Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Won't Accept Flat Fee; Now It's 50-50 for Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    FACT: Wilder clearly did everything he could to make that fight

FACT: Joshua clearly did not do everything he could to make that fight

not much to discuss here
    FACT: This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      FACT: Wilder clearly did everything he could to make that fight

FACT: Joshua clearly did not do everything he could to make that fight

not much to discuss here
      everything except sign.

Comment

• my 2c.....

Joshua is being smart

the reason why Joshua is being smart, and not ducking.....

1) he will likely fight Wilder next..... that fight is not being marinated imho, it is being deferred until the time is right for Joshua..... there is a difference

time will tell if my prediction is true, but..... I have time..... not sure why you guys do not lol

2) Povetkin will be no pushover, there are FAR easier fights to take than Povetkin..... I truly thought they were lining up Whyte for another shot

is it technically correct to direct the term " duck " at Joshua ?

yup !..... but it would be impetuous, and short-sighted

does it matter ?

nope, not if that fight happens next

like I said earlier..... it's not like Joshua ducked his mando to run off and fight Vanes or anything

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          How the fck do you know what was mentioned in the contract?
          Don't you think if Finkel was lying about that, Hearn would have corrected him?

Nowhere in any of Hearn's statements has he said Oct/Nov were in the contract. He's just said "of course" the fight is next or "they knew" the fight was next. But he's been very careful to never say that the contract said the fight was next. Because he knows it doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            Don't you think if Finkel was lying about that, Hearn would have corrected him?

Nowhere in any of Hearn's statements has he said Oct/Nov were in the contract. He's just said "of course" the fight is next or "they knew" the fight was next. But he's been very careful to never say that the contract said the fight was next. Because he knows it doesn't.
            I neither know nor care what Finkel says was in the contract.

All I need to know is that the WBA delayed ordering their mando to give Hearn time to negotiate it and when Wilder failed to sign it they ordered that the mando should be finalised immediately

The contract was a for a unification fight between AJ and Wilder to happen next. There is no other possible explanation.
            Last edited by kafkod; 07-02-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

All I need to know is that the WBA delayed ordering their mando to give Hearn time to negotiate it and when Wilder failed to sign it they ordered that the mando should be finalised immediately

The contract was a for a unification fight between AJ and Wilder to happen next. There is no other possible explanation.
              The other possible explanation is that Hearn and possibly Team Wilder were bull*****ting us all. That's the prospective that you have closed off. That's the possibility and conclusion that many others have come to.

Most folks feel Hearn is smart enough to know that without an actual date that the contract needed to include language ensuring such.
              Last edited by Ake-Dawg; 07-02-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                He was claiming to be negotiating for an October/November fight, but when it came time to actually sign the fight, he refused to sign a fight for that time frame.

Hearn has never ever given Wilder the chance to sign for a fight in October/November. When it was time to put pen to paper, Hearn switched it to April.
                Let me get this clear .. are you seriously suggesting that Hearn mislead not only Wilder's team but the media, the fans, and the WBA themselves, by pretending to try and negotiate an immediate unification with Wilder, when really, he was planning all along to switch the date to April 2019 after Wilder signed?

Come on fella ... what kind of hair-brained crap is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  The other possible explanation is that Hearn and possible Team Wilder were bull*****ting us all. That's the prospective that you have closed off. That's the possibility and conclusion that many others have come to.

Most folks feel Hearn is smart enough to know that without an actual date that the contract needed to include language ensuring such.
                  See the comment I just posted. That would have involved Hearn, and possibly Finkel too, lying to the WBA about when AJ vs Wilder was supposed to happen.

I think they were both bullshitting us, and neither side really wanted the fight next, but Hearn wouldn't have tried bullshitting the WBA too, because the shit would have hit the fan as soon as they saw the date on the contract!

Comment

all you have confirmed..... is that the WBA poking their nose into the Wilder negotiation likely fk'd that fight up (by providing Hearn with a back door/excuse)..... just like the WBC fk'd up the Canelo/Golovkin negotiations (by providing Loeffler with a back door/excuse).....

the Golovkin/Canelo fight got made without the "help" of the WBC..... who are still busy kissing Canelo's ass by way of apology to this day.....

the WBA only know what they are told, and they can easily be manipulated, just like everybody else

it sounds like Finkel's concerns were about weasely contractual wording..... no way did the WBA employ a lawyer in an attempt to address those specific concerns..... and nor should they..... it is far more likely that they blindly believed Hearn's story, just like the WBC blindly believed Loeffler's.....

they had a cut-off date, and a pen that was ****ed and loaded..... no way are the WBA in a position to comment on the fairness/validity of a contract that was offered to a fighter who they do not even rank lol..... the Wilder fight had little to do with them..... so they ran with Hearns story, just like the WBC ran with Loeffler's.....

you are slurping up Hearns bullshht hook line and sinker..... Hearn is obviously delaying that fight, like you already admitted.....

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    if Hearn had really wanted the fight next, he would have offered a percentage cut.

Comment

See the comment I just posted. That would have involved Hearn, and possibly Finkel too, lying to the WBA about when AJ vs Wilder was supposed to happen.

I think they were both bullshitting us, and neither side really wanted the fight next, but Hearn wouldn't have tried bullshitting the WBA too, because the shit would have hit the fan as soon as they saw the date on the contract!
                      Which is why the contract didnt have a date on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X