Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Crawford is Bad Fight For Pacquiao, I'd Say 'Don't Do It'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    I think it's unfair to suggest a guy should be promoted less due to not being fluent in English first off.

I do agree Loma is being promoted better but I also think a lot of that is down to Lomachenko's management. Egis Klimas is working tirelessly to get him out there. Top Rank haven't even done a kick off press conference for either guy lately which is crazy to me. I said this the other day. Klimas is doing more to promote Loma than TR are. TR are getting the good fights and saying the right things (about both guys to be fair).

I like both fighters equally perhaps ever so slightly I like Bud just a tad more but whatever. I think he does have a more vibrant personality and eye catching/unique style so that helps too. He's just naturally more charismatic.

Loma is a tiny guy and would be a lot smaller than Pac so that can be sold as somewhat of a contest. Crawford-Pacquaio as a beheading.
    So it's unfair a guy shouldn't be promoted cuz he can't speak English well but it's fair that Bob is promoting Loma better than Crawford who's American made and at some point can maybe sell out an Omaha stadium while i doubt Loma will sell out an arena unless it's against Mikey or Tank Davis!

Gotcha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      So it's unfair a guy shouldn't be promoted cuz he can't speak English well but it's fair that Bob is promoting Loma better than Crawford who's American made and at some point can maybe sell out an Omaha stadium while i doubt Loma will sell out an arena unless it's against Mikey or Tank Davis!

Gotcha!
      I just don’t believe in discrimination because of someone’s language or where they are from nor do I believe treating someone better for that reason.

Maybe he needs to promote someone harder that way because of people like you that clearly care about that kind of stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Should Pacquiao defeat Matthysse convincingly, I would definitely want to see a fight with Crawford.

Pacquiao didn't even train seriously for Horn, this is what I believe.
        Why didn't he train seriously for horn? Was it due to time constraints or external issues?

Comment

• As expected. The old fade and must step aside

Comment

• But if Pac beats Mathysse, doesnt he get some sort of WW belt?
            Which would make him WW Champion, then move down in weight late in his career, Oscar style, to face Loma Or stay and fight Crawford, One way or the other he's gonna get his ass beat terribly, and fight on for the money many more years...but thats boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
              Why didn't he train seriously for horn? Was it due to time constraints or external issues?
              I think Pacquiao was not considering Horn worth too much training effort given how limited he is. And in fact he won the fight at his very worst, in spite of what the judges wrote on their cards to favor the hometown boy.

Comment

• I think if Manny gets thru Matthyse in good fashion he might become confident enough to fight Bud for his old belt.
                It would be a good carrot to dangle in front of a man that thinks that the wbo belt is rightfully his.
                Will be interesting to see if Pacman still has the youthfulness in his legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  I just don’t believe in discrimination because of someone’s language or where they are from nor do I believe treating someone better for that reason.

Maybe he needs to promote someone harder that way because of people like you that clearly care about that kind of stuff?
                  Or maybe he needs to start pushing Crawford more, he has a good back story, does good in his community, undefeated, in a more prestigious weightclass, and not afraid to fight the best!

Bob got Loma the Linares fight let's see him get some top PBC guys for Bud at welter!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
                    Very well said man. I guess looking at both fighters, Crawford is the most likely to leave to another promoter so maybe that’s why Arum is being shifty. Or, as you said, maybe the mfer is just racist.
                    Thanks bro, not sure if I would call old Bob racist, I think Bob is just lazy. He knows white and Latino audiences are more likely to just blindly buy the product and show up to the fight. Black fans are going not watch if the match up is not compelling. Loma is a great business scenario because he doesn’t need to invest in quality/ risky matches between two great fighters worth paying. Bob is old and tired, it’s about how he creates sure wins with very little investment.

Comment

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      just stop it.

crawford is a young star with a bright future ahead of him but yall starting to hype him up like when danny fought lucas. talkin bout the only way danny is leaving the ring is in a stretcher........
                      Danny was young and at his prime when he fought Lucas.. Manny is couple of steps backward of what he is used to be.. he is old already

Comment

Working...
                      X