Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He should of just postponed till he could get a better guy, this fight is garbage

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      How the fucc did Golden Boy promotions fucc everyone from 154-160????
      Are you fuccing stupid??
      Oscar has no control over other fighters who aren't signed to him.
      Think about it dumbass!
      The only fighter from 154-160 basing their career around Canelo is GGG. Everybody is has been doing their own thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        we coulda got derevyanchenko

how is that canelo's fault?

he didnt make team ggg pick vanes over an actual mandatory middleweight challenger
        clenbuterol, that's how

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Never seen fans of a fighter who don't want to see their fighter face good competition. It's puzzling to me. They will accept anything. GGG's whole career has been an excuse after an excuse. The reason GGG is able to get away with B.S. like Brook and Vanes is because his fans don't want to see him fight anyone but Canelo. GGG vs. Jacobs was a better fight than Canelo vs. GGG but you never see them calling for the Jacobs rematch.
          Come on troll Floyd fans are almost as bad

Comment

Never seen fans of a fighter who don't want to see their fighter face good competition. It's puzzling to me. They will accept anything. GGG's whole career has been an excuse after an excuse. The reason GGG is able to get away with B.S. like Brook and Vanes is because his fans don't want to see him fight anyone but Canelo. GGG vs. Jacobs was a better fight than Canelo vs. GGG but you never see them calling for the Jacobs rematch.
            New breed I guess??? Sic fukers, bunch a COWARDS who like this sht show. And I don't want to hear GGG fans ever bring up Floyd vs. Connor.

Side note??? Probably gonna be the lowest over/under rounds I've ever seen in a champion ship fight. I would he surprised if it's set over 3..

Comment

• Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
              he is still keeping the ibf belt you dumb ass. he aint getting stripped and at least he's fighting soon LOL it might be a awhile before you clenelo fangirls see your dirty cheating ginger fight. they need to ban him for 2 years at least. I'd ban the scumbag for life!
              I would ban any fan that likes this fight. So ban yourself you dumb FUK!!! Worst mismatch EVER!!!

Comment

• Meh. I expect a good night of entertainment, but Vanes will be a huge underdog with a puncher's chance. It's basically a stay busy fight in preparation either for rematch with Canelo or a unification with BJS. After fighting Jacobs and Canelo back to back, arguably #2 and #3 in the division, there's nothing wrong with taking a fight like this, especially on short notice.

Vanes is not horrible opponent, he's a top10 154 fighter, probably ~top20 MW or so. He has been inactive for a long time. Has an interesting style against Golovkin - he's a brawler and has decent power. He's also taller than Golovkin, and because he's been out for so long, he should easily fill out the MW frame. I expect him to be bigger than Golovkin on the scales and in reality.

It's not the fight I want - I'd rather see SD vs. GG, but it's alright. But we better get a superfight on Sep against one of the top5 (Canelo/Charlo/SD/Jacobs/BJS).

Comment

• It's a stay busy fight against a decent if undersized opponent. It will have to do until September, if Canelo stays clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    Meh. I expect a good night of entertainment, but Vanes will be a huge underdog with a puncher's chance. It's basically a stay busy fight in preparation either for rematch with Canelo or a unification with BJS. After fighting Jacobs and Canelo back to back, arguably #2 and #3 in the division, there's nothing wrong with taking a fight like this, especially on short notice.

Vanes is not horrible opponent, he's a top10 154 fighter, probably ~top20 MW or so. He has been inactive for a long time. Has an interesting style against Golovkin - he's a brawler and has decent power. He's also taller than Golovkin, and because he's been out for so long, he should easily fill out the MW frame. I expect him to be bigger than Golovkin on the scales and in reality.

It's not the fight I want - I'd rather see SD vs. GG, but it's alright. But we better get a superfight on Sep against one of the top5 (Canelo/Charlo/SD/Jacobs/BJS).
                    ???? Vanes top 10 S. WW??? Maybe in 2012. Top #20 MW??? Never!

Folks this is what we refer to as a FULL Blown RTARD

Comment

Derevyanchenko wasn't a big fight. He's about a big a draw as Vanes. GGG would've had a longer camp than Derevyanchenko.So why not fight him?

Derevyanchenko is a significant fight, remember I said big or significant. Derevyanchenko is the 4th ranked Middleweight in the world how is that not a significant fight?

Listen, I don't have a problem with this fight against Vanes it's a fill in. It is what it is. I do expect a big fight next against Saunders, Canelo, Charlo or someone. Looks like it's going to be Canelo again since he has a 6 month suspension.

But this fight May 5th it is what it is, a throw away, stay busy fight. And I don't have a problem with that, he fought Jacobs and Canelo back to back and due to the circumstances and not having a regular training camp I don't mind this fight with Vanes. He's going right back into a big fight next so I'm okay with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X