Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Golovkin retired today, would he be a HOFer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    Just read another d1cksucking thread from DramaShow who seems to believe GGG is a HOFer already. What's your opinion on this? Would he be a first ballot hall of famer if he retired today?
    Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Best wins Jacobs and Brook, HOF worthy? I think not.

Then again Vitali Klitschko got in.......... popularity contest.
    Breadman Edwards has been asked this question more than once in his Daily bread mailbag. Here's what he had to say about it:

Question: Golovkin is my favorite current fighter. Do you think he is already an HoF? If not, do you think a victory in the Canelo rematch takes him over?

Bread’s Response: Yes GGG is already a HOF. He unified in an era where most don’t. He is also approaching 20 title defenses. Most thought he won his career defining fight vs Canelo. He’s not an all time great yet but he is a HOF. I wish he had more time because it seems as though the young wolves are lurking for him at this point.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daily-br...s-more--123234

Question: Is GGG a Hall of Famer? I think not lol.

Bread’s Response: Why did you ask me if you have already have the answers. Yes he’s a Hall of Famer and so is his coach Abel Sanchez. One thing I can’t stand is an idiot fan boy with no respect for boxers. Stop asking me the same question over and over expecting to get a different answer. No unified middleweight champion ever with double digit title defenses is NOT in the HOF. GGG deserves to be there because of that alone. Don’t disrespect him in my mailbag again or I will give the fans your email so they can troll you.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daily-br...spence--123926

Breadman knows what he's tallking about..

Hey Robbie .. were you the "idiot fanboy" he was replying to there?

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Breadman Edwards has been asked this question more than once in his Daily bread mailbag. Here's what he had to say about it:

Question: Golovkin is my favorite current fighter. Do you think he is already an HoF? If not, do you think a victory in the Canelo rematch takes him over?

Bread’s Response: Yes GGG is already a HOF. He unified in an era where most don’t. He is also approaching 20 title defenses. Most thought he won his career defining fight vs Canelo. He’s not an all time great yet but he is a HOF. I wish he had more time because it seems as though the young wolves are lurking for him at this point.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daily-br...s-more--123234

Question: Is GGG a Hall of Famer? I think not lol.

Bread’s Response: Why did you ask me if you have already have the answers. Yes he’s a Hall of Famer and so is his coach Abel Sanchez. One thing I can’t stand is an idiot fan boy with no respect for boxers. Stop asking me the same question over and over expecting to get a different answer. No unified middleweight champion ever with double digit title defenses is NOT in the HOF. GGG deserves to be there because of that alone. Don’t disrespect him in my mailbag again or I will give the fans your email so they can troll you.

https://www.boxingscene.com/daily-br...spence--123926

Breadman knows what he's tallking about..

Hey Robbie .. were you the "idiot fanboy" he was replying to there?
      Why should I assume he's free of bias? I could tell by his irritated response that he has personal feelings for Golovkin.

Comment

Why should I assume he's free of bias? I could tell by his irritated response that he has personal feelings for Golovkin.
        Breadman has no connection with GGG and no personal feelings for him. He obviously has a lot of respect for Golovkin as a fighter and gets annoyed when idiots who DKSAB show disrespect in their emails. Simple as that.

In his reply to the second questioner he says: "Why did you ask me if you have already have the answers?"

Same thing applies to you.

Comment

Breadman has no connection with GGG and no personal feelings for him. He obviously has a lot of respect for Golovkin as a fighter and gets annoyed when idiots who DKSAB show disrespect in their emails. Simple as that.

In his reply to the second questioner he says: "Why did you ask me if you have already have the answers?"

Same thing applies to you.
          I'm simply asking opinions, I have mine and you're entitled to yours.

So according to this guy, unifying and having a double digit number of defenses, no matter how obscure, is all it takes to be a HOFer. So I guess Felix Sturm and Arthur Arbraham were one belt short of getting inducted? gtfo

Comment

• Worse people have made it into a hall of fame at some point, wouldn't surprise me if he did get into 1 with what he's done already although that wouldn't necessarily mean much, the bar to get into a hof isn't exactly high compared to other sports.

Comment

I'm simply asking opinions, I have mine and you're entitled to yours.

So according to this guy, unifying and having a double digit number of defenses, no matter how obscure, is all it takes to be a HOFer. So I guess Felix Sturm and Arthur Arbraham were one belt short of getting inducted? gtfo
              You're not simply asking for opinions doe .. you're asking for opinions then trying to discredit them when they aren't the same as yours.

Breadman knows more about the question you asked than you, me, or anybody else who's likely to contribute to this thread.

But ok, pretend he doesn't know what he's talking about and that GGG is on the same level as Sturm or AA .. if that's what makes you happy.

Comment

You're not simply asking for opinions doe .. you're asking for opinions then trying to discredit them when they aren't the same as yours.

Breadman knows more about the question you asked than you, me, or anybody else who's likely to contribute to this thread.

But ok, pretend he doesn't know what he's talking about and that GGG is on the same level as Sturm or AA .. if that's what makes you happy.
                No, I'm providing counter arguments. That's how debating works. Not throwing silly ad hominems like you do.

His argument was that no unified middleweight champs with double digit defenses were not in the all of fame. Which means that, according to his criteria, AA and Sturm were one belt away from being HOFers. This also means that Golovkin became a HOF worhty the minute he beat David Lemieux.

Comment

No, I'm providing counter arguments. That's how debating works. Not throwing silly ad hominems like you do.

His argument was that no unified middleweight champs with double digit defenses were not in the all of fame. Which means that, according to his criteria, AA and Sturm were one belt away from being HOFers. This also means that Golovkin became a HOF worhty the minute he beat David Lemieux.
                  But Sturm and AA were not unified MW champs with double digit defences and Golovkin is.

Comment

• Yeah, he is in.

Comment

• GGG is nowhere near a hof'er by his resume or accolades. Bull**** regular WBA defenses doe. . I won't be surprised to see him get in though because other fighters with weak resumes and accolades have made it.

Comment

Working...
                      X