Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: "95%" Certain That Wilder Fight Will Happen in 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sid-knee View Post
    erm, things have moved on since then obviously. They are now meeting.
    good to know

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe the.. View Post
      Glad you posted that for ppl to see so there is no speculation or dancing around this one. AJ was and still is talkin out his ass
      It was my pleasure! The haters are still gonna hate!

Comment

Looks like Wilder side needs to stay relevant for PR as he is the clear B side to Joshua. Making an offer with no terms defined and only good for one day only a PR move with nothing serious behind it. Let Wilder keep making his $1.5-2M paydays and see how long it takes him to take a higher offer to challenge for the other 3 titles, while Joshua keeps selling out big stadiums fighting on PPV

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
          Okay he got his 50 million, if it's that simple Why can't he tell Daddy Hearn he wants Wilder next?? Out of his own mouth he said give me 50 million and I will take the fight
          because they still have not proven where that 50 million will come from.....guaranteed remember lol

Comment

Joshua to scared to fight outside UK. His peds requirements would make it very difficult to leave thed UK. Convicted drug dealer AJ not getting a bag of syringes full of hgh through customs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              Yeah, but Tyson was a big star even before he went on PPV. Wilder clearly isn't a star. In fact, I don't think he ever will be.
              Just noting to the poster that a fighters initial ppv can be big with the right promotion and opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                because they still have not proven where that 50 million will come from.....guaranteed remember lol
                Eddie already admitted they have shown him proof

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  He doesn't know what is in the contract yet. It could include options on his next 5 fights. We don't know yet. So that's what they're working on.

Lets actually wait until information comes out before we get ahead of ourselves.
                  What are you talking about? Did you real the article or watch the interview? Selling his belts has nothing to do with promotional options on future fights anyway.

The guy said accepting the 50M without control over the Wilder fight would be like selling his belts. Not sure how you sell something and keep it so I can only surmise that he isn't confident in a win vs Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Just noting to the poster that a fighters initial ppv can be big with the right promotion and opponent.
                    Not to largely unknown fighters it won't.

Posters thinking this is going to be a PPV hit in America is nothing short of being in the dream world if i'm being perfectly honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kali_KO View Post
                      Looks like Wilder side needs to stay relevant for PR as he is the clear B side to Joshua. Making an offer with no terms defined and only good for one day only a PR move with nothing serious behind it. Let Wilder keep making his $1.5-2M paydays and see how long it takes him to take a higher offer to challenge for the other 3 titles, while Joshua keeps selling out big stadiums fighting on PPV
                      agreeing in principle to a monetary figure before ironing out details is standard procedure...one hearn engages in also.....

Comment

Working...
                      X