Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh **** fight, can’t lie. I was still holding out hope we would wake up today and see that somehow the sergey fight got made for the 5th instead of this.

Short notice plus he’s coming off two fights with the top guys in the division so it’s understandable. Still sucks they couldn’t finalize with someone better than Vanes though.

Glad the IBF didn’t strip because it was a unique situation that the cheating ginger caused.

Needs to fight Saunders, Sergey, Canelo, Charlo, or Jacobs after this. Anyone else and it makes this Vanes fight look even worse.

GGG is my favorite fighter currently so I’m excited to see him in the ring period, but this will definitely be the least pumped I’ve been for one of his fights in a while.

Hope we get a good undercard

Comment

• Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post

Straight trolling Shadow. Danny Garcia vs. Rob Salka was the worst mismatch ever. You can put Gatti vs. Gamache up there also.
      You do know Vanes hasnt fought in over 2 years???

Dont just take my word for it??? How much you want to bet Vanes will be more of a betting UNDERDOG then Salka was???

That seems fair. Let the gamblers and experts show use the tru value of this sht show!

Comment

• Next thing you know this trashy fight becomes fight of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by True That View Post
          Don't put words in my mouth. I specifically said that "both" guys Derevyanchenko and Triple G should have the opportunity of a full camp for a fight of that significance. I didn't say it was good for one or not the other. It's a "significant" fight. Vanes is not a "significant" fight.

And I didn't say that Triple G should not be in a tough fight. I said I understand the situation that he was supposed to fight Canelo and that I don't knock him for fighting a guy like Vanes or O'Sullivan due to the situation.

He fought Jacobs and Canelo and I expect him to be in another tough fight in the fall. I won't knock him for getting a replacement opponent for a fight that he was supposed to fight against Canelo.

I did have a big problem when they tried to fight Jamie Munguia who is only 21, just barely moved to 154 only 11 months ago. And then was expected to fight Triple G? That I did not agree with at all. And I'm glad they rejected that fight as well they should.

Vanes is a fill in. I already explained he's a throw away fight, a substitute. A body to save face and keep the May 5th fight on schedule. Why doesn't the substitute teacher get enough preparation to deal with the students? Because it's a substitute, short notice. He's a substitute, I like Vanes, but it is what it is. It's the nature of the beast. I'm not going to keep saying the same thing over and over again.

Guys like O'sullivan and Vanes I don't mind that much. They are veterans who have been in against names in or around their division. Do I like the fight and am I excited about it? No. But I understand the situation is all I'm saying and I won't knock him for it as long as his next fight is against top competition.

This is not hard to understand really.
          Perfectly stated.

I expect Golovkin to face Canelo in Sept. If governing bodies want to take his belts whatever. I personally do not give a crap about belts though I'm sure Golovkin does. The governing bodies are jokes IMO. What I'd like to see from Golovkin is Canelo and Saunders in his next two fights. I'm hopeful that happens this year. If that's the case and he is able to win both fights then he has had a great year even if half of it was wasted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            You do know Vanes hasnt fought in over 2 years???

Dont just take my word for it??? How much you want to get Vanes will be more of a betting UNDERDOG then Salka was???

That seems fair. Let the gamblers and experts show use the tru value of this sht show!
            Lol great comeback but Vanes is the former WBC 154 champ. What belt did/has Salk held?

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
              Perfectly stated.

I expect Golovkin to face Canelo in Sept. If governing bodies want to take his belts whatever. I personally do not give a crap about belts though I'm sure Golovkin does. The governing bodies are jokesI IMO. What I'd like to see from Golovkin is Canelo and Saunders in his next two fights. I'm hopeful that happens this year. If that's the case and he is able to win both fights then he has had a great year even if half of it was wasted.
              I hope that exactly that's how it all plays out. Will be a great year for GGG if it happens.

Comment

Lol great comeback but Vanes is the former WBC 154 champ. What belt did/has Salk held?
                no he wasn't

the wbc silver belt isnt a world title

this dumbass

Comment

Ummm.... The AWESOME WBC fecarebox LW Title??? Lol.

End of the day when you Google boxing's BIGGEST mismatches Danny Garcia and GGG names will be on that list for ALL to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    no he wasn't

the wbc silver belt isnt a world title

this dumbass
                    You are CORRECT.

They've also just posted Vanes will be fighting for a chance to win the

IBO
                    WBA
                    WBC
                    MW titles.

IBF is NOT listed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      I don't. Vanes hasn't fought in over 2 years and hasn't been any good since 5 years ago.
                      But he had a really close fight with Jermell Charlo and Lara in 2015 and 2016. Id take that over a guy who has been KO'd by Eubank

Comment

Working...
                      X