Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua To Wilder: If You Believe You Can Win - Sign Contract!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holler View Post
    Doesn't work that way. This isn't a meeting of equals. AJ is the unified champion and the box office draw and he has lots of options to make big money without the wilder fight. He's got time on his side as well and should continue to improve with each of his next few camps. So he gets the lions share and to dictate terms. Wilder doesn't get to demand anything, he either comes to terms or tries to plot an alternative path.
    Well AJ better do it fast because he has an IBF mandatory coming up soon and there is no way they are going to allow him to hold onto that belt until April without defending it. Pulev is waiting in the wings.

He better try to work out a sweeter deal with Wilder because if he doesn't he is going to be stripped of that IBF title. It seems to me that the tide is slowly shifting where Deontay is getting the upper hand in the negotiations.

Comment

Wilder is w coward and a bum

Move on aj, the man wants nothing to do with you, he knows once he faces the true champ, it’s lights out

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Well AJ better do it fast because he has an IBF mandatory coming up soon and there is no way they are going to allow him to hold onto that belt until April without defending it. Pulev is waiting in the wings.

He better try to work out sweeter deal with Wilder because if he doesn't he is going to be stripped of that IBF title. It seems to me that the tide is slowly shifting where Deontay is getting the upper hand in the negotiations.

He will defend his IBF belt what makes you think otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
          He will defend his IBF belt what makes you think otherwise?
          How can he? Remember, Eddie Hearn has already booked two dates for AJ at Wembley. One for Sept. 2018 and the other for April 2019. That's a two fight deal. The first one is for his mandatory WBA defense and the second is a voluntary defense potentially for a Deontay Wilder bout. Which was due to a belief that Wilder would sign for that date.

Now as we all know a unification or undisputed trumps a mandatory but if Joshua and Matchroom Boxing decides to roll the dice with Wilder and there's no deal; Then AJ will be stripped of his IBF title. Therefore, it seems Wilder has AJ by the balls. If he doesn't draft a better deal by negotiating in good faith; Chances are Joshua would be stripped of that title by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by ukbox View Post
            Stop trying to act like uou know what you're talking about.
            Its the biggest turd mayweather left in boxing where supposed fans act like accountants

This fight will sell huge is the uk..think aj numbers

It'll sell out a stadium & do very well on ppv in the uk & globally

And thats without them talking & hyping. It'll sell out in minutes..
            Honestly, you are the most clueless poster on here and that is saying something. The fight is going to be in Vegas and will probably do similar UK PPV numbers to GGG-Canelo. Fury isn't even big in the UK, for the Klitschko v Fury rematch, they had only sold 10,000 tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
              Agreed

I haven’t seen this many f**kboys since the Floyd manny saga
              I find it interesting that Wilder fans feel the exact same way about Jishua and his fans as you do about Wilder and them.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
                It’s worth more than $100 million. Sponsors, live gate, US PPV, and factor in that the fight will replay the following week.
                The contract sent to Wilder didn’t have the referee or judges & no telling what else missing. If you are an undefeated defending champion, would you sign it?
                No, you wouldn’t nor would any human with half a brain.
                No rematch for Wilder if he loses but AJ gets a rematch?
                Come on man, take an objective look at the whole picture
                No way in hell is this a $100m fight.

Secondly it's common for those things not to be put in the contract, the contracts are agreed and then these are announced. For example the fight is made but then the NASC or BBBoC and sanctioning bodies then have to agree on officials.

You saying 'no telling what else is missing' is purely speculation on your part. Finkel himself said it was only the date/location that was missing so that cuts of any issues with the contract.

Hell yes I'd sign it, it's not about legacy these days it's about money, it's a business and if I can make 10x for one fight then I'm taking it.

The point I've highlighted in bold is something I agree with, that is a bit unfair BUT ultimately Parker didn't get that option as it would cause difficulty in trying to unify so I can see why it was omitted. - If there is money in the rematch anyway you'd still fight them down the line, it's good business.

Comment

Coward trying to save face, I wonder if his master Edwards Hearns was giving him the permission to say this idiotic statement or waiting in the wings like his chaperone!

Wilder wants the REAL champion Tyson Fury, not the pauper UK chumpion So Antoinette Joshua can shove the most one sided contracts in unification boxing history up his pampered a$$!

Remember people this man ran away from the 50 million dollars he asked for and it was confirmed to be real by Edwards Hearns himself on IFLTV!

Remember this is the pu55y that told fans of the sport and even fans of his own to go and train to fight Wilder instead of accepting the 50 million he asked for from Wilder or giving a percentage to Wilder to make the fight!
                  Last edited by Squ□redCircle34; 07-31-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                    90k fans in Wembley.... worth less than 30k-20k in Vegas?
                    the money isnt in relation to the capacity of seats, in terms of network and commercial funds there will be a lot more money made stateside

Comment

AJ speaks up now that Wilder and Fury are supposedly in talks? Been very quiet before haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X