Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury to Fight Francesco Pianeta on August 18 in Belfast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a better opponent than i was expecting tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      Baby steps, Fury is still shifting weight, he won't peak until next year and a couple more fights after this.

The fans will criticise, it is what it is. Fury needs 4/5 fights to get back close to his 2015 level.
      Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      That's a better opponent than i was expecting tbh.
      I agree. This is the right level of opponent for Fury right now, a step up from Seferi, and I'm glad it's going to be an undercard fight this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        Baby steps, Fury is still shifting weight, he won't peak until next year and a couple more fights after this.

The fans will criticise, it is what it is. Fury needs 4/5 fights to get back close to his 2015 level.
        Excuse me, isn't that inconsistent for somebody who claims to be the greatest HW right now? For whom Wilder, AJ and Parker are just bums? Put up or shut up. I always thought that Fury's standards for himself are very low. He talks much about his win over Wlad, but the reality was it was Wlad's off night for whatever reason. Fury isn't that amazing to look Wlad like a paralyzed amateur, which he was. Fury did nothing since then to prove unquestionably he is at the top level even though he did well against Klitschko. The jury is still out there, IMO.

Comment

"lineal champ" doe.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
            Pathetic. Vitali Klitschko after 4 year lay off fought Sam Peter for the WBC belt. Just sayin...
            Yeah well Klitschko wasn’t hanging out at the pub drinking all day, snorting coke & putting on 100lbs. Klitschko is in shape 365 days a year. You can’t really compare the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              This one doesn't look too bad on the surface, but Pianeta has gone in the tank the last few years. In the last 3 years he's been blasted out in a round by an old, fat Ruslan Chagaev that lost to Lucas Browne and he got stopped by the corpse of Kingpin Johnson. The only positive is that at 6'5, 245 he's a real HW.
              then Pianeta lost a UD to an up & coming prospect in Petar Milas. Milas stopped Kevin Johnson & then beat Pianeta.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                Yeah well Klitschko wasn’t hanging out at the pub drinking all day, snorting coke & putting on 100lbs. Klitschko is in shape 365 days a year. You can’t really compare the 2.
                That's right. In fact, had Fury fought Vitali instead of the statue of Wladimir, he would have been knocked out.

For the record, Pianeta is also a testicular cancer survivor.

Comment

Decent next step for Fury. A Euro level heavyweight who had no business being in a title fight with Klitschko. He got cherry picked by Chagaev & Klitschko. He beat a bunch of old HWs & journeymen with name recognition to get his rank & fights.

Comment

Well no one is going to bother tuning in for this one ..

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      then Pianeta lost a UD to an up & coming prospect in Petar Milas. Milas stopped Kevin Johnson & then beat Pianeta.
                      Yeah, I saw the second half of that fight, wasn't that impressed with Milas

Comment

Working...
                      X