Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Spence get a pass for fighting Ocampo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    C- troll thread.
    I gotta go with D- trolling here

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
      I gotta go with D- trolling here
      I can't disagree with your take, but personally I gave him points for saying how "disgusted" he was at the end. That made me legit chuckle I gotta admit. Sometimes your choice of words can bump you up a grade with me.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
        Are you kidding me? The dude is a 45-1 underdog. This is the type of fighter he should be fighting as his first fight as a pro.

And don't give me the "everyone is scared" BS

You telling me he couldn't get a Victor Ortiz, Berto, Alexander or the other Peterson brother? Hell even Joshua Clottey or at least a name who used to be good with an actual chance to make Spence look bad.

This is unacceptable. And I'm disgusted
        You've been a member of BS for 13 years and still don't understand what a mandatory is?

Comment

He's mandatory.

However, that didn't stop 90% of this forum from moaning about Kell Brook fighting Jo Jo Dan and that other fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Because he is a mandatory and Spence has to. Stop crying.
            Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            Blame the IBF, not Spence. There's no way a guy like Ocampo should be getting a shot without winning a good eliminator first
            Originally posted by Oldub View Post
            Fulfilling a mandatory, gets him away from mandatory status for another year which I hope will lead him to pursuing bigger names and unification. Gotta keep in mind, Dsg and Porter weren't available and neither is Thurman, with those names out might as well get the mandatory out of the way. Ortiz, Alexander or Berto would also be that big of underdogs and it wouldn't help fulfill Spence's mandatory. The other guys you named arent any more relevant than ocampo. Just my take
            Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            Are you fools ******ed on this site? It's his mandatory fight. He was either to fight Ocampo or get stripped of his title. That title seems to be his only bargaining chip or way to even get anyone else in the ring. Fighting and beating his mandatory will give him another year before he has to fight another one and will open him up to face the other title holders in the division. That is if they'll even step up to fight him
            Mandatory?

Old ass Manny Paquiao was getting ****ted on for fighting Jeff Horn his mandatory for the WBO, why does Spence get exemption?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Mandatory?

Old ass Manny Paquiao was getting ****ted on for fighting Jeff Horn his mandatory for the WBO, why does Spence get exemption?
              Did I crap on Manny for fighting his mandatory? Alright then

Comment

Mandatory?

yeah a lot of posters have a double standard when it comes to mandatories. im sure if you look at the ggg/wade thread i bumped you could probably catch a couple of these guys out in there. a lot of posters werent so forgiving about that mandatory.

Comment

Suddenly people care about belts and mandatory defenses, this site is all about melanin from all sides.

Comment

Mandatory?

They gave old, past prime Manny hell for fighting Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                      Are you kidding me? The dude is a 45-1 underdog. This is the type of fighter he should be fighting as his first fight as a pro.

And don't give me the "everyone is scared" BS

You telling me he couldn't get a Victor Ortiz, Berto, Alexander or the other Peterson brother? Hell even Joshua Clottey or at least a name who used to be good with an actual chance to make Spence look bad.

This is unacceptable. And I'm disgusted
                      Its called a mandatory you mongoloid.

Comment

Working...
                      X