No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Noncommittal Regarding IBF Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter Noncommittal Regarding IBF Mandatory

Gennady Golovkin and his handlers haven't decided whether he'll keep the IBF middleweight title after Saturday night. The IBF granted Golovkin an exception that will allow him to fight Vanes Martirosyan without being stripped of his IBF 160-pound championship. The New Jersey-based organization refused to sanction Golovkin-Martirosyan as a title fight, though, and has ordered negotiations between representatives for Golovkin and mandatory challenger Sergiy Derevyanchenko to commence immediately after the Golovkin-Martirosyan match, assuming the heavily favored Golovkin wins.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That belt is gone soon

Comment

No one is turning down $20 million to pay a currupt organization for an insignificant (for GGG) belt.

His "fans" think he should risk making $20 million, then turn around and pay 50k (not sure what the fee is) to the ibf?

Weird logic.

Comment

I sense a vacant IBF fight to be announced after that 90 days is up because I don't see GGG passing on a rematch with Saul Alvarez.

Comment

As a fan of the boxer i'll call it shameless if he turns around and goes this route. I get that there is a rematch with big money on the line but at least make a commitment to fight the guy after the rematch to keep his heels cooled. September 2017 to May 2018 is a big gap where he could squeeze in that mandatory if they'd only negotiate. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Comment

Expected. Golovkin should go for his money fights, so Derevyanchenko will be able to fight someone decent for the vacant title.

Comment

Mr legacy though, I’m staying at 160 till i unify though, all bs excuses to never move up or down to test himself. Shameful, and even more shameful all you ggg fans ate that sh.it all the way up. Fools

Comment

How about this, get rid of all those organizations like WBC, WBO, WPG, WW2, W2C, WRX, IBO, BFI, BBB, IBF and their funny belts. Keep one per weight divisions, which they should tone down too..... and get Sulaiman a nice job at mcdonalds. Getting tired of all those belts, weights and b*ll**** that comes with them. Sigh.

Comment

If Golovkin goes to this route, I'll take out my fan card.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    Mr legacy though, I’m staying at 160 till i unify though, all bs excuses to never move up or down to test himself. Shameful, and even more shameful all you ggg fans ate that sh.it all the way up. Fools
                    Business as usual. Your wallet or your belt, nothing wrong with this.

Comment

Working...
                    X