Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn sent the contract to Wilder 3 days late. Now he's ignoring Wilder's emails

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    he definitely did say he'd take less to fight at home - that's a fact.. however, Wilder only offered the 50m so he could fight at home too and get all the advantages.

We haven't heard what Wilder's guarantee was for the 50m offer.

So don't act like both guys haven't stretched to get home town advantage.

Joshua has the advantage that he could fight Povetkin for 25m whilst Wilder's other option is Breazele for 1.5m so Wilder has to bend.
    if you offered 50 mil which was the higher offer you wouldn't want to at least dictate where the fight was? that's common sense, I mean wilder has always stated hed take a lesser percentage to fight in the UK. but hearn at the time said NO so he offered 50mil. both guys would love home field advantage I understand that but I have never seen wilder fighting in the uk as an issue neither has he.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      aj turned down a 50mil guarantee and said he would rather take less to fight at home, its all over the net, hearn said it. bringing up pedvtkin and anything else does not matter at this point, STOP IT. hearn said he got his questions answered by haymon and stated the offer was legit but aj wanted to do it at home so they declined. why cant you guys just accept it?
      Hearn is a liar doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Finkel confirmed the paperwork Matchroom Boxing’s Barry Hearn was received three days later than planned on Monday, and by Tuesday had sent TWO POINTS to be reaffirmed by Joshua's handlers before making the fight official.

Giving an update on Thursday, Finkel explained a roadblock had been hit as a result of a failure to respond on the part of Hearn.

"We looked at the contract on Monday and raised two specific details in the paperwork that we needed clarification of," Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News

I dont get this bit, so they received it on Monday or they received it on Thursday (3 days late)?
        Not having the dates makes this a bit more confusing, but I think that Finkell was saying that they got the actual contract on Monday, even though they were supposed to get the contract on that prior Thursday, after agreeing to the initial handshake terms before that prior Thursday.

Comment

I knew he was going to slip that DAZN crap in there.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            Well what I read from that 'They don't care' tweet is that DAZN don't care about the fight.

If not, then it points to Team Wilder indicating that they don't care whether it goes on DAZN or Showtime. Surely this was clarified/agreed before a contract was sent?

But if it's true that Hearn plans to cut Showtime out and launch DAZN with this fight, then, to quote many Wilder fans' words 'who cares where the money's coming from, the funds are there'. They get a PPV for $20.

Maybe DAZN outbid Showtime.
            So, just so that it's clear, it's all fine and well that Anthony Joshua let a minimum of $50m disappear over loyalty to the UK, yet Deontay Wilder, after already taking less than he and his camp believe he should get, is now supposed to be suspect after seemingly asking if taking less on the deal is also asking him to abandon his own US broadcaster?

Lol

Comment

Wilders not getting his shot, he's played too many games. He can fight breazele in front of some tumbleweed, he's talked his way out of a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                Not sure how you can still claim that when AJ & Hearn have both admitted the offer was real, but that they prefer to take less money to fight at home.
                Why even respond man? That guy is talking about stuff that was resolved almost 2 months ago. If he's still talking about 50ms was a bluff when even the most ardent Joshua fans aren't going there anymore, then its not even worth typing the words on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Hearn is a liar doe.
                  has has lied just like most rich business men its life, grow up

Comment

Posted in another thread that Shelly Finkle, Al Haymon better look at Eddie's Contract carefully because Eddie while he is a good Promoter, he is also a businessman so I expected they would find new stipulations in the contract that wasn't in the original agreement Eddie might try to sneak in a DAZN Deal in his contract

Lets hope they sort things out as soon as possible and the fight becomes official but yeah just like some of you excused AJ for not taking 50 Million and wanted Verification and wanted AJ to look over the offer carefully, extend that same Courtesy to Wilder and his team and don't try to rush them to just sign anything without really reviewing it. It is like a Used Car Salesmen "Lets Close The Deal On This Bad Deal For This Lemon Car Today Because Somebody Else Wants To Buy This Car"

Hearn is a Promoter, being a GOOD LIAR is his job like ALL PROMOTERS! Like I don't know "I Can't Make Danny Jacobs A Bigger Star"

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Hence why the 50M offer from Wilder was a publicity stunt (if anybody has doubts).

On topic it just shows that negotiating a fight of this magnitude isn't easy and we the public never get the full info. The good thing is that the fight is being negotiated still.
                      The $50m against 50% of the event was basically the handshake; if that had been accepted, you're a fool if you earnestly think that that would've been the end of the conversation (Sky getting the UK TV, Showtime getting the US TV, MGM Resorts hosting the event, Televisa getting the rights for Mexico, Canal Space getting Latin America, and a few other terms are basically set by prior commitments; settling on the ticketing broker (StubHub likely gets it, but Ticketmaster will likely make a pitch), the event sponsor (Corona does major business with Haymon, but that would be weighed against what interests Joshua could bring), the European TV contracts, the online PPV platforms, and other more variable points will be talked through.

This was supposed to be the final deal, the talks had already been done, and there are now an apparent two deal points, in the final deal no less, that could mess this up.

Comment

Working...
                      X