Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
    The first fight wasn't boring but it wasn't good either. I think a re-match would be more of the same too so don't care anymore about it but if Canelo is subjected to year round testing then I don't think he'll be the same guy so the advantages he had by cycling on and off would go away. I'd venture to say he'll be more affected by not having PED's than GGG would the extra year or two.
    I am not so sure. Yes, without PEDs Canelo will not be as ripped, but he is still a lot younger and faster. So I would still go with the UD for Canelo, unless (without the PEDs) he gasses earlier - in which case I could see Golovkin catching him with a body shot (more likely than a head shot, because I do think Canelo has a decent chin). But we will see - maybe I am wrong.

Comment

• Embarassing matchup honestly, if this was the best they could do for May 5th they might as well have postponed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Can we punch any GGG fan in the face if they ever bring up mismatches or Rod Salka ever again???
        Never seen fans of a fighter who don't want to see their fighter face good competition. It's puzzling to me. They will accept anything. GGG's whole career has been an excuse after an excuse. The reason GGG is able to get away with B.S. like Brook and Vanes is because his fans don't want to see him fight anyone but Canelo. GGG vs. Jacobs was a better fight than Canelo vs. GGG but you never see them calling for the Jacobs rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Why shouldn't Vanes get a full camp to prepare?
          He's a throw away opponent, it's not a big fight or significant fight. He's just a fill in, a substitute, someone to save face and keep the event happening for May 5th. How come Substitute teachers don't get a chance to fully prepare and are treated like **** by students? It is what it is when it comes to guys like this or put in this situation like Vanes is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
            Lmao, mr give me my belt, mr legacy... lied to all you gggroupies
            he is still keeping the ibf belt you dumb ass. he aint getting stripped and at least he's fighting soon LOL it might be a awhile before you clenelo fangirls see your dirty cheating ginger fight. they need to ban him for 2 years at least. I'd ban the scumbag for life!

Comment

• Originally posted by True That View Post
              He's a throw away opponent, it's not a big fight or significant fight. He's just a fill in, a substitute, someone to save face and keep the event happening for May 5th. How come Substitute teachers don't get a chance to fully prepare and are treated like **** by students? It is what it is when it comes to guys like this or put in this situation like Vanes is.
              Derevyanchenko wasn't a big fight. He's about a big a draw as Vanes. GGG would've had a longer camp than Derevyanchenko.So why not fight him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Never seen fans of a fighter who don't want to see their fighter face good competition. It's puzzling to me. They will accept anything. GGG's whole career has been an excuse after an excuse. The reason GGG is able to get away with B.S. like Brook and Vanes is because his fans don't want to see him fight anyone but Canelo. GGG vs. Jacobs was a better fight than Canelo vs. GGG but you never see them calling for the Jacobs rematch.
                They just want to belive in this mythical notion that he's unbeatable. I like Canelo but honestly, those other bigger MWs are more trouble for GGG. It's obvious what's going on here, they've just pulled another guy up to the MW division instead of taking a true test.

Comment

• So GGG isn't trying to fight any tough fights because he wants to preserve his payday with Canelo? I guess GGG became a business man after all, and this guy needs to stop trying to be Mexican, cause he ain't. 36 years old and has only fought 2 or 3 top fighters and now won't fight anyone that's a risk. GGG was gifted 2 of 3 the titles and beat an average fighter in Lemieux for the other. Hopefully Canelo gets suspended for a year so GGG and his team will get screwed for beings Canelo and GBs b1tch.

Comment

• Originally posted by imvp View Post
                    Redhead must be on suicide watch. the Mexican fraud tried to waste GGG camp by trying everything to stop ggg fighting. It isn't the best opponent but Im just happy we will see GGG in action
                    +1

Comment

• Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      I agree, Golden Boy basiclly ****ed everyone from 154 to 160 and has been doing it for years.

I would not be surprised if he matches David Lemieux with O'Sullivan so Canelo can face the winner in September. If he's smart, and he is, he'll blame Golovkin for the rematch never happening.

I hope, pray I'm wrong
                      How the fucc did Golden Boy promotions fucc everyone from 154-160????
                      Are you fuccing stupid??
                      Oscar has no control over other fighters who aren't signed to him.
                      Think about it dumbass!

Comment

Working...
                      X