No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trump is Considering a Posthumous Pardon For Jack Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
    Obviously this is a PR stunt from Trump. What's to consider? Just do it!

I never understood why Obama didn't do it. However, it's better to use a pardon on someone that could actually benefit from it. I don't think the conviction did anything to tarnish the legacy of Johnson. All it does is remind everyone of how screwed up the country was and still is. Black and brown people are still getting screwed over by the justice system.

If Trump wanted to do something right he would issue a formal apology to the Central Park Five.
    The Central Park Five were only exonerated by DNA evidence,but not by Trump himself. Still guilty!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      He helped the BALL family out. Kid was gonna learn real quick other countries dont fuk around (stealing that quote from Canelo)!!!
      All three of the ball players were all ready out of detention, had their passports in hand, and return flights to the US booked before Trump swooped in for the rescue.

Comment

Originally posted by cmwiza View Post
        The Central Park Five were only exonerated by DNA evidence,but not by Trump himself. Still guilty!
        There was no DNA evidence to begin with. The person that actually did the attack confessed. Trump took out a full page in all 3 major newspaper in New York convicting them the next day after the incident. He still hasn't acknowledged he was wrong for doing it. Does anyone really think he give a s/h/it about Jack Johnson?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          Yeah I'm calling BS on that also.
          there is no bs to call people on both sides aisle have been trying get him pardoned for years and they absolutely tried to get obama to do it

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
            Obviously this is a PR stunt from Trump. What's to consider? Just do it!

I never understood why Obama didn't do it. However, it's better to use a pardon on someone that could actually benefit from it. I don't think the conviction did anything to tarnish the legacy of Johnson. All it does is remind everyone of how screwed up the country was and still is. Black and brown people are still getting screwed over by the justice system.

If Trump wanted to do something right he would issue a formal apology to the Central Park Five.
            This. It's absolutely meaningless and there is nothing impressive about it. Johnson has been dead for 72 years.It should have been done when Johnson was alive. When it actually mattered. Now it's nothing more than a PR stunt.

I laugh at some of the people in here pretending that they have so much compassion for Jack Johnson (for Trump's benefit) when they are some of the very same types that would have wanted to lynch him in those days lol.

Comment

I'm inspired by black solidarity with shemales.

Trump had the support of several black boxers & black unemployment is at its lowest etc... None of his controversies remotely included blacks. Why would this be viewed as fake or an insult?

Answer: Just like southern rednecks tend to be hardline GOP voters even when it's against their own interests, most black Americans are low-info hardline Democrats who would chew their own legs off if a brotha like Chuck Schumer told them to.

I believe the brochure said:

"First Trump will ban shemales from being Navy SEALS... Next he will come for the blacks!!!". And it worked. Look at boxingscene.
              Last edited by ////; 04-22-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

It would be a nice gesture and justice would finally be served.

Props to Jack Johnson for having the balls to say "**** you" to the world and living life his way, to the fullest.

With that said, there are real problems and real people struggling in this country right now. I'd rather see the president focus on that. Johnson isn't alive anymore to benefit from this.
                Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 04-22-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Trump is a jack*** and only doing this to test his pardon powers so he can go crazy with the obstruction case, collusion and Michael Cohen shady dealings. He doesn't give a **** about Jack Johnson or anyone other than himself for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    He went to his daughter's graduation but yeah Obama didn't give a squat about boxing.
                    You should see the way Obama behaved at Mandela's funeral. It was a disgrace, even Michelle was embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                      You should see the way Obama behaved at Mandela's funeral. It was a disgrace, even Michelle was embarrassed.
                      How did he behave?

Comment

Working...
                      X