No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldub View Post
    Actually they do which is why many record holders for consecutive defenses started with their reg or interim and led to them beating the main champ and every single one counted.....like I said do some research
    No one, in the history of this sport, has had their interim title counted toward legit title defenses. GGG is the first person I’ve ever seen in which his fans have started trying to use a fake, nothing interim title to make it seem like he has more defenses than he does.

Interim titles are not legit titles. There is the champion and the interim holder...ie the top contender. He isn’t the champion though.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldub View Post
      So 8 or 6? Just answer the question since I can't make you look inconsistent. Call PAC a 6 division champ if you wanna say GGG only has 10 defenses
      What does this even mean? PAC has never held an interim title, while someone else was the actual champion, that people count toward his divisional titles.

It’s simple. There was an actual champion that had won the full title above GGG and his ‘interim’ title. Holding the interim title literally means you are not the champion. That’s its only point...it says ‘you are not the real champion but you are next in line and might be one day’.

Comment

500 hundred Bux

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          As secure and legit Hopkins and Mayweather’s legacy at the very least.
          imho, 3g's resume would get him killed if it was similar to hops/mays.

Comment

Golovkin's legacy;

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              No one, in the history of this sport, has had their interim title counted toward legit title defenses. GGG is the first person I’ve ever seen in which his fans have started trying to use a fake, nothing interim title to make it seem like he has more defenses than he does.

Interim titles are not legit titles. There is the champion and the interim holder...ie the top contender. He isn’t the champion though.
              It's not an interim title.
              WBA SUPER CHAMPIONSHIPS

DEFINITION

The SUPER WORLD CHAMPION CATEGORY OR UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPION was created for those World Champions who hold the title of two or more organizations recognized by the WBA, like the World Boxing Council (WBC), the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and the World Boxing Organization (WBO).

The creation of the category of SUPER WORLD CHAMPIONS or UNDISPUTED WORLD CHAMPIONS was born from a suggestion sent to us by Lennox Lewis, World Boxing Association former Heavyweight Champion, which we have considered convenient in order to give the Unified Champions a more flexible time to defend their titles as well as the challengers the chance to fight for the title.

PROPOSED REGULATION

We are still working to set the regulation that shall rule the SUPER WORLD CHAMPIONS, and we have considered it convenient to establish the following:

The SUPER CHAMPIONS will be obliged to make the mandatory defense of their titles in a period no longer than 18 months against the boxer recognized as the World Boxing Association Champion of the corresponding division.

In the intermediate period between the mandatory defenses, the UNDISPUTED SUPER CHAMPION will be able to defend his title against any recognized opponent chosen from the official ratings list of the WBA or from the organizations it recognizes and with the approval of those organizations.

The WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO will coordinate whenever necessary their respective ratings, to minimize any incompatibility in them for the Unified Titles, thus easing the optional fights of the UNIFIED SUPER CHAMPIONS.
              http://www.wbaboxing.com/wba-super-c...-championships

And
              The World Boxing Association (WBA) is the oldest among the four sanctioning organizations that recognize professional boxing world champions and sanction world championship boxing bouts. The WBA, along with the WBO (World Boxing Organization), WBC (World Boxing Council) and IBF (International Boxing Federation) are recognized by the IBHOF (International Boxing Hall Of Fame) as major world championship groups.
              When the title-holder has defended his title successfully five times, the WBA promotes him to a "Super" champion.
              https://www.sportskeeda.com/pro-boxing/wba

Comment

If he knocks out Canelo, I'll give him a 9, but 8 otherwise. He has gotten into a boring division, conquered and reignited it.
                Last edited by animelive; 06-18-2018, 03:42 AM.

Comment

what exactly is 3g known for ???

(i can sense someone answering this with a question..........)

Comment

I have Gennady at a 6.5

A definitive win over Ca$hnelo gets him to a 7-7.5. Beating BJS, Jermall, or Danny in a clear rematch solidify him at 7.5 and can make the case for an 8.0.

You cant fight 40 times and only fight 5 champion fighters in an era with 4+ champions per weight class.

That's one quality "champ" every 8 fights...

Oh and one of those 5 champs is a WELTERWEIGHT.

And he ducked the chance to stack on more by not fighting Dervenchenko/Andrade...and instead added to his impressive collection of part-time cab drivers :/

For comparison I have Manny at a 9.5 and Floyd at a 9.0

I have AW at an 8-8.5

Sergio Martinez at a 7.5

Mosley at a 7.0-7.5

RJJ at a 8.5 (was a 9.0-9.5 but you cant ignore a decade of horrible performances and pretend they didnt happen)

BHop at a 9.0-9.5

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      what exactly is 3g known for ???

(i can sense someone answering this with a question..........)
                      Being a KO monster, a dominant MW and always trying to make the best fights. He has made 3 superstar fights in the span of 2 years recently. You cannot name many who has done that. Boxing fans are just too spoiled. They forget how dead the division was a few years ago. His feats are not going unnoticed so you should not worry.

Comment

Working...
                      X