Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Crawford is Bad Fight For Pacquiao, I'd Say 'Don't Do It'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    make the fight arum. An aging over the hill pac will still beat crawford.
    im still pushing for this fight.

live by the sword die by the sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Not a chance, Loma is getting more promotion than Bud is, it's simple!

Bob thinks Loma is more marketable than Crawford despite that Bud speaks English, accomplished more in the pro ranks, and has an actual homebase full of fans, ditto Omaha!

Bob just admitted he rather have Pac fight Loma who's a lightweight than Bud who's in the same weight class as Manny!

Smg
      I think it's unfair to suggest a guy should be promoted less due to not being fluent in English first off.

I do agree Loma is being promoted better but I also think a lot of that is down to Lomachenko's management. Egis Klimas is working tirelessly to get him out there. Top Rank haven't even done a kick off press conference for either guy lately which is crazy to me. I said this the other day. Klimas is doing more to promote Loma than TR are. TR are getting the good fights and saying the right things (about both guys to be fair).

I like both fighters equally perhaps ever so slightly I like Bud just a tad more but whatever. I think he does have a more vibrant personality and eye catching/unique style so that helps too. He's just naturally more charismatic.

Loma is a tiny guy and would be a lot smaller than Pac so that can be sold as somewhat of a contest. Crawford-Pacquaio as a beheading.

Comment

Manny, listen to your fans, you can beat the P4P #1 Crawford, that school teacher thing was a fluke, your fans want you to succumb to a fatality, video game style.
        Remember Manny Mayorga said he needs 20M to get into the ring with Crawford, Manny is going to trip over JMM's foot again

Comment

Time to cash out With a Crawford vs Pac fight.
          I think it’s a bad look for Pac to get KOd and schooled by Bud before he retires.
          It won’t even be a big money fight. Pac should be chasing Fights he can win and make money. Style wise Crawford is all wrong for him. He will box circles around Pac, hurt him, and leave him sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            March 20, 2018:

by Mike Coppinger
            The Ring Magazine

https://www.******.com/531546-bob-ar...signing-deals/

I think some people read or heard Arum and started rumors! Then there's also this one:

May 26, 2018:

By Jeff Aranow: Keith ‘One Time’ Thurman is rumored to be on the verge of signing with promoter Eddie Hearn, who recently signed a $1 billion, 8-year streaming deal with DAZN/Perform. Thurman, 29, is training near Tokyo, Japan, which is where Hearn was last Friday for the Jamie McDonnell vs. Naoya Inoue fight. Hearn promotes McDonnell.

Hearn signing a fighter that fights once a year might not be the wisest move on his part if he does ink Thurman. This might be a risky move on Hearn’s part. It’s like an NFL team signing a college football player coming off a knee injury. It’s risky. It might not work out. Will Hearn have to eat Thurman’s contract if turns out he’s a washed-up fighter or can he cut him and walk away after 1 or 2 fights?

On the surface, the main positive that comes from Hearn possibly signing Thurman is he might be able to get some of the other top names in the U.S to sign with his Matchroom Boxing USA stable. If the fighters hear about Hearn inking Thurman, then they might want to sign with him as well. It’s the basic herd mentality. I’m not sure it’ll work in this case, because Thurman is perceived as a fragile, part-time fighter, whose career is on the downside at this point despite him holding the WBA welterweight title.

https://www.************.com/2018/05...h-eddie-hearn/
            That's good if it can happen. Really opens up the 147 landscape. I believe Thurman's injury last year of course but being that long? And then the not fighting in April and now it's being pushed back to October/November if at all this year suggests the winding down of a contract IMO.

Hearn has a good working relationship with every US promoter and adviser so that could push Crawford-Thurman forward to say late 19/early 20 (latter being more likely) and then leave Spence and Garcia/Porter with each other so that could be the best option there next year.

A great scenario and realistic scenario would be Crawford vs. Spence for all four belts and both undefeated in a huge fight perhaps by the end of 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
              Manny, listen to your fans, you can beat the P4P #1 Crawford, that school teacher thing was a fluke, your fans want you to succumb to a fatality, video game style.
              Remember Manny Mayorga said he needs 20M to get into the ring with Crawford, Manny is going to trip over JMM's foot again
              I'm praying for this fight to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                I'm praying for this fight to happen.
                You are saying that because you know it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                  Time to cash out With a Crawford vs Pac fight.
                  I think it’s a bad look for Pac to get KOd and schooled by Bud before he retires.
                  It won’t even be a big money fight. Pac should be chasing Fights he can win and make money. Style wise Crawford is all wrong for him. He will box circles around Pac, hurt him, and leave him sleeping.
                  I pray that arum will make this fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    You are saying that because you know it will never happen.
                    Or is it you that you don't want this fight.

Comment

Crawford should bring his hair back - that would surely add some personality to him. Right now he looks like ugly duck and even with English being his first language he is less personality than Loma!

Loma should fight Pac on December. Although this fight is tougher than Beltran and it has risks due to first fight after rehabilitation.

Comment

Working...
                      X