
      Yes, but it came with stipulations.You know that. Ok, Joshua here is the 50 million you asked for but you fight where we tell you more than likely in America, you get no rematch clause. I don’t care how many belts you hold and the fight will be on so and so network and you will conduct this many media obligations. I don’t know where you are from but that is being dictated to. The money was good though
      The question of venue is how the $50m figure came about in the first place. Eddie said the fight wouldn't do $100m in UK, team Wilder said it would do that in Vegas. Johnson said if it's $100m fight, give me $50m and I'll sign tomorrow. So obviously it would be a Vegas fight...

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post
        If I was confident I could beat the opponent by knockout, I wouldn't hesitate for second. I wouldn't care about judges, referees, location. If I wanted something so bad and new I had what it takes to get it, you bet your bottom dollar I'll take the opportunity.

If I was scared I'd lose, then yes I'd be crazy to take the deal and lose the belt that is my only way of making more than $1m a fight.

If I was in the opposing corner, and I knew I could win by knockout, I would take $50m to fight in the US, build my profile and make $30-40m per fight afterwards because my audience is now huge. potentially a rematch with Wilder would be worth $60-70m+ if it was a hard fought win. Then fight Fury in $100m fight to ride off into the sunset as the absolute undisputed heavyweight of this era. Nobody else would really make me more unless some new Mike Tyson came out of nowhere, so there would be no point in carrying on.

Reality is I'm neither and both sides love talking the talk, but neither walk the walk. They both have a lot to lose and are scared of each other as they both have career ending power.

The fanboyism on this forum has gone stratospheric, going beyond even May/Pac levels. I'm tired of reading the back and forth.
        Nice words but it’s too late for all that.One American told me to put my nasal where the sun don’t shine. So I f#ucked his mother. You are missing a good fight are you sure you don’t want in😜

Comment

im looking forward to when AJ loses. His ego is 10x bigger than his skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            Every current boxer would take that deal NOT named AJ. Give the same deal to Wilder then in UK. I bet he takes it.

Comment

AJ you're a dumb A$$ lol You turned down your own offer of $50 million ("I'd fight him tomorrow if they gave me 50 million" lol) plus upside which was actually more than you asked for .... You better be careful with Povetkin's power it ain't smart to overlook him!

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                Well that's what he and Hearn have been doing. Its why they had Joshua sign the contract knowing Wilder wasn't willing to accept those terms for an April fight. Its why they continue to bring up the contract in ever interview even though no one thinks its smart to sign the contract before the Povetkin fight.

I think most reasonable fans feel the way you do. He doesn't need to control the narrative. Just do what needs to be done to make the best fights, win, and move on.
                I totally agree with you.

Comment

Beat it bum, you had your chance to make close to $100 million dollars, but you ducked the fight and your crooked promoter, who is trying to chase fighters down and steal them from other people, instead of building his own talent, **** blocked you. Now you are left fighting bums and fighters no one is interested in seeing except for the 90,000 dilusional drunk/dancing fans from the Queenland, while Wilder is making power moves and fighting the best, hope PEDvitken doesn’t spoil any of your plans fighting Dylan *****, lolllllllllll

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
                    Beat it bum, you had your chance to make close to $100 million dollars, but you ducked the fight and your crooked promoter, who is trying to chase fighters down and steal them from other people, instead of building his own talent, **** blocked you. Now you are left fighting bums and fighters no one is interested in seeing except for the 90,000 dilusional drunk/dancing fans from the Queenland, while Wilder is making power moves and fighting the best, hope PEDvitken doesn’t spoil any of your plans fighting Dylan *****, lolllllllllll
                    If Wilder does fight Fury, it's gotta be very frustrating for Joshua. Listening to Hearn might cost him what he wants more than anything. I really believe he wanted Fury most of all. He might not get his shot b/c Wilder is a true threat to a fit Fury.

I expect him to get a lot more vocal if they announce a Fury v. Wilder fight. The winner of that fight would true claim as the #1 fighter at HW. He's not going to just standby and be quiet.

Comment

This coward turned down $50 mil plus

Comment

Working...
                      X