Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua Ready to Sign Contract to Fight Wilder on April 13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    it's not next because your people took too long to find their pen
    That's a lie. Wilder never had a contract with a date. Was told to wait a few days for a date. Then Hearn admitted he'd decided to go with Povetkin next and the date would be April.

Wilder never had an opportunity to sign for a 2018 fight. Not even in Hearn's version of events.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverb View Post
      Hearn and Finkel are together on this whole charade. It's called the hype train. Everyone gets played like a fiddle, the fight happens, eventually. Both teams get paid more than they would have by fighting sooner. It's the way it works.

And in fairness, whatever either side says, it gets everyone wound up on boxing forums, which are a soap opera in themselves.
      It may work out that way, but that doesn't mean the two sides were in cahoots. Finkel wanted the fight ASAP figuring AJ is still improving and the sooner the better.

Hearn wanted to stall, figuring AJ is still improving and the later the better.

Comment

1 - Hearn sends low ball offer figuring Deontay will say no, thus delaying the fight, which was Hearn's preference.

2 - Deontay believes Hearn is trying to delay the fight, so to call his bluff, he accepts a low ball offer to prove Hearn didn't want the fight next.

3 - Hearn finds an excuse not to do the fight next, proving Deontay was right.

4 - Since the fight isn't next, and Deontay proved Hearn was lying about wanting it next, Deontay is no longer interested in the low ball offer.

5 - Hearn says, even though you only agreed to the low ball offer if the fight was next, you should still accept even though the fight isn't next.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
          Quite a shrewd PR move from Hearn. Plus, given Povetkin's a live challenge against AJ, I'm sure Hearn wants Wilder to sign before the Povetkin fight in case Joshua gets sparked
          Even if he got sparked the fight between him and Wilder would still be 10x bigger than the pedvetkin and the Oldtez fight combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
            A J has stated on many occasions that he'd like to fight in Africa, So why won't the Ca$h Greedy "Fa$t £ddie" Hearn make it happen. (Oh I think I've answered my own question)!
            Anthony Joshua fights in Africa the moment that the money to host an event manifests (Sky Box Office would air the same time in the UK as regular).

Joshua keeps winning, ends up as undisputed heavyweight champion, and he'll eventually come across o BS mandatory that doesn't draw Vegas interest or really provides the juice in the UK.

And that's when Joshua would head to MKO Abiola Stadium in Nigeria, and make an event of it.

Anthony Joshua (c) vs Fres Oquendo or some other BS fight, at some point October-February (dry season, so no worry for rain messing with anything).

Comment

Originally posted by KingWiked View Post
              Hearn is da only one looking like an idiot. Talking about a contract that's not even signed but yet blaming Wilder for not moving on it. I think he wants to point da finger at someone when it all blows up on his face! Let's jus get this fight settled, i see a trilogy in da future.
              It doesn't matter if Joshua never signed it first bc his team are the ones dictating the terms. Joshua cannot change any stipulations that Wilder agrees to.

It is the job to get the B side to sign otherwise its a waste of time. Joshua has signed it now to put pressure on Wilder and his ridiculous 50% stance.

Wilder plays games so the games will continue.

Comment

Another thread for us to bump if Povetkin wins.

Comment

Talking of paper titles...
                  The WBC title, vacated by Vitali Klitschko, contested by Arreola and Stiverne; and since that glory, defended against how many names?
                  Go, list that glittering array of top contenders for a title which was vacated.

Joshua Vs Wilder is going to happen, you're just caught up in the hype from both teams.
                  You missed the point. Who has what title aside, how do you sell AJ vs Joe What's his name and get 20 million?
                  The hype only makes sense if they plan to make more money. I see a low ball flat offer with more strings than the London philharmonic. Think Kell khan, should, would, could, but didn't happen. I'm not knocking AJ, but does he really trust Hearn? Hearn wants a stream of income, even if AJ has to fight into old age.

Comment

I might hate this dude more then I hate Arum and DLH combined!

Comment

Talking of paper titles...
                      The WBC title, vacated by Vitali Klitschko, contested by Arreola and Stiverne; and since that glory, defended against how many names?
                      Go, list that glittering array of top contenders for a title which was vacated.

Joshua Vs Wilder is going to happen, you're just caught up in the hype from both teams.
                      AJs titles, the IBF was taken from the real champ and gifted to some bum who AJ overpaid to fight in Martin. The WBA title was also vacant and fought an old Wlad who was coming off a loss and hadn't fought in a year. As for the WBO title, he beat Parker but Parker didn't beat no great fighter for it. So you could say both Wilder and AJ are on par.

Comment

Working...
                      X