Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the WBC wrong for enforcing a mandatory on GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the WBC wrong for enforcing a mandatory on GGG?

There seemed to be no problem when they did it with Canelo for GGG..All the other mando's GGG had to fight were fine with his fans..So why is Charlo an issue?

I don't think it's an issue at all. I would like to see Charlo get another fight or two at middleweight before he steps up to GGG, though. Nonetheless, I definitely want to see the fight

Comment

Who said its a problem? The problem is that the WBC is diggriding Canelo and wants to force GGG to accept Canelos deal.

The problem here is, when you have a unified champion the sanctioning bodies have a rotation system. Both the IBF and WBC cant basically enforce a mandatory at the same time but they want to do it now because they are greedy and the WBC desperately wants that GGG Canelo fight.

Why do you think Charlo is so quiet in the last couple days when the WBC announced that GGG has to face him next? It might break your heart but Jermall might not even fancy a GGG fight so soon.

Comment

the issue is that the ibf mandatory is due or ggg might fight saunders in a unification but instead the wbc is getting salty their golden boy might lose the fight so they are putting more pressure on ggg so they get their way(and money). also the difference is canelo only had one belt where ggg has 3 so the situation is not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          There seemed to be no problem when they did it with Canelo for GGG..All the other mando's GGG had to fight were fine with his fans..So why is Charlo an issue?
          It's not an issue as far as Charlo being a threat to Golovkin. I'd love to see Golovkin fight Charlo. However he has a prior mandatory fight with Drev that takes precedence. So if he fights Drev does he get stripped? If he fights Charlo does he get stripped by the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            It's not an issue as far as Charlo being a threat to Golovkin. I'd love to see Golovkin fight Charlo. However he has a prior mandatory fight with Drev that takes precedence. So if he fights Drev does he get stripped? If he fights Charlo does he get stripped by the IBF.
            if he fights saunders does he get stripped? there is pressure from all sides thats why comparing it to canelo who only had pressure from ggg is very myopic. difference is im sure ggg will fight one of them and not amir khan or liam smith lol

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              the issue is that the ibf mandatory is due or ggg might fight saunders in a unification but instead the wbc is getting salty their golden boy might lose the fight so they are putting more pressure on ggg so they get their way(and money). also the difference is canelo only had one belt where ggg has 3 so the situation is not the same.
              wbc golden boy meaning canelo?

did you forget how canelo didnt even want the wbc belt and how wbc was sucking up to ggg?

Comment

i just hope GGG-Charlo is on free tv

Comment

Sulaiman has been kissing Cnelo's ass when he gave up his belt.
                  Then he tried to inject himself by creating a special belt for the Cnelo vs GGG 1 fight to sort of placate Alvarez.
                  He's making a huge mistake on pushing for the rematch.
                  Because Cnelo's camp wishes this rematch disappears so they can move on.
                  It's actually in Cnelo's interest if he just enforce the mandatory.
                  Let Charlo and GGG brutalize each other.

Comment

The problem is the WBC picks and chooses when they want to enforce. Wilder should have fought 3 mandatories by now but they have let him slide for 3 years, only fighting one. Stevenson NEVER fights his mandatories but now all of a sudden they want Golovkin to either sign the contract or fight Charlo???? Nah man, that's dirty pool

Comment

Working...
                    X