Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder fought Ortiz for 2million but wouldn't fight AJ for 15m??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youve got to hand it to LacedUp....even in the face of someone who has knowledge and experience in the game he remains steadfast that he is right! ignorance truly is bliss!

good lord....hey, like i always say "thats the beauty of the internet you can never be wrong when you dont have to say what you say and look someone in the eye while saying it"

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      First of all, you have no idea what is guaranteed. The publicly listed purse and the guarantee are often completely different. You have no idea how this business works.

Further, you have no idea the license fee Showtime is paying, you have no idea what international TV is paying, etc. There's no possible way for you to know whether the show is generating 4 million. You're literally just an idiot on a message board, with no knowledge, insight, experience, or connections, making declarations about things you couldn't possibly know one way or the other.

On top of that, Haymon was given A BILLION DOLLARS to overpay fighters when necessary to retain them. There's a reason these guys are LAUGHING at Hearn's offers . . .

Yes I've promoted fights for decades and worked for dozens of promoters. I know for a fact how misleading publicly listed purses can be because I've worked for promoters Haymon hires and I know the games that are played with the numbers.

But don't take my word for it, the fighters themselves have admitted it many times. Don't take my word for it, the head of Showtime has admitted it.

It happens on HBO too. Unless you really believe Cotto was only paid 750k for his retirement fight?!?
      keep working that LacedUp fool over...i love it...its great

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Look can an old **** like me pull wimmin like you pst in your avi ....
        Sure if you got a little bit of money and some game.

Emphasis on the game part. I’ve seen even ugly, fat , or broke men with beautiful spouses/girlfriends.

Some men got the gift for everyone else you better have money.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Ugh man. “You have no idea”...

Yes I do because the gate, purse and license fees are public you dummy!
          Oh they are? Okay, what did Showtime pay as the license fee for Wilder vs. King Kong?

Comment

You’re so slow you don’t even understand why this thread was made

I even said it in the very thread.

So yeah, stupid, simple or slow - which one?

I think I’m going with simple.
            I know why it was made.

It was made because you're a moron. There really is no other excuse for it.

I mean, think about it. You've been getting kicked around your own thread from the very first post to the 14th page!
            Last edited by travestyny; 06-10-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              I know why it was made.

It was made because you're a moron. There really is no other excuse for it.

I mean, think about it. You've been getting kicked around your own thread from the very first post to the 14th page!

Why was it made then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                youve got to hand it to LacedUp....even in the face of someone who has knowledge and experience in the game he remains steadfast that he is right! ignorance truly is bliss!

good lord....hey, like i always say "thats the beauty of the internet you can never be wrong when you dont have to say what you say and look someone in the eye while saying it"
                What am I wrong about exactly?

As in, which statements have I made that are wrong? I'll wait for this one.

Comment

Why was it made then?
                  You are still going?

You've claimed multiple times that Wilder was scared and/or ducking, then you backtracked.

Then you claimed the thread was sarcastic and not serious at all.

Finally, you claimed that it was to "expose some kind of double standard."

That, despite multiple posters kicking you around about there being no double standard at all.

For what should be the last time:

1. $12.5 million flat fee representing 6X Wilder's highest pay isn't significant because what is fair is that he be offered what he is worth for the specific fight with Joshua. A $12.5 million flat fee is a joke that only some Joshua fans took seriously because they would eat up just about anything. Even the reasonable Joshua fans took it for what it was. A complete and utter joke.

2. Joshua asked for $50 million to get the fight done. If this is 1.5X his previous highest pay, then great. It's what HE ASKED FOR and what Wilder's team AGREED TO.

There is no double standard. One is a TERRIBLE OFFER. The other was exactly what the dude asked for to get the fight done.

This has been explained to you multiple times. Time for you to let this thread die and pretend you never created it.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    You are still going?

You've claimed multiple times that Wilder was scared and/or ducking, then you backtracked.

Then you claimed the thread was sarcastic and not serious at all.

Finally, you claimed that it was to "expose some kind of double standard."

That, despite multiple posters kicking you around about there being no double standard at all.

For what should be the last time:

1. $12.5 million flat fee representing 6X Wilder's highest pay isn't significant because what is fair is that he be offered what he is worth for the specific fight with Joshua. A $12.5 million flat fee is a joke that only some Joshua fans took seriously because they would eat up just about anything. Even the reasonable Joshua fans took it for what it was. A complete and utter joke.

2. Joshua asked for $50 million to get the fight done. If this is 1.5X his previous highest pay, then great. It's what HE ASKED FOR and what Wilder's team AGREED TO.

There is no double standard. One is a TERRIBLE OFFER. The other was exactly what the dude asked for to get the fight done.

This has been explained to you multiple times. Time for you to let this thread die and pretend you never created it.
                    Didn’t read that drivel. The only thing I could see is you still have no idea why this thread was made

Comment

Didn’t read that drivel. The only thing I could see is you still have no idea why this thread was made
                      Of course you didn't read it because you've been thoroughly embarrassed and for you to actually read how you've been embarrassed kills your soul. But good job making a fool of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X