Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn sent the contract to Wilder 3 days late. Now he's ignoring Wilder's emails

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Hearn and AJ have already confirmed it was a real offer. If you're not aware of that, there's nothing else to discuss. AJ, Hearn, Espinoza, Wilder and Finkel ALL AGREE that the 50 million offer is real. Nobody is dis*****g that other than you. Please stop wasting my time.
    Everyone universally agrees that the "money in the bag, you have 24 hours to accept but no meeting can be had" offer was a PR stunt.

They came to their senses afterwards.

Comment

Most people don't post. They just lurk. When people post BS, someone should correct it. Since I'm paid to correct it, I do. I know it can be annoying and frustrating, but at least somebody is doing it.

I have nothing against AJ and I have enjoyed following his career from the olympics onward. He's a great champion for the sport. The problem is that his fans hang on every word his promoter says.

Back in the day, people loved Mike Tyson, but they knew Don King was full of ****. For some reason, AJ fans think Hearn is some trusted beacon of truth. It's really bizarre.
      Perhaps its because every fighter that works with Hearn says he's the best promoter they ever had and doesn't rip them off.

What is really bizarre and misplaced is your comparison to Don King. Everyone knows matchroom changed their PPV model after Sky's hiatus .

The fighter owns the finances of the show and they take a 20% cut for promotions.

Literally everyone knows that - except for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I provided proof of the 24 hour deadline. You said Wilder gave a 48 hour deadline to make fun of Hearn - but it was 24 hours.
        Hearn's offer and Wilder's offer had identical deadlines. "By the end of tomorrow." As in, you have today, and you have tomorrow, to think it over. Two days. Wilder's "deadline" was literally copied and pasted word for word from Eddie's deadline, to rub it in his face.

Because Eddie is a master manipulator, when HE issues a "by the end of tomorrow" deadline, he claims that is 48 hours. When he receives a "by the end of tomorrow" deadline, he claims that is 24 hours. A perfect example of how slick Eddie is.

You haven't posted any proof of a 24 hour deadline other than people taking Eddie's word for it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/team-wil...joshua--127056

promoter Eddie Hearn and IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua have sent a "take it or leave it" flat fee offer of $12.5 million to WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder for a unification.

The contract was sent over with a deadline of 48 hours to accept the offer - or Joshua will likely make a mandatory defense against Alexander Povetkin of Russia.

The contract does not indicate where the fight will take place, when it will take place, or even whether it will be Joshua’s next fight.

Yes it did- It was Sky Sports PPV. For a fight in the UK that's the main channel (this was before anyone knew it could even be PPV in the states for a UK fight). No Wilder didn't say when it could take place. They literally said "there's no point in meeting if you don't accept the deal", and "the deal" was a number and nothing else - it was an instagram video and an e-mail by Deontay. There was nothing else.
        Both sides have agreed all along, in every offer, that UK TV would be Sky Sports PPV. But Hearn's offer to Wilder allows Hearn to sell all the other rights to whoever he wants, just as Wilder's offer to Hearn allows Wilder to sell all the other rights to whoever he wants. The Hearn offer Wilder accepted doesn't specify the US broadcaster. Hearn wants the fight on DAZN, Wilder wants it on Showtime, but Wilder caved and accepted an offer that will allow Hearn to choose.

Finkel refused to meet with Hearn because Hearn refused to say whether there was an agreement in principle on the purse. You don't sit down to hammer out smaller details until you have a mutual understanding on the money. This is standard procedure in boxing and Hearn knows that. Every move he makes is to manipulate the public.

Wilder's email specified more details than Hearn's 12 million offer had specified. Wilder's email specified 50 million guaranteed for AJ, 50/50 split over 100 million, what months the fight could take place in, whether there would be a rematch, whether there would be any interim fights, etc. Everything that would be expected to be addressed in a preliminary offer. You have no idea how this business works. Nor should you. You're a fan. Enjoy the fights. But stop allowing Eddie to brainwash you every day. It's ridiculous.

But here you are asking for appropriate terms and discussion times, and extra time to view details - which is all fair but the same courtesy should be extended to AJ, but you've spent a month complaining about him not accepting the instagram video deal.
        I'm not complaining. I'm simply pointing out that AJ got punked. He tried to manipulate his fans into believing Wilder's side was lying about what the fight was worth, and he ended up having his bluff called. Fighting for way less to fight at home is a ***** move. Superfights of this nature are supposed to maximize revenue, not minimize revenue to maximize the chances of winning. Especially when this should be a trilogy anyway. The problem is that AJ is about to become a free agent, so Hearn has to maximize his personal cut of the first fight just in case he loses AJ. That is what is going on here.

Also, it seems like you have a problem with Hearn. In the sense that you care way too much about him.
        I have no problem with him. He's a brilliant promoter. One of the best. I'm a fan of his skills. Pointing out his lies doesn't mean I have a problem with him. He's a professional liar. He's just doing his job like Arum and King before him. My issue isn't with Hearn lying. My issue is with gullible fans believing.

Comment

I mean, this is just incredible hypocrisy at its finest.
          One side is lying to make themselves look better. The other side is telling the truth to make themselves look worse. Very different.

It's going to come out publicly regardless whether Wilder is getting a flat fee or a percentage. Wilder's side wouldn't be saying they caved and took a flat fee if it wasn't true.

You have to look at the motivation for the statement. I'll be the first to apologize if it turns out Finkel is lying about taking a flat fee, but please explain a logical reason for why he would say that if it wasn't true?

Whereas Hearn had every reason to lie by acting like he'd give a percentage even if he wouldn't. Hearn doesn't want the fight. He's needed to do everything possible to pretend he wanted a fight he didn't want.

Finkel wants the fight. He doesn't have to pretend everything.

Comment

Ok wait. hang on.

You're blaming everyone for taking one side as gospel whereas you do exactly the same with Wilder's side
            Don't have to take Finkel's side as the gospel. It'll come out publicly whether it's a flat fee or a percentage.

Hearn had motivation to lie about being willing to give a percentage. Finkel has no motivation to lie about admitting they were unable to get a percentage.

Are you really claiming Wilder is getting a percentage and Finkel is lying to make Wilder look worse? What sense does that make?

Comment

• Anybody with common sense will read the terms before signing a contract. And if you don’t understand them then you hire someone who can explain it to you. It’s just like buying a car or a house.

Comment

Hearn's offer and Wilder's offer had identical deadlines. "By the end of tomorrow." As in, you have today, and you have tomorrow, to think it over. Two days. Wilder's "deadline" was literally copied and pasted word for word from Eddie's deadline, to rub it in his face.

Because Eddie is a master manipulator, when HE issues a "by the end of tomorrow" deadline, he claims that is 48 hours. When he receives a "by the end of tomorrow" deadline, he claims that is 24 hours. A perfect example of how slick Eddie is.

You haven't posted any proof of a 24 hour deadline other than people taking Eddie's word for it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/team-wil...joshua--127056

promoter Eddie Hearn and IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua have sent a "take it or leave it" flat fee offer of $12.5 million to WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder for a unification.

The contract was sent over with a deadline of 48 hours to accept the offer - or Joshua will likely make a mandatory defense against Alexander Povetkin of Russia.

The contract does not indicate where the fight will take place, when it will take place, or even whether it will be Joshua’s next fight.

Both sides have agreed all along, in every offer, that UK TV would be Sky Sports PPV. But Hearn's offer to Wilder allows Hearn to sell all the other rights to whoever he wants, just as Wilder's offer to Hearn allows Wilder to sell all the other rights to whoever he wants. The Hearn offer Wilder accepted doesn't specify the US broadcaster. Hearn wants the fight on DAZN, Wilder wants it on Showtime, but Wilder caved and accepted an offer that will allow Hearn to choose.

Finkel refused to meet with Hearn because Hearn refused to say whether there was an agreement in principle on the purse. You don't sit down to hammer out smaller details until you have a mutual understanding on the money. This is standard procedure in boxing and Hearn knows that. Every move he makes is to manipulate the public.

Wilder's email specified more details than Hearn's 12 million offer had specified. Wilder's email specified 50 million guaranteed for AJ, 50/50 split over 100 million, what months the fight could take place in, whether there would be a rematch, whether there would be any interim fights, etc. Everything that would be expected to be addressed in a preliminary offer. You have no idea how this business works. Nor should you. You're a fan. Enjoy the fights. But stop allowing Eddie to brainwash you every day. It's ridiculous.

I'm not complaining. I'm simply pointing out that AJ got punked. He tried to manipulate his fans into believing Wilder's side was lying about what the fight was worth, and he ended up having his bluff called. Fighting for way less to fight at home is a ***** move. Superfights of this nature are supposed to maximize revenue, not minimize revenue to maximize the chances of winning. Especially when this should be a trilogy anyway. The problem is that AJ is about to become a free agent, so Hearn has to maximize his personal cut of the first fight just in case he loses AJ. That is what is going on here.

I have no problem with him. He's a brilliant promoter. One of the best. I'm a fan of his skills. Pointing out his lies doesn't mean I have a problem with him. He's a professional liar. He's just doing his job like Arum and King before him. My issue isn't with Hearn lying. My issue is with gullible fans believing.
                Wait.. so you're literally in one sentence saying I don't have any proof because Eddie says it. Then you post 'proof' with zero quotes but a "take-it-or-leave-it" quote which is not the same, but makes it valid because it's quoted by Wilder's team?

Are you able to see your own hypocrisy?

Yes I understand the principal of owning the show and selling rights to whoever. And I don't blame anyone for criticizing Hearn for the DAZN thing.

But you're saying Wilder's deal specified more. You don't know what it said and what it didn't say and don't pretend you do. You don't.

You're saying other fans are gullible for believing Hearn, but you literally do exactly the same with Finkel/Wilder.

AJ obviously didn't believe the fight was PPV in america and neither did many other people at the time. Not many on this forum believed it either. And when hardcore boxing fans don't, there's something to it. Since then, the whole thing has blown up.

Well you say it's a ***** move, but it's his money and his worries. AJ is a multi millionaire already, he can do as he wants to. there's nothing *****y about that, and you saying so just makes you look a little childish.

You say you're a fan of Hearn, but just up there you said he was ripping fighters off like Don King

Comment

Don't have to take Finkel's side as the gospel. It'll come out publicly whether it's a flat fee or a percentage.

Hearn had motivation to lie about being willing to give a percentage. Finkel has no motivation to lie about admitting they were unable to get a percentage.

Are you really claiming Wilder is getting a percentage and Finkel is lying to make Wilder look worse? What sense does that make?
                  Right but that's what you do. You're providing one side of the story as completely false and the other as fact.

And that's exactly what you're claiming 'gullible' fans do who believe everything.

I'm not claiming anything, I'm dis*****g your rationale. You blindly believe one side of the story and blindly disbelief the other.

In literally every single scenario. and then calling the other side gullible.

That's hypocrisy.

Comment

Also incorrect. They said 26-32%.
                    I speak privately on a regular basis to Wilder's promoter. If he told me 31%, you can't say my information is incorrect and then claim the real percentage is 26-32. Last I checked, 31 is in between 26 and 32. You're getting more and more ridiculous.

Wilder and his team never said 100million, fans and Schaeffer said that.
                    Wrong. Again, you go only by public statements. Wilder's team says very little publicly. Showtime's position all along was that it's a 100 million fight. They're the one putting up the guarantee for a PPV. If it was only Schaefer saying 100 million, AJ wouldn't have been saying give me 50 and I'll sign tomorrow. It was Hearn's private dealings with Haymon, Espinoza, etc where it was made clear their estimates for a US fight were 100. Hearn claimed to have his doubts and whether those doubts were legitimate or not, he convinced AJ the numbers weren't real so that he could get AJ to fight for far less in the UK. Never in a million years did AJ think they'd actually give him the 50. Hearn has had to back peddle with AJ ever since.

Wilder thinks the fight could do 70mil at a stretch and hence take home 20 himself, not 50.
                    Wilder has no idea what the fight would actually do. He listens to Finkel and Haymon. Who have a fiduciary duty to protect him.

Comment

Perhaps its because every fighter that works with Hearn says he's the best promoter they ever had and doesn't rip them off.
                      Even if that's true, it's still a horrible reason to believe Hearn.

Because if he was the best promoter, that would inherently mean he's the best liar.

And just because he pays his fighters the most, just as Don King paid his fighters the most, it doesn't mean it isn't a critical part of his business to lie to the public and manipulate public perception. That is an essential part of being a promoter.

So let's say Eddie is the best promoter who ever lived. It would just mean he's the greatest liar who ever lived. That is a promoter's #1 job.

Comment

Working...
                      X