No announcement yet.

Cotto interview with Fight Hype: "Without a doubt Mayweather the best I fought"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    oh yeah and floyd did that for the fans too right? and cotto sucked above 147. he really never did anything good so he was "healthy" aka fat and comfortable but was he good? no.
    Well that Pacquiao fight may have permanently ruined his career. So no, he wasn't the same fighter above 147.

He had a very short run at 154 (3-2). Obviously, 147 was his peak weight. So therefore, Manny probably shaved many years off his prime in that one fight.

The problem was Cotto probably had outgrown the division several years prior but was yet still cutting weight just to make the limit. I would have advised to move up after the Margarito loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Im calling you names because you are some weird twisted soul that is so infatuated with a hero its unhealthy and toxic.

You run around this forum spewing reams of propaganda with the mindset that you will fill the place up with stuff so you must be right.

Well youre not right kid, you are off in the head to the point of psychosis .

AS far as Cotto is concerned he was a % drained and it effected his performance, he has made comment of it a few times, off the pressure Arum put on him to take the fight, that he didn't want to put his 147 title up at 145 lbs its all there go find it.

Cotto is a very proud man he is not making excuses he is not even saying he would win without the CW, he is saying he was weight effected by the 145 CW and that he would never put his body through that again for another fighter.

So spin it any way you like to keep your hero on top of your bedroom shrine, its you who has got to live with your crazy, not me !
      Not spinning anything. It's you who can't seem to grasp what a lb of weight is relative to Cotto signing the Dotted line in accepting the fight with Pacquiao.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/11/10...-weight-issues

Cotto also said before the fight: Puerto Rico’s Cotto, on the other hand, told the same website that he will make the weight.

“When we took this fight, we decided that we were fine with 145. We knew we could do it and we knew we would be at our best the next night,” he told DoghouseBoxing.com.

We would not have taken this fight if we didn’t think I was going to be at my best the next night after the weigh-in,” he continued.

Now, that one pound you seem to make it a huge factor. Take a dump, and see if you lose a pound after that.

What sets Pac and Cotto appart is skill. And telling me Cotto is better @ 154 is why you are fuvked up in the head.

Prime Cotto is the weltwerweight division. Floyd toyed with Cotto because he was slow, old, battle worn and lethargic at 154. NOT HIS BEST WEIGHT. That's the big difference.

Not his best since the beating he took from Pac. If you don't want to listen to what I say.. listen to this dude below.

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      Well that Pacquiao fight may have permanently ruined his career. So no, he wasn't the same fighter above 147.
      Last edited by Spoon23; 07-23-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Not spinning anything. It's you who can't seem to grasp what a lb of weigh is relative to Cotto signing the Dotted line in accepting the fight with Pacquiao.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/11/10...-weight-issues

Cotto also said before the fight: Puerto Rico’s Cotto, on the other hand, told the same website that he will make the weight.

“When we took this fight, we decided that we were fine with 145. We knew we could do it and we knew we would be at our best the next night,” he told DoghouseBoxing.com.

We would not have taken this fight if we didn’t think I was going to be at my best the next night after the weigh-in,” he continued.

What sets Pac and Cotto appart is skill. And telling me Cotto is better @ 154 is why you are fuvked up in the head.

Prime Cotto is the weltwerweight division. Floyd toyed with Cotto because he was slow, old, battle worn and lethargic at 154. NOT HIS BEST WEIGHT. That's the big difference.

Now, that one pound you seem to make it a huge factor. Take a dump, and see if you lose a pound after that.
        ...and Manny fought Cotto who was battle-worn at a catchweight...

Margarito is the only person to beat Cotto and it very well could've been with illegal hand wraps.

Manny fought Cotto after Margs took his soul and then watched Clottey get a gift decision against Clottey (who bloodied Cotto up).

The fight happens at a catchweight with Miguel using a rookie trainer...

It's fine if you don't like Floyd's win over Cotto, but trying to make it Manny v Floyd (in terms of who had the better win) - I'll save you time.

Floyd had the better win against Cotto, Mosley, DLH, Hatton, and even JMM.

That doesn't mean Floyd's better than Manny (although he is), but Floyd fought fresher guys without a doubt.

Manny still a great fighter and probably HOF

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          ...and Manny fought Cotto who was battle-worn at a catchweight...

Margarito is the only person to beat Cotto and it very well could've been with illegal hand wraps.

Manny fought Cotto after Margs took his soul and then watched Clottey get a gift decision against Clottey (who bloodied Cotto up).

The fight happens at a catchweight with Miguel using a rookie trainer...

It's fine if you don't like Floyd's win over Cotto, but trying to make it Manny v Floyd (in terms of who had the better win) - I'll save you time.

Floyd had the better win against Cotto, Mosley, DLH, Hatton, and even JMM.

That doesn't mean Floyd's better than Manny (although he is), but Floyd fought fresher guys without a doubt.

Manny still a great fighter and probably HOF
          lol so many excuse to up Floyd lololololol

Cotto was Battle worn after Margarito, but still has some left. If Cotto was battle worn, then he became even more battle worn after the beating Pac dished out, as a result. Floyd took out a walking zombie lmao

Cotto's testimony and previous fight shows. Getting to 145 is easy.

It was just 1 pound difference from his last fight prior to the Pacquio fight. So people using this argument is exaggerating.

https://www.boxingscene.com/media/sh...hp/photo/22493

Cotto vs. Clottey

New York - WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto weighed 146-pounds for title defense against former champion Joshua Clottey of Ghana. Clottey weighed in at the welterweight limit of 147. They clash in the main event on Saturday night at New York's Madison Square Garden.

#BEREAL

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
          I'm too lazy to post it, but Cotto's face after the Pacquaio fight looks like a botox surgery gone very wrong.

Last edited by Spoon23; 07-22-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• I have Floyd favoured against anyone. Lucky enough to see him fight live. Crawford would be a great fight though.

Comment

• What a liar. How is Pac not the best he has fought ?

Comment

• 11a
                Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                lol so many excuse to up Floyd lololololol

Cotto was Battle worn after Margarito, but still has some left. If Cotto was battle worn, then he became even more battle worn after the beating Pac dished out, as a result. Floyd took out a walking zombie lmao

Cotto's testimony and previous fight shows. Getting to 145 is easy.

It was just 1 pound difference from his last fight prior to the Pacquio fight. So people using this argument is exaggerating.

https://www.boxingscene.com/media/sh...hp/photo/22493

Cotto vs. Clottey

New York - WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto weighed 146-pounds for title defense against former champion Joshua Clottey of Ghana. Clottey weighed in at the welterweight limit of 147. They clash in the main event on Saturday night at New York's Madison Square Garden.

#BEREAL

Yeah cant even debate with you because youre drinking too much cum while Duterte rapes your people and country.

Have fun ��

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  11a

Yeah cant even debate with you because youre drinking too much cum while Duterte rapes your people and country.

Have fun ��
                  Down goes BJl12. (Bl0wJob Boy- and he tells me I have cum lol)

Just like that baby! Shyits too easy!

Now look at this photo. Stare at it for reference. As much as you like hehe

My people? You fuvkn' racist! I'm not filipino.

Cheers!
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 07-23-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    What a liar. How is Pac not the best he has fought ?
                    Exactly, how can he be that blind. He was competitive with Floyd and demolished with Pac.

Last edited by Spoon23; 07-23-2018, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                      What a liar. How is Pac not the best he has fought ?
                      I wouldn't want to call miguel a liar. But miguel wouldn't want people to think Pac fought the best miguel as that means former flyweight best him. It's in miguel best interest to say cw effected him.
                      That's understandable but that shouldn't give people a license to not acknowledge Pac s win was more dominant, impressive and convincing than Floyd's win.

Comment

Working...
                      X