Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto interview with Fight Hype: "Without a doubt Mayweather the best I fought"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love miguel but he did say it wouldn't be a problem making weight. Miguel won't like the loss to Pac as he lost to a former flyweight. So it is in his best interest to say he struggled to make weight. Many boxers struggle to make weight even when it's not cw so you can't downgrade Pac s win, struggling to make weight is part and parcel of boxing. Could the extra pound loss make so much difference that even a straw weight could best miguel.?
    If floyd fans try dismiss Pac s win over miguel then they must also dismiss Floyd's win over Pac cos of shoulder injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
      So basically, you calling me names coz you believe the 1lb difference from Cotto's previous Fight with Clottey which was 146lbs and his next fight with Pac @ 145lbs is a huge difference. Am I right? So you believe that 1lb is such a huge factor.

So here's one lb of shyit. This will help you realise how easy it is to lose 1lb.

Now tell Cotto to take a dump hehe

Im calling you names because you are some weird twisted soul that is so infatuated with a hero its unhealthy and toxic.

You run around this forum spewing reams of propaganda with the mindset that you will fill the place up with stuff so you must be right.

Well youre not right kid, you are off in the head to the point of psychosis .

AS far as Cotto is concerned he was a % drained and it effected his performance, he has made comment of it a few times, off the pressure Arum put on him to take the fight, that he didn't want to put his 147 title up at 145 lbs its all there go find it.

Cotto is a very proud man he is not making excuses he is not even saying he would win without the CW, he is saying he was weight effected by the 145 CW and that he would never put his body through that again for another fighter.

So spin it any way you like to keep your hero on top of your bedroom shrine, its you who has got to live with your crazy, not me !

Comment

• Some of u guys are Trippin. Yes Cotto had difficulty cutting the weight. Despite what he said to anyone. Rewatch the 24/7 on the fight.

That’s. It what did him in the fight. He was trained by his water boy. His water. His water boy was in his corner during the fight. Cotto basically trained himself which n ver works out. Cotto learned and hired a trained right after.

Comment

• In that fight, Floyd stood in the pocket, toe to toe and took Cotto's best shots. He didn't run, he laid on the ropes and traded punches with Miguel, while allowing him to tee off on him.

In addition, Mayweather let him fight at his natural full weight of a 154 lbs without dehydrating his body by attempting to cut weight. Actually that was the last best action fight of Mayweather's career; Until Roger stepped down as the head trainer and then his father took over the reigns as his head trainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            After all these years I still can't work out if this guy is a great troll or just has an IQ of 10.

Comment

• Slight additional boost to Floyd's legacy.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                In that fight, Floyd stood in the pocket, toe to toe and took Cotto's best shots. He didn't run, he laid on the ropes and traded punches with Miguel, while allowing him to tee off on him.

In addition, Mayweather let him fight at his natural full weight of a 154 lbs without dehydrating his body by attempting to cut weight. Actually that was the last best action fight of Mayweather's career; Until Roger stepped down as the head trainer and then his father took over the reigns as his head trainer.
                oh yeah and floyd did that for the fans too right? and cotto sucked above 147. he really never did anything good so he was "healthy" aka fat and comfortable but was he good? no.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I love miguel but he did say it wouldn't be a problem making weight. Miguel won't like the loss to Pac as he lost to a former flyweight. So it is in his best interest to say he struggled to make weight. Many boxers struggle to make weight even when it's not cw so you can't downgrade Pac s win, struggling to make weight is part and parcel of boxing. Could the extra pound loss make so much difference that even a straw weight could best miguel.?
                  If floyd fans try dismiss Pac s win over miguel then they must also dismiss Floyd's win over Pac cos of shoulder injury.
                  It's funny how whenever a common opponent says Pacquaio is better you take it as gospel yet when a common opponent says Floyd is better you make all the excuses in the world.

Comment

• He probably resents that Pac made him fight at 145lbs, dropped him and beat him into full retreat until the stoppage. He was competitive against Mayweather though, even making him bleed. Very good fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      I love miguel but he did say it wouldn't be a problem making weight. Miguel won't like the loss to Pac as he lost to a former flyweight. So it is in his best interest to say he struggled to make weight. Many boxers struggle to make weight even when it's not cw so you can't downgrade Pac s win, struggling to make weight is part and parcel of boxing. Could the extra pound loss make so much difference that even a straw weight could best miguel.?
                      Manny said he didn't have a shoulder injury on the waiver so....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X