Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder fought Ortiz for 2million but wouldn't fight AJ for 15m??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua refused to fight him for $50 million

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      What sense does that make?

Exactly how terrified is he of AJ that he demands these insane 10x on his purses?
      Do you understand what PRIZE fighting is? You fight for money and the more money the better.

Comment

• Earns 2 mill a fight but apparently he's the a side And fight has to happen in America where they say they haven't heard of 'Anthony johnson'if they haven't heard of him surely it's not gonna be much bigger than Ortiz wilder financially stateside, unless people are lying to.fit an agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
          Earns 2 mill a fight but apparently he's the a side And fight has to happen in America where they say they haven't heard of 'Anthony johnson'if they haven't heard of him surely it's not gonna be much bigger than Ortiz wilder financially stateside, unless people are lying to.fit an agenda.
          Joshua defeated Klitschko, Joshua is a Gold Medal winner, Ortiz was never even the best Cuban HW of his time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Joshua defeated Klitschko, Joshua is a Gold Medal winner, Ortiz was never even the best Cuban HW of his time.
            Yeah but people have been saying over and over again that no-one knows who he is in America.so why have it over there if the headline act wilder can only draw 2 mill a fight. 'Johnson' earns 15 mill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
              Yeah but people have been saying over and over again that no-one knows who he is in America.so why have it over there if the headline act wilder can only draw 2 mill a fight. 'Johnson' earns 15 mill.
              The fight would need to be built up here in the states but there is a great deal to build with. Americans loved Tyson, convince us that Wilder is on that level fighting the best HWs in the world and people will come.

Comment

why did AJ want to rematch Wlad in vegas for less than 50 million?

Comment

• In the Ortiz fight, 2m was as much as he could get. In the AJ fight, 15 is not as much as he can get out of the revenue. It would be the equivalent of accepting 250K in the Ortiz fight which he wouldnt do. It's not that hard to understand.

Comment

• aj turned down 50mil that has never been done how n the hell can anyone defend that

Comment

To be honest, I do not get the argument that what a fighter is to be paid for a given fight has any connection whatsoever to what he has made in any previous fight. The fight you are negotiating right now stands on it's own merit.

For instance, I sold a house in the early 90's and took a big loss. I sold a house in 2006 and made a big profit. nobody asked me what I was used to being paid for a house (thank god). People should be compensated for the worth of what they bring to the table. What Wilder is bringing to this table is worth a healthy percentage.
                      Yeah you see the problem with what you're saying is that it makes too much sense

Comment

Working...
                      X