Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    How is Canelo to blame for GGG picking Vanes when there were other options?
    Lots of other options. Anyone of the other top 6 or 7 guys could've been in there with him. Instead we get Vanes lol

Comment

• YES!!!!!!! Great matchup I can't WAIT!!! Sergiy vs GGG.....

Wait what????? Vanes wtf?????

Nevermind!!! 💩💩💩

Comment

• I'd give it a pass just because it's on a 2 week notice. RIP Vanes though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dolor View Post
          Yes, I think so too. I also would not blame him if he retired after that, as unified champ. I don't think he will though. For monentary reasons, I do think that he will try to get a Canelo rematch, though I am personally not really intrigued by the thought of it. The first match was pretty boring, and GGG is not getting any younger - so I see a boring UD for Canelo if this fight happens in May 2019 (which I think it will).
          IBF is stripping GGG for this fight FYI.

SD and Andrade will be fighting for the IBF belt.

Comment

Golovkin vs Khan
            Make it happen! Now! 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              i think its a better fight than Spike and Munguia...why arent so many people ****ting on Tank for doing the same thing ? Both are making their opponents go up a weight class and both of their opponents havent fought since 2016...and Golovkin needed a replacement, Tanks opponent was the first option. But w/e i dont mind both fights
              I don't. Vanes hasn't fought in over 2 years and hasn't been any good since 5 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                In his fight against Howe he weighed in at 157 and Howe at 159.

In his fight against Cazares he weighed in at 159 and Cazares weighed in at 162

In his fight against Gutierrez he weighed in at 158

In his fight against Davis he weighed in at 155, his opponent at 157

But it was about time that Vanes moved up in weight, that's what boxers do, apparently.
                That's some good info you got there and much appreciated. I often forget that if you weigh anything over 154lbs (or any other weight limit for that matter) that you are automatically fighting at the next higher weight class. I'll have to blame 155lb weight class champion for my ignorance on this matter! Lol. Good stuff.

Comment

Yes, I think so too. I also would not blame him if he retired after that, as unified champ. I don't think he will though. For monentary reasons, I do think that he will try to get a Canelo rematch, though I am personally not really intrigued by the thought of it. The first match was pretty boring, and GGG is not getting any younger - so I see a boring UD for Canelo if this fight happens in May 2019 (which I think it will).
                  I think those fights and Clenelo in May of 2019 is a good way to go. He'll hold the all-time record for most title defenses at the weight and have won all four titles.

He beat Clenelo in September just didn't get the official win. Whitaker never got the official win over Chavez but it's still a win.

The first fight wasn't boring but it wasn't good either. I think a re-match would be more of the same too so don't care anymore about it but if Canelo is subjected to year round testing then I don't think he'll be the same guy so the advantages he had by cycling on and off would go away. I'd venture to say he'll be more affected by not having PED's than GGG would the extra year or two.

Comment

• "Boxing Superhero"?? WTF

Comment

Golovkin vs Khan
                      I agree. And that shows how horrible this fight is when the only fight worse is a Khan fight

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      For cheating and leaving them in this mess. If Canelo didn't cheat we'd have GGG-Canelo II on May 5th and could finally put that one to bed.
                      Canelo didn't make him fight Vanes. How is this opponent Canelo's fault?

Comment

Working...
                      X