Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Noncommittal Regarding IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Street15 View Post
    In his defense:

But those cases of corruption in the IBF are few and far between. But after being named president in 09 I think, Daryl Peoples has the IBF on a short leash and has been as straight and narrow as you can get from a sanctioning body. Granted, their rankings has ALWAYS been wacky.
    How is that in his defense when I asked him to name an incident from that point forward? I acknowledged they were corrupt. And that incident made the government get involved and that's why today the IBF is so strict about following their rules.

Comment

• Look at it like this... at least golemovkin doesn't have to come in 10 lbs or less the next day weigh in now. There's no b1tching about size anymore!

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        How is that in his defense when I asked him to name an incident from that point forward? I acknowledged they were corrupt. And that incident made the government get involved and that's why today the IBF is so strict about following their rules.
        I thought all you said was "name ONE incident of corruption".

Comment

• Originally posted by Street15 View Post
          I thought all you said was "name ONE incident of corruption".
          Yea in my second post to him. But the post he quoted I stated those incidents so I was working from that point on in my second post

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Yea in my second post to him. But the post he quoted I stated those incidents so I was working from that point on in my second post
            I missed that part. My mistake.

You're right though. IBF is as clean cut as they come. I only had issues with their rankings. (their rankings in middleweight and Heavyweight are fire though)

Well...actually...NOW.....I have an issue with them waiving the 2nd day weigh-ins. WTF is that all about?! I love having a fairly even playing field.
            Last edited by Street15; 05-02-2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• it looks like Strippedkin will miss out on his " dream "

wow

I hope breaking Hopkins record by beating Vanes was worth it lol

Gennady's fake record, is gonna provide us with years of fun

Comment

• Now Borat refuses to fight his mandatory against a complete bum. He is a complete disgrace. Complete. This is why he can only draw 97k on ppv without Canelo. g had a chance to make his legacy. He chose to be forever remembered as a coward and a joke. The best should want to fight the best. Borat only wants to fight the worst.

#DeportTheJoke

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  they went from team ggg to team hypocrites
                  How are they hypocrites?

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    As a fan of the boxer i'll call it shameless if he turns around and goes this route. I get that there is a rematch with big money on the line but at least make a commitment to fight the guy after the rematch to keep his heels cooled. September 2017 to May 2018 is a big gap where he could squeeze in that mandatory if they'd only negotiate. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Hes going to keep the belt as long as possible until atleast the contract for Canelo in the fall is signed. If he vacates the belt the next week and the canelo negotiations fall through then he gave it up for no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                      How are they hypocrites?

anyone from 154-168.... but killed three HUGE fights over weight

businessman doe, when Canelo/Khan.... then, they selected Brook

criticized Canelo for catchweight.... then demanded one from Ward

cried for years about mando doe.... refused to fight his mando doe

criticize opponent for their opponent selection.... selects no-hopers

just off the top of my head lol, but I am sure there are more

so, you..... didn't notice any of that ?

Comment

Working...
                      X