Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford To Return in October, on ESPN, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford- Benavidez would be a good fight.

Matthysse gets the winner

Comment

The WBO's May rankings. I'm sure Benavidez will make the June rankings with his 1st round KO of Rojas, as Uncle Bob planned.

1 Terence Crawford (Sup. Champion) USA
      2 Manny Pacquiao (Sup. Champion) PHI
      3 Egidijus Kavaliauskas LIT
      4 Danny Garcia USA
      5 Giovanni Santillan (NABO) USA
      6 Shawn Porter USA
      7 Custio Clayton (International) CAN
      8 Roberto Arriaza (Int-Cont.) NIC
      9 Stephen Danyo (WBO Europe) NER
      10 Luis Alberto Veron (Latino) ARG
      11 Mikka Shonena (WBO Africa) NAM
      12 Kerman Lejarraga SPN
      13 Thomas LaManna USA
      14 Alvin Lugumbay (Asia Pacific) PHI
      15 Karen Chukhadzhyan UKR
      ** **Youli Doug (Asia Pacific Youth) CHN
      ** **Diego Ramirez (Latino Int.) ARG

Given the rankings, it's looking like slim pickins. It's either Benavidez, Kavaliauskas, or the winner of Pac vs. Matthysse. I'm still crossing my fingers that Matthsse beats Pac and we get a unification match in October.

Comment

Please Come To Omaha! It's An Awesome Environment!

Comment

"the numbers were alot better, way, way, way better than expected" but we cant release the numbers...what BS!!!! the dude is BORING to watch and if those numbers were that good it was from Horns fans in Australia tuning in, take them away and you dont have squat in numbers..

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Errol Spence Jr is fighting in front of 15000 this weekend. Porter's style is ****, but if Danny Garcia gets through that fight, Spence vs Garcia is the type of fight that may draw interest from the Jones family to stage at JerryLand (if not sell out Barclays Center) and bring in CBS. And you'd still have the Thurman fight to be a three-belt champion (in a fight that may merit PPV)

Why the heck would Spence have to go to ESPN?
            We'll have to see how many people tune in this weekend! Will that fight do better than Crawford vs. Horn? Then fighting the winner of Porter vs. Garcia must do better than Crawford vs. Benavidez! It's seems that would be easy, but ESPN is in more households than Showtime, so it's not that simple! I agree, Spence Jr. vs. Garcia/Porter should be on CBS! As for Thurman...is he still relevant???

Comment

Good get Bud back in the ring asap.
              A fight with Benavidez would be a good first defence of his new belt.
              Maybe after that the winner out of Manny/Matthyse then hopefully the pbc boys have sorted their side of the street and we get the Spence/Crawford fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                We'll have to see how many people tune in this weekend! Will that fight do better than Crawford vs. Horn? Then fighting the winner of Porter vs. Garcia must do better than Crawford vs. Benavidez! It's seems that would be easy, but ESPN is in more households than Showtime, so it's not that simple! I agree, Spence Jr. vs. Garcia/Porter should be on CBS! As for Thurman...is he still relevant???
                Yes, Keith Thurman is still relevant. Fought Shawn Porter on CBS, and fought Danny Garcia on CBS too. His personality is a bit weird, but he's king of the hill right now, and stays there until someone knocks him off.

Keith Thurman is supposedly coming back against Josesito Lopez in August, and will then likely have one more fight before fighting to unify the WBC/WBA/IBF 147lb belts (I think Spence smokes Shawn Porter and beats Danny Garcia).

ESPN is definitely in more homes, but it's about the money being put behind the fight; Thurman and Garcia split a disclosed $4m for their fight

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Yes, Keith Thurman is still relevant. Fought Shawn Porter on CBS, and fought Danny Garcia on CBS too. His personality is a bit weird, but he's king of the hill right now, and stays there until someone knocks him off.

Keith Thurman is supposedly coming back against Josesito Lopez in August, and will then likely have one more fight before fighting to unify the WBC/WBA/IBF 147lb belts (I think Spence smokes Shawn Porter and beats Danny Garcia).

ESPN is definitely in more homes, but it's about the money being put behind the fight; Thurman and Garcia split a disclosed $4m for their fight
                  Well I hope Thurman does fight in August, but until then, he's irrelevant! I can't see the WBA letting Thurman keep a title and letting him have 2 tune-ups, but crazier things have happened, especially with the WBA (Super, Regular) Champions! My hope is for Thurman vs. Crawford, Spence vs. Garcia/Porter winner, and winners face each other!

Comment

I am glad Bud's next fight will be on regular ESPN, instead of Plus. I got to watch the fight using the free trial of the app, but I just don't see wanting to pay $5 a month for content. I understand the reason, but I would rather see these guys on terrestrial television, not a streaming service.

Comment

I have to give it up for Arum, he keeps his top stars active AF.

Comment

Working...
                      X