No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford To Return in October, on ESPN, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    he trying to get Gvozdyk on Showtime but Haymon so far hasn’t done it. Haymon doesn’t have enough dates for his own guys. He doesn’t want to use top rank guys unless it’s absolutely necessary. How many offers has he made for Terence Crawford vasyl lomachenko Jose Ramirez Oscar Valdez etc? Zero
    Jose Ramirez just walked away from Prograis! TC's been given Diaz and Molina Jr. I think Haymon has done more than enough! Time for TC to come to SHO.
    Last edited by Bronx2245; 06-17-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Indongo signed with Dibella after losing to Crawford.
      Thanks. You're correct! Just looked it up!

Comment

he'll fight another no-hoper

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Jose Ramirez just walked away from Prograis! TC's been given Diaz and Molina Jr. I think Haymon has done more than enough! Time for TC to come to SHO.
          ProgrIs has nothing to do with Haymon. Nice though. Prograis has the same manager as Alex Saucedo.

The bottom line is Haymon doesn’t ever attempt to make fights vs Top Rank Guys. At least arum tried on occasion

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            ProgrIs has nothing to do with Haymon. Nice though. Prograis has the same manager as Alex Saucedo.

The bottom line is Haymon doesn’t ever attempt to make fights vs Top Rank Guys. At least arum tried on occasion
            Prograis is promoted by Lou Dibella! He built his career fighting on PBC/SHO cards! Ramirez just swerved him recently!

May 30, 2018:

The left-handed knockout artist quickly realized, though, that Ramirez’s handlers had no interest in matching their emerging fan favorite against him in what would’ve been a dangerous fight for the newly crowned champion. Once Bob Arum, Ramirez’s promoter, asked Prograis to fight on Ramirez’s undercard to help build toward their title fight, Prograis knew it was time to pursue other options...

Prograis’ promoter, Lou DiBella, also was able to secure the hometown fight the New Orleans native wanted before the WBSS begins. The strong southpaw will fight for the WBC’s diamond championship against Argentina’s Juan Jose Velasco (20-0, 12 KOs) on July 14 at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans...

“Eventually, he’ll have to fight me,” Prograis told BoxingScene.com. “The thing is, when the fans demand something and the fans wanna see it, obviously it’ll bring more attention and more money. I think he would fight me. I don’t think he’s scared to fight, but as far as the business side of things go, I just think his manager and Bob Arum, they wouldn’t wanna take that fight because I’m too dangerous."

https://www.boxingscene.com/prograis...mebody--128617

Comment

Looks like it will be 2019 until we see any of the PBC fighters in the ring with Crawford. Half way into 2018 and there hasn't been much to get excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Prograis is promoted by Lou Dibella! He built his career fighting on PBC/SHO cards! Ramirez just swerved him recently!

May 30, 2018:

The left-handed knockout artist quickly realized, though, that Ramirez’s handlers had no interest in matching their emerging fan favorite against him in what would’ve been a dangerous fight for the newly crowned champion. Once Bob Arum, Ramirez’s promoter, asked Prograis to fight on Ramirez’s undercard to help build toward their title fight, Prograis knew it was time to pursue other options...

Prograis’ promoter, Lou DiBella, also was able to secure the hometown fight the New Orleans native wanted before the WBSS begins. The strong southpaw will fight for the WBC’s diamond championship against Argentina’s Juan Jose Velasco (20-0, 12 KOs) on July 14 at Lakefront Arena in New Orleans...

“Eventually, he’ll have to fight me,” Prograis told BoxingScene.com. “The thing is, when the fans demand something and the fans wanna see it, obviously it’ll bring more attention and more money. I think he would fight me. I don’t think he’s scared to fight, but as far as the business side of things go, I just think his manager and Bob Arum, they wouldn’t wanna take that fight because I’m too dangerous."

https://www.boxingscene.com/prograis...mebody--128617
                We know who Prograis is promoted by. We also know that he isn't affiliated at all with Al Haymon.

Here is Prograis management team (which is the same as Alex Saucedo) from the ******: The 29-year-old, nicknamed Rougarou, recently signed on with Churchill Management, led by Hollywood heavyweights Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg, to guide his career, but Prograis isn’t interested in movies, at least not yet.

The Lou DiBella-promoted fighter wants to prove he’s ready for the likes of Mikey Garcia, who is chasing a title at 140 pounds on Saturday. And certainly to this point, Prograis appears to be the goods. His upper-body movement is excellent, and so, too, is his power.

“We are excited about the savagery that Regis wants to bring to every fight,” Churchill Management VP of Operations Sam Katkovski told THE RING. “He is a throwback fighter that you don’t see around anymore. With tonight’s victory he can put himself in a position for bigger fights and opportunities. We look forward to not only watching him fight but also telling his unique story to the whole world.”

Dibella got Prograis on Shobox because DiBella puts his own fighters on Shobox that aren't affiliated with Haymon. He also got him a couple off tv slots on PBC cards because he was the sham promoter that Haymon used for his card.

He isn't a PBC fighter. But by saying he is one is proving my point even more. Who is promoting his next fight? Yup Top Rank is. He is on ESPN main event on July 14th on a Top Rank card.

Top Rank didn't swerve the fight. They are going to continue to build Ramirez as the big draw he is then fight Prograis after Prograis wins the WBSS. At that point both fighters will make a lot more money for the fight.

The problem with your argument is simple. When Arum wanted to use PBC fighters he reached out to Haymon. He made Crawford-Molina. Molina nor Haymon were looking for that fight or offered to put it on Showtime. DiBella and Diaz were calling out Crawford because Haymon couldn't deliver any big fights for Diaz besides when he got robbed vs Peterson. So Arum called DiBella and made the fight. Arum also called Haymon about Pacquiao-Broner and Pacquiao-Danny Garcia but Haymon and those fighters didn't agree to a deal. PBC NEVER calls Top Rank or GBP, etc asking for their fighters to fight on a Showtime card.

Arum makes the efforts to make the fights on ESPN and prior on HBO but it is a one way street. PBC never makes the offers for other fighters and I told you why. There are so many PBC fighters already upset by lack of activity that they don't want to use the slots for other fighters unless is a mandatory situation like Russell-Diaz.

Comment

Working...
                X