Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua: "95%" Certain That Wilder Fight Will Happen in 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
    Wilder said the money literally said the money was in the bag it wasn't .. it wasn't even in an ESCROW account .. an dno proof of funds weren't given despite what Wilder fans would say.

Wilders team promised meetings two of them ... how long did their word hold up.

Wilder staked his reputation on the fact he didn't want the money just the fight .. when offered the fight and money his "word" meant nothing.

Wilder said he'd fight Whyte next if he fought Ortiz first .. Whyte has just agreed to that will Wilder keep his word .. no chance.

At the end of the day Hearn and Joshua have a record of making the big fights Wilders has a record of running from them.

I see this fight happening this year but Joshua is right not to trust Wilder , he's more slippery than an eel that's gone to car salesman college . If Wilders lips are moving he's lying.
    You aren't even trying anymore, huh? Hearn said the least it will do in the US is between 45-50 million, so Joshua's money is guaranteed even if Haymon and Finkel have to take the last few millions from their pockets

Comment

Negotiations apparently going well and still a few here don't want Wilder fighting AJ.

Comment

People talking about the money wasn't in the bag..doesn't know anything about boxing Finkle and Hayman have put on the top two fights in history..so stop talking the money side...just ******ity...also it was Joshua who said give me 50 million upfront and I'll sign tomorrow..smugly at that.. now send bums bruno said his nonsense about the Aside bull****..now 95 % chance the fight will happen just to keep you UK suckas onboard..smdh

Comment

You ******..learn boxing..this is a 100+ fight..especially in Vegas..and US PPValone...learn boxing before sending a message..smdh

Comment

How would he be selling his belts if he plans on knocking Wilder out like he said he would?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Negotiations apparently going well and still a few here don't want Wilder fighting AJ.
              Go easy on them! They like the guy and who can blame them? He may not be much of a boxer but he's a hard puncher, a snappy dresser and a reality tv star in the making. It's not his fault he's been shielded from decent opposition and has a record more stuffed than a thanksgiving turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                Just to provide context. The UK PPV market is very consistent when it comes to buying big fights. There's little reason to think that their biggest star wouldn't maintain his numbers (I did account for a loss of a few hundred thousand buys, which is why I put the low range at 1.2 million buys)

Also, the US PPV numbers were so wide because it's hard to narrow down demand. I'm certain it clears 500k but above that, it's anybodies guess. I'd put the over/under at 800k, but clearing 1 milliin wouldn't surprise me at all. Just depends on when it's finalized and the press/media tour.
                Thanks. I know historically the UK boxing crowd has stayed up for the big Vegas fights, it's just that was quite a long time ago and the audience that's been following AJ may or may not follow suit.

You have 1.3m as the low estimate. These are Sky's PPV figures: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Bo...er-view_fights

They have the Wlad fight at 1.5m and Parker just below. Given how widely known Wlad was, they will do well to match that figure for a fight at 4 in the morning. A lot will depend on how effectively the fight is marketed over here, Sky/Matchroom are good at that however. Maybe including a UK matchroom card will get the pub goers in the mood and encourage them to stay up at least long enough to subscribe!

Comment

Fight will happen...cooler heads will prevail

Too much money to not make the fight. It really makes the most cent$ to have it in the UK however Vegas wants to bring in those high rollers for such a big event. I see that as the biggest issue is the UK and Vegas are battling for it because it will be a huge boom to their local economies: hotels, ********, parking, restaurants, "activities", comedy shows, after parties. So it will bring in tens of millions locally. Hopefully they get everything worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                    Thanks. I know historically the UK boxing crowd has stayed up for the big Vegas fights, it's just that was quite a long time ago and the audience that's been following AJ may or may not follow suit.

You have 1.3m as the low estimate. These are Sky's PPV figures: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Bo...er-view_fights

They have the Wlad fight at 1.5m and Parker just below. Given how widely known Wlad was, they will do well to match that figure for a fight at 4 in the morning. A lot will depend on how effectively the fight is marketed over here, Sky/Matchroom are good at that however. Maybe including a UK matchroom card will get the pub goers in the mood and encourage them to stay up at least long enough to subscribe!
                    Great post here!

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      How would he be selling his belts if he plans on knocking Wilder out like he said he would?
                      I also thought that was a weird remark.

Comment

Working...
                      X