Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Erislandy Lara Hurting The 154-Pound Division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the bio of this Andrea person will state "...professional writer"? What a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

Lara's style will turn fans away? Which new fans want to watch boxing and suddenly decides a Lara fight is the one when there are numerous other very popular fights for them to watch. Infact i became a boxing fan after I watched an old video of Ali "running" against Sonny Liston.

This site needs to screen writers more cuz if I am guessing correctly from the article, Lara needs to resign. You are a disgrace to writers!

Comment

Originally posted by budhram View Post
      I am damn good at my job, but my co-worker thinks I am in his way of a good job title and pay increase. I should resign, put my family in peril, and let him fulfill his dream.
      Worst analysis I have read!!
      This writer is a bloody disgrace to boxing and journalists worldwide.

I read the title and thought there would be a plot twist, I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        this is how I see it.....

are they good enough to beat him, or not ?

if not..... then who cares what else they were/were not, able to do

same with Hurd

if he aint good enough to beat Lara, I don't want to hear him crying afterwards because he thought the fight was boring..... like Lemieux did with Saunders
        Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
        Molina was a draw thats why he is 28-0-1 in my eyes

Lara won over Canelo, Paul Williams and Martirosyan and drew with Molina in my opinion...thats why he is 28-0-1 to me
        How you score the Lara / Pednelo fight??? I was there live and saw/ heard those body shots hurting him. And if you pay attention they spent the entire time fixing his body... Listen if Lara would of just did more and not ran (yes ran) he would of win the fight probably. Look at his connect % then go compare it to his other fights or floyd vs. Canelo. Slick fighters aren't suppose to look and miss soo much.

And are you like others that completely ignore body work??? Any real boxer will tell you those are the WORSE!! I bet Lara pissed blood after that fight.

Comment

I don't even understand this thing about being avoided.
          Who avoided him? The Charlos? Does that mean Haymon/Espinoza are incapable of making meaningful fights happen even in their own backyard?
          Hurd was a nobody when the Charlos and Lara were/are on top.
          It's only when Hurd beat Trout that he became a worthy opponent for Lara.

Comment

What a terrible article.

Fair enough not liking a fighters style but this is over the top drivel.

Hating on a BOXER so much for...wait for it....BOXING!!

Why he's at it why not write about how Floyd ruined boxing for everyone, and Rigo f'd up the lighter weights by being avoided.

Dumb article.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              I don't even understand this thing about being avoided.
              Who avoided him? The Charlos? Does that mean Haymon/Espinoza are incapable of making meaningful fights happen even in their own backyard?
              Hurd was a nobody when the Charlos and Lara were/are on top.
              It's only when Hurd beat Trout that he became a worthy opponent for Lara.
              Hey dipsh.it

You do realize that Lara and the Charlos all had the same trainer until recently

Did you want Ronnie shields to alternate rounds between Charlo and Lara if they fought

Have you noticed that once Charlo got with James both Lara and Charlo are willing to fight each other

Or is this piece of information to difficult for a dumpster baby like yourself to understand because it gets in the way of the only thing you do on this site and that is turn everything into a anti-Haymon Post

Such a f.ucking pitiful scrub , Your life must suck balls

Comment

I've always felt that Erislandy Lara would've been the only person to beat Floyd Mayweather, if he had fought Mayweather @ 154! If you wanna be the man, you've got to beat the man!

Comment

A pretty **** opinion from who is meant to be a boxing writer.

Comment

I really don’t like this idea of the writer that it’s bad for boxing if Hurd doesn’t win, just because he’s younger.
                    I’m a neutral boxing fan, and the way I look at it, the better fighter will win, and age or style has nothing to do with it.
                    If Hurd deserves to win, fair enough. If he doesn’t beat Lara, it will because he wasn’t good enough and didn’t deserve to.
                    If 154 guys can’t beat Lara, that’s their problem, it doesn’t bother me. He’s a very skilled fighter.

Comment

The Real reason is that nobody fights each other too many champions! A lot of ducking going on and also waiting for certain avoided boxers that are ignored or put on shelf until that fighter gets old or ages out of his prime!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X