Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers Who Turned Out To Be Duds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenny Rainford. Beat the #1 pound for pound great in the sport, and he did it roided to the gills, had the world on his fingertips and still only went on to finish his career 2-1 after winning the biggest fight in the sport's history.

Comment

morrison
      cooney
      lacy
      broner
      khan
      breland

Comment

Gamboa was letdown but dud?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Kenny Rainford. Beat the #1 pound for pound great in the sport, and he did it roided to the gills, had the world on his fingertips and still only went on to finish his career 2-1 after winning the biggest fight in the sport's history.

War B-Suth! Gotta say that I admire you for carrying out this stuff for years now, bro. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Ann Wolfe turned out to be a dude.
            Hilarious man . Gotta give you credit . Unfortunately it went over everybody's heads on here .

Comment

Joe Smith Jr
              Kimbo Slice
              David The mule

Comment

Some people are saying Broner, which I disagree with, but I can see why people might think that. He's in this weird place where he was a shooting star that was a four-weight world champion by 25, and that was seen as proof of his future "potential" despite the fact that all of that would be seen as a glorious achievement for a fighter over the course of their entire careers. He was actually kind of hamstrung by accomplishing so much so early because he's still a young man and presumably has a long way to go before he retires, and people are looking at his losses to Maidana, Porter and Mikey as an example of wasted potential despite the fact that he arguably fulfilled his potential already in his early career. I dunno, it's hard to explain, but I hope people understand what I'm getting at.

If you ask me Audley Harrison is the textbook example of a true dud. Tall, fit heavyweight with an Olympic gold medal, and a southpaw? On paper he should have been an incredible fighter, but he struggled badly with journeyman level fighters and whenever he stepped up to the high level he got annihilated every time. David Price is definitely the same, he looked like a monster at domestic level for a while but once he stepped even a little above that level he was completely exposed. I feel like the upcoming fight with Povetkin will lbe the end of him - I think he'll be able to count himself lucky if it's just the end of his career instead of his life. Povetkin will completely obliterate him.

Comment

Originally posted by YNG View Post
                  Add Francisco Bojado, another 2000 olympian.
                  Jermain Taylor, Jeff Lacy, Brian Viloria, Audley Harrison, Mahammatkodir Abdullaev, Rocky Juarez and Clarence Vinson also did less than it was expected.
                  Cotto and Calderon ended as the best of the bunch.
                  Yea we talkin about USA Olympians but agree on the others and that Cotto and Calderon were best of 2000.

Comment

Working...
                  X