Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Noncommittal Regarding IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course he is going to fight Canelo next for 3 times as much as he would make fighting an unknown Russian. He can always KO their new champion later.

Comment

• Originally posted by tokon View Post
      Truth.

Pro boxing is business first but, if golovkin wanted to still fight on may 5 AND keep those titles AND be free to fight canelo in September, he should have fought his mandatory - especially as the guy was willing to take that fight at short notice!

I think golovkin has definitely lost some credibility here.
      Yes I understand why he is cherry picking and simply waiting for the Canelo rematch given the $s involved but it is still disappointing especially given all his bs about really wanting to be undisputed MW champ, fighting the best etc. We already knew his “fight anyone from 154-168” was a lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        Well gee, a 36 year old at the end of his career decides a belt he has to pay money for isn't worth it to fight a possibly tough opponent with no name recognition, compared to the other option: a higher ranked/proven p4p opponent which is guaranteed to net him at least $10 million dollars (far more money than option A).

Damn, what a dumb decision.
        No one is saying that it's a dumb decision, just that it's a rankly hypocritical decision.

From the moment that Golovkin appeared on HBO, he was sold to the public as this smiling assassin who simply wanted to beat people up and get belts; that eventually became "whoop any fighter 154-168" and folks, here and elsewhere, ate that **** up.

Andre Ward punks the **** out of lil G on national TV, and the talk falls back to only wanting all of the middleweight belts.

Derevyanchenko (world-level amateur, 2008 Olympian, 23-1
        in the WSoB before turning pro) becomes mandatory for his IBF belt, and now being champion no longer matters.

Golovkin has been a money fighter since leaving Germany, and "getting the belts" was his schtick.

Tell the truth and shame the devil

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          it looks like Strippedkin will miss out on his " dream "

wow

I hope breaking Hopkins record by beating Vanes was worth it lol

Gennady's fake record, is gonna provide us with years of fun
          Never would imagined that defending the interim WBA 160lb title 20 times would be something that folks would clamor to hold up in such high esteem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            I'm joking with you! Calm down...
            Ok my apologies..

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              No one is saying that it's a dumb decision, just that it's a rankly hypocritical decision.

From the moment that Golovkin appeared on HBO, he was sold to the public as this smiling assassin who simply wanted to beat people up and get belts; that eventually became "whoop any fighter 154-168" and folks, here and elsewhere, ate that **** up.

Andre Ward punks the **** out of lil G on national TV, and the talk falls back to only wanting all of the middleweight belts.

Derevyanchenko (world-level amateur, 2008 Olympian, 23-1
              in the WSoB before turning pro) becomes mandatory for his IBF belt, and now being champion no longer matters.

Golovkin has been a money fighter since leaving Germany, and "getting the belts" was his schtick.

Tell the truth and shame the devil
              Who the **** cares? You're listening to the hype machine trying to draw viewers in. If you seriously try to say Golovkin is the only boxer with hype/marketing behind him that does so in this nature, you know that you are lying to yourself. Every single fighter has had this same **** behind them. Fighters milk fights every single time with bull**** drama, "I'ma knock his ass out", "I'd fight anyone", etc. HBO and Showtime milk fights for being greater than they are, for bull**** commentating in favor of their fighter that makes them money, and so forth. Reporters make catching headlines to draw people in and create drama. Drama sells and attracts attention. This is purely business.

This doesn't even make sense. Who cares what a bigger man does? Andre was and always has been in a higher division than Golovkin. I don't remember Golovkin ever calling out Ward, "Hey Ward, let's fight". Maybe he responded when questioned if he would fight Ward or something, I don't know. The fact that people call it that ducking is ridiculous. Ducking is when you avoid a fight with someone in your own division without reason. I can't hate Floyd for not fighting Lara at 154 even though he fought other fighters at the weight class. I can't hate Errol Spence for not moving up to 154 and fighting Hurd/Jermell/Lara, despite seeming larger than most welterweights. I can't hate Pacquiao for fighting catch-weights against much larger opponents. And so forth...

Golovkin may have been talking about fighting Froch or Chavez Jr., but they were big money fights at the time and never did he claim he was the best 168 fighter. Could Ward have even netted Golovkin half the pay compared to those two opponents? No. Who the hell isn't in boxing for money? What an obvious statement. There's probably less than 0.001% fighters in boxing who don't care about money. I can't even see a logical reason for hating a fighter for claiming they are about legacy and fights doing the opposite and chasing the money--- which doesn't make sense in this case, since Canelo is basically the highest rated middleweight besides GGG... I don't think there's any acceptable logic to criticize a boxer for taking a tougher fight.
              Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 05-02-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Who the **** cares? You're listening to the hype machine trying to draw viewers in. If you seriously try to say Golovkin is the only boxer with hype/marketing behind him that does so in this nature, you know that you are lying to yourself. Every single fighter has had this same **** behind them. Fighters milk fights every single time with bull**** drama, "I'ma knock his ass out", "I'd fight anyone", etc. HBO and Showtime milk fights for being greater than they are, for bull**** commentating in favor of their fighter that makes them money, and so forth. Reporters make catching headlines to draw people in and create drama. Drama sells and attracts attention. This is purely business.

This doesn't even make sense. Who cares what a bigger man does? Andre was and always has been in a higher division than Golovkin. I don't remember Golovkin ever calling out Ward, "Hey Ward, let's fight". Maybe he responded when questioned if he would fight Ward or something, I don't know. The fact that people call it that ducking is ridiculous. Ducking is when you avoid a fight with someone in your own division without reason. I can't hate Floyd for not fighting Lara at 154 even though he fought other fighters at the weight class. I can't hate Errol Spence for not moving up to 154 and fighting Hurd/Jermell/Lara, despite seeming larger than most welterweights. I can't hate Pacquiao for fighting catch-weights against much larger opponents. And so forth...

Golovkin may have been talking about fighting Froch or Chavez Jr., but they were big money fights at the time and never did he claim he was the best 168 fighter. Could Ward have even netted Golovkin half the pay compared to those two opponents? No. Who the hell isn't in boxing for money? What an obvious statement. There's probably less than 0.001% fighters in boxing who don't care about money. I can't even see a logical reason for hating a fighter for claiming they are about legacy and fights doing the opposite and chasing the money--- which doesn't make sense in this case, since Canelo is basically the highest rated middleweight besides GGG... I don't think there's any acceptable logic to criticize a boxer for taking a tougher fight.
                Golovkin was marketed as not being like all those other fighters, and he would've shown himself to be full of **** in dragging a two-year inactive junior middleweight up to fight, giving up his belt, and then waiting on a good fighter for a maybe second money fight.

Nothing wrong with expecting some honesty every once in a while.

Comment

Golovkin was marketed as not being like all those other fighters, and he would've shown himself to be full of **** in dragging a two-year inactive junior middleweight up to fight, giving up his belt, and then waiting on a good fighter for a maybe second money fight.

Nothing wrong with expecting some honesty every once in a while.
                  or, perhaps he started out with the lofty goal of unifying, swam in the boxing sewer and got screwed around long enough to make him not give a flying **** anymore about anything other than securing as much money as he can for his family before he tells this sport to pissoff once and for all.

That makes a bit more sense than some long-running far-flung conspiracy theory.

But ultimately it doesnt matter. If he does the mando with Derev next, you haters will claim he's ducking Canelo, Charlo, Jacobs, or Saunders. If he fights one of the other names I mentioned, you will cry hypocrite for not doing the mando.

And before you claim I am "buying the BS" or whatever, I stated weeks ago that the Vanes fight was garbage, and they should have scrapped May 5 and negotiated a June fight with Derev.

Edit: and yes, I do believe at one point GGG had the goal of unifying the titles. Almost every fighter I have ever met had that goal at one time or another. But just like newly elected politicians, "lofty goals" seem to fade once they reach a certain point and actually see how the sausage is made. I dont know if that is what has happened with GGG, but it wouldnt surprise me......
                  Last edited by OnePunch; 05-03-2018, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Never would imagined that defending the interim WBA 160lb title 20 times would be something that folks would clamor to hold up in such high esteem.

yea, but I knew they would..... unfortunately

Comment

hold on.....

that is ALL he did..... other than 1 forced mando with Jacobs and a cash-out with Canelo

FACT: Golovkin COULD have taken the following fights, but CHOSE not to

Lara - was the current 154 champ, Golovkin said that Lara was not relevant, and that Willie Monroe was a bigger draw lol)

Ward - was the current 168 champ, first Golovkin demanded 164, then he refused that fight in 36 minutes flat

Mora - ex-champ, Golovkin said that he was irrelevant, and unknown..... Golovkin then refused a deal to fight Mora on HBO, preferring to fight the totally unknown Adama in Monaco on free TV

Cotto - current 160 champ, Golovkin totally refused to negotiate on weight with 153lb Cotto, removing himself from consideration for that GREAT OPPORTUNITY..... 6 months later Golovkin stated that he is willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody will step up

Saunders - current 160 champ, Golovkin offered him 1.5mil, killing the negotiation there..... then Saunders signed to fight Golovkin in Kazakhstan, but Golovkin selected Canelo..... then Saunders offered to fight Golovkin in June, but Golovkin selected Vanes

Derevyanchenko - #1 mando, requested exemption to avoid mandatory, to select Vanes

forget the blame-game just for a second..... DUDE, that is one hell of a lot of coincidences

each one of those names could replaced one of the scrubs on Golovkin's resume..... I am not suggesting that he had to fight all of them..... just that it is no coincidence that he did not fight any of them lol

they lied to the fans

Comment

Working...
                      X