No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford To Return in October, on ESPN, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Keith Thurman has no reason to go to ESPN, especially with the money he's already making, and Bob Arum isn't letting Crawford anywhere near Showtime for anything.
    thurman should go to Espn can start making that Crawford type of paper.

Thurman is more likely going to DAZN doe.
    Last edited by killakali; 06-15-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      I disagree, for the simple fact that Bob Arum runs a closed shop, while Haymon largely doesn't.

Giving Errol Spence Jr or Keith Thurman or Danny Garcia the chance to be a three-belt champion is worth more to the division than Bob Arum hiding another champion and only letting that champion fight anyone if they're contract with Arum
      see this is a lie. Indongo, Felix Diaz, john molina, Yuriorkis gamboa, dulorme etc etc didn’t have Top rank contracts. Linares, Rigo, Rocky Martinez, etc didn’t have Top Rank contracts when they fought Loma. Besides Jessie Hart all of Zurdo’s fights since Before winning belt vs Abraham were against other promoters fighters. When Valdez fought Servania, Quigg, Ozawa, Rueda they were different promoters.

The biggest myth in boxing is top rank only doesnin house fights. Haymon and PBC are the king of in house fights. Most showtime sheows 3 of 4 or 5 of 6 of the televised fights are Haymon fighters. Look at last week. Santa Cruz vs shares and Charlo vs Trout. All PBC. How about the April show. Hurd vs Lra, Williams vs gallimore and Truax vs Degale and Angulo vs Mora. 8 fighters 7 are PBC.

Wilder vs Ortiz card: Wilder vs Ortiz, Uzcategui Dirrell. 4 fighters and 3 are pbc.

If all u wanna do is fight pbc fighter’s then go to pbc. If u want to work with all promoters go with Hearn, golden boy or top rank. That simple.

Pbc doesn’t have enough dates for all their guys so they almost have to keep it in house. They won’t let other fighters on their showtime except for rare instances because their fighters are so inactive they need to keep the slots for them.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        exactly. Haymon wants no parts of TR fighters on Showtime while TR opens there doors to all promoters.

With a purse bid looming Haymon May be forced to allow Gvozdyk on showtime though
        Sorry, but you have it all fu*ked up! Haymon would not have a problem working with Arum, but Arum does not want his fighters fighting on Showtime!

"If [Garcia] wants to fight, let him call me and I'll give him a number. If he doesn't like the number - f*** it - I ain't negotiating! It's because of the way he negotiates. If he's loyal to Showtime and they've been good to him, let him be loyal to Showtime - just don't bother me." - Bob Arum

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-if-...chenko--128171

He's cool with Linares coming to ESPN, but Loma can't go to HBO or Showtime! That's how he works!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Sorry, but you have it all fu*ked up! Haymon would not have a problem working with Arum, but Arum does not want his fighters fighting on Showtime!

"If [Garcia] wants to fight, let him call me and I'll give him a number. If he doesn't like the number - f*** it - I ain't negotiating! It's because of the way he negotiates. If he's loyal to Showtime and they've been good to him, let him be loyal to Showtime - just don't bother me." - Bob Arum

He's cool with Linares coming to ESPN, but Loma can't go to HBO or Showtime! That's how he works!
          see I had it right and u had it wrong. The only time Haymon let’s gus come to hbo is a Mandatory fight like Russell vs Diaz.

Besides that Haymon doesn’t want golden boy or top rank or min events in showtime. The reason is simple. Haymon has so many guys and not enough dates. Haymon wants to mke as many in house fights as he can to try to keep his guys happy. There are so many guys over there unhappy with inactivity due to lack of dates he has the stay in house.

Comment

see I had it right and u had it wrong. The only time Haymon let’s gus come to hbo is a Mandatory fight like Russell vs Diaz.

Besides that Haymon doesn’t want golden boy or top rank or min events in showtime. The reason is simple. Haymon has so many guys and not enough dates. Haymon wants to mke as many in house fights as he can to try to keep his guys happy. There are so many guys over there unhappy with inactivity due to lack of dates he has the stay in house.
            January 21, 2018:

NEW YORK – Lou DiBella doesn’t dispute Terence Crawford’s greatness.

Crawford’s last two wins were a knockout of Julius Indongo, who’s now promoted by DiBella, and a technical knockout of Felix Diaz, who’s also promoted by DiBella. If Crawford fights Errol Spence Jr. at some point, DiBella envisions an extremely competitive contest either fighter could win...

“By the way,” DiBella said, “you think Bob Arum is sitting in Las Vegas right now, saying to himself, ‘Oh damn! I’d really like to put Crawford in with Errol Spence. Man, that’s really what I’d like to do right now. ESPN, get ready, because I’m gonna spend my own money to get my guy beat.’ I doubt it...”

Crawford’s fights air on ESPN, whereas Spence’s recent fights have been broadcast by Showtime. Spence technically works without a promoter, but is advised by Al Haymon and is part of Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions organization.

DiBella doesn’t necessarily think that’ll prevent the fight from ever getting made. He just figures a Spence-Keith Thurman welterweight title unification fight will occur first because both boxers are represented by Haymon.

“Anything is realistic that can make enough money,” said DiBella, who has promoted three of Spence’s past four fights. “Now that being said, I don’t expect that you’re gonna see [Spence-Crawford soon]. I think you’ll see a Keith Thurman-Errol Spence fight before you’ll see either one of them fight Crawford because it’s simply easier to make. And Arum’s out there with ESPN, doing his thing, and no one’s sitting here hating on him. He’s entitled to do his thing. “And he’s out there and he’s investing his own money in it. But it’s also probably no surprise that if he’s investing his own money, he would probably wanna use his own guys. So I don’t think [for] that fight, anyone’s starting negotiations for one of those fights soon. I think you’re far more likely down the line to see guys that are more accessible to be fighting Errol.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-...ce-now--124508

Comment

January 21, 2018:

NEW YORK – Lou DiBella doesn’t dispute Terence Crawford’s greatness.

Crawford’s last two wins were a knockout of Julius Indongo, who’s now promoted by DiBella, and a technical knockout of Felix Diaz, who’s also promoted by DiBella. If Crawford fights Errol Spence Jr. at some point, DiBella envisions an extremely competitive contest either fighter could win...

“By the way,” DiBella said, “you think Bob Arum is sitting in Las Vegas right now, saying to himself, ‘Oh damn! I’d really like to put Crawford in with Errol Spence. Man, that’s really what I’d like to do right now. ESPN, get ready, because I’m gonna spend my own money to get my guy beat.’ I doubt it...”

Crawford’s fights air on ESPN, whereas Spence’s recent fights have been broadcast by Showtime. Spence technically works without a promoter, but is advised by Al Haymon and is part of Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions organization.

DiBella doesn’t necessarily think that’ll prevent the fight from ever getting made. He just figures a Spence-Keith Thurman welterweight title unification fight will occur first because both boxers are represented by Haymon.

“Anything is realistic that can make enough money,” said DiBella, who has promoted three of Spence’s past four fights. “Now that being said, I don’t expect that you’re gonna see [Spence-Crawford soon]. I think you’ll see a Keith Thurman-Errol Spence fight before you’ll see either one of them fight Crawford because it’s simply easier to make. And Arum’s out there with ESPN, doing his thing, and no one’s sitting here hating on him. He’s entitled to do his thing. “And he’s out there and he’s investing his own money in it. But it’s also probably no surprise that if he’s investing his own money, he would probably wanna use his own guys. So I don’t think [for] that fight, anyone’s starting negotiations for one of those fights soon. I think you’re far more likely down the line to see guys that are more accessible to be fighting Errol.

https://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-...ce-now--124508
              Actually you should use this article: https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum...owtime--123187

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has made it no secret that he's no fan of the current leadership at HBO Sports, but he's more than willing to have a working relationship with Showtime and their parent company, CBS.

Earlier this year, Arum's company parted ways with HBO and signed an exclusive multi-year agreement with ESPN.

However, there are big fights to be made with fighters who may be contracted elsewhere.

bob-arum_2

For example, one of Arum's star fighters, Terence Crawford, is heading up to the welterweight division - but the bulk of the welterweight talent, and the welterweight champions, are tied to Showtime.

Arum has no problem with working out a talent trade relationship with Showtime Sports head Stephen Espinoza - an arrangement where the two sides would make talent available to each other for necessary fights.

The veteran promoters realizes that it's not realistic to believe that every significant fight involving one his boxers will end up on ESPN.

Maybe Crawford fights a Showtime fighter like Keith Thurman on ESPN, but an ESPN fighter like Manny Pacquiao would fight Danny Garcia on Showtime.

That's the kind of relationship Arum is aiming for - a scenario that benefits both sides.

"Lets not look at promoters particularly, lets look at networks. Over at Showtime, Espinoza is a very smart guy. And his boss is a very big fight fan, a good friend of mine, Les Moonves, and Moonves will make these fights happen. They can't all be on ESPN nor can they all be on Showtime - so there is something called trade," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

"The big boys, whether it's CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN - they have no problem with college football... arranging who gets which game and so forth. I think it will be the same and it should be the same with Showtime, CBS and Top Rank - that if they need a Top Rank fighter to fight on Showtime, we'll make them available. And if there is a fighter who traditionally fights on Showtime or CBS, they will make him available to ESPN.

"I think that we'll work very, very well with [Showtime, CBS] - at least that's my hope."

Comment

you should have read this article: Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has made it no secret that he's no fan of the current leadership at HBO Sports, but he's more than willing to have a working relationship with Showtime and their parent company, CBS.

Earlier this year, Arum's company parted ways with HBO and signed an exclusive multi-year agreement with ESPN.

However, there are big fights to be made with fighters who may be contracted elsewhere.

bob-arum_2

For example, one of Arum's star fighters, Terence Crawford, is heading up to the welterweight division - but the bulk of the welterweight talent, and the welterweight champions, are tied to Showtime.

Arum has no problem with working out a talent trade relationship with Showtime Sports head Stephen Espinoza - an arrangement where the two sides would make talent available to each other for necessary fights.

The veteran promoters realizes that it's not realistic to believe that every significant fight involving one his boxers will end up on ESPN.

Maybe Crawford fights a Showtime fighter like Keith Thurman on ESPN, but an ESPN fighter like Manny Pacquiao would fight Danny Garcia on Showtime.

That's the kind of relationship Arum is aiming for - a scenario that benefits both sides.

"Lets not look at promoters particularly, lets look at networks. Over at Showtime, Espinoza is a very smart guy. And his boss is a very big fight fan, a good friend of mine, Les Moonves, and Moonves will make these fights happen. They can't all be on ESPN nor can they all be on Showtime - so there is something called trade," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

"The big boys, whether it's CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN - they have no problem with college football... arranging who gets which game and so forth. I think it will be the same and it should be the same with Showtime, CBS and Top Rank - that if they need a Top Rank fighter to fight on Showtime, we'll make them available. And if there is a fighter who traditionally fights on Showtime or CBS, they will make him available to ESPN.

"I think that we'll work very, very well with [Showtime, CBS] - at least that's my hope."

Comment

Actually you should use this article: https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum...owtime--123187

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has made it no secret that he's no fan of the current leadership at HBO Sports, but he's more than willing to have a working relationship with Showtime and their parent company, CBS.

bob-arum_2

I love the idea, but like I showed you, DiBella provided Indongo and Diaz, and Crawford also fought Molina Jr. on HBO, so that's 3 of Crawford's last 4 opponents! I would say it's Arum's turn to "trade" some talent to Showtime!

Comment

I love the idea, but like I showed you, DiBella provided Indongo and Diaz, and Crawford also fought Molina Jr. on HBO, so that's 3 of Crawford's last 4 opponents! I would say it's Arum's turn to "trade" some talent to Showtime!
                    he trying to get Gvozdyk on Showtime but Haymon so far hasn’t done it. Haymon doesn’t have enough dates for his own guys. He doesn’t want to use top rank guys unless it’s absolutely necessary. How many offers has he made for Terence Crawford vasyl lomachenko Jose Ramirez Oscar Valdez etc? Zero

Comment

Indongo signed with Dibella after losing to Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                      X