Boxers Who Turned Out To Be Duds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hond View Post
    Rakhim Chakhkiev
    this is a great example. man Chakhiev had so much hype coming up.

I'm not gonna lie I thought dude was gonna be a killer - he looked the part 100%.

But once he stepped up to that B+ level, he couldn't survive in deep waters

Comment

What about Jeff Lacy? I know - too easy.

Comment

Francois Botha the Great White Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Sh^t I'd argue Etienne was an overachiever not a dud. Guy didn't start boxing til he got sent to prison iirc. The fact he was...what maybe a top ten guy at one point...is amazing.
          I recall a lot of hype around the rhino, touted as the next Tyson. Until he met Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
            Lol TBf, doe, Price got a really raw deal.

All the dudes he lost to were steroid cheats.
            I didn't actually watch his fights when he was coming up and getting hyped, but he fights like an amateur and has one of the worst engines I've seen, he's also mentally weak, I can see it in him, and there's not many guys that show those signs.

Price for me was hyped, and despite Thompson and Teper popping for drugs, I still think he is a waste of space.... I fear for him in the Povetkin fight, I think he will quit as soon as it gets tough, he'll stay down if he gets a KD....he's just not get any heart.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              I recall a lot of hype around the rhino, touted as the next Tyson. Until he met Tyson.
              Eh there's hype with any HW KOing guys. There wasn't much expectation with him nor was he considered some talented guy who was a future title holder or was some great amateur prospect we should expect big things from.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                I didn't actually watch his fights when he was coming up and getting hyped, but he fights like an amateur and has one of the worst engines I've seen, he's also mentally weak, I can see it in him, and there's not many guys that show those signs.

Price for me was hyped, and despite Thompson and Teper popping for drugs, I still think he is a waste of space.... I fear for him in the Povetkin fight, I think he will quit as soon as it gets tough, he'll stay down if he gets a KD....he's just not get any heart.
                I agree - terrible engine. He's a 6 round fighter.

But still, he did get a raw deal. bad draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  Francois Botha the Great White Buffalo
                  LOl that was really before my time of being big into boxing, but was he ever hyped up like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
                    LOl that was really before my time of being big into boxing, but was he ever hyped up like that?

Kind of before my time too lol. I doubt he was ever hyped up that much. I just remember him fighting a washed up Tyson and sort of frustrating Tyson through a few rounds until the washed up Tyson just knocked him the hell out.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosisme View Post
                      Edison Miranda
                      Jaidon Codrington
                      Anthony Peterson
                      And the guy who KO'd Jaidon Codrington..., Allen Green.

Weren't Curtis Stevens and Jaidon Codrington referred to as "The Chin Checkers" because they trained in the same gym and they were knocking all their opponents out. They both had a good buzz going for awhile, back around 2010-ish.

Comment

Working...
                      X