Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo: I'm Ready For The Elite, I'll Recover What I've Lost!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still don't see why people are hating on the dude. I think it's just a case of Top Rank doing a bad promotional job.

Comment

If I remember correctly ... Arum had invested money in him and was trying to move him pretty quickly . Marketing him as the Next Puerto Rican star . Until he got injured , put up some stickers and Top Rank got Iffy about him . I honestly thought Arum had lost all confidence in this guy being a star . But with Arum Everyone serves a purpose.

Comment

oK gais this time im really ready trust me

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
          Still don't see why people are hating on the dude. I think it's just a case of Top Rank doing a bad promotional job.
          If you notice the only people hating are the mejecanitos, like Verdejo stole their gueeritas.

To be honest though, the kid had lost alot of focus before the accident. In his last few fights before he was looking beatable, against guys he should have mopped. But the talent is evident, he just needs the focus. I just hope he gained that with all the time off.

Comment

And what awaits him is a somewhat dangerous fight, according to his own coach, Ricky Marquez.

And that opponent is Lozada Jr., 27, a fighter who brings with him the experience of 40 matches, of which he has won 38 and 32 of those by way of the knockout.
            pfft yea sure....

won vs some bums and actually lost to massa ortiz

verdejo better not lose to this guy cuz imo he has a swollen record

Comment

Top rank always bRings up guys slowly. Especially ones arums thinks will be a cash cow. Verdejo was primed to be the next Trinidad. Arum was salivating. Verdejo being a young kid with lots of money did they obvious.. got on a bike and acted a fool. Messed himself up.

Further he needs a new trainer. Or at least bring in body punching. That what he lacks. He got accustomed to head hunting.
              Last edited by Don Pichardo; 03-13-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                Too rank always br Nvs up guys slowly. Especially ones arums thinks will be a cash cow. Verdejo was primed to be the next Trinidad. Arum was salivating. Verdejo being a young kid with lots of money did they obvious.. got on a bike and acted a fool. Messed himself up.

Further he need a new trainer. Or at least bring in body punching. That what he lacks. He got accustomed to head hunting.
                Ahh I see, thanks bro.

But might I add, he yung doe.

Comment

Oh right, I vaguely remember the accident now. Thanks bro.
                  this people right here sleeping on Verdejo, ive seen plenty of boxers with less natural and physical gifts wins titles in different divisions... lets see, I trust on Verdejo skills and him to come back and be one of the top dogs in the future.

Comment

Verdejo needs a trainer change. I've been saying that for a while. I'm not even one of those people that says fighters should trainers often, except with Verdejo and Usyk.
                    If he wants to be technical why not go with one of the Cuban coaches, like Pedro Diaz? Just a suggestion.

Comment

Anyone know why he was off for a year, and why he's receiving a hard time in this thread?

He looked the part when I saw him way back, but not sure why he hasn't broken out onto the world scene yet?
                      He was involved in an incident and then he reckless had a motorcycle accident after he was told not to risk his career riding those things.

He is not a bad guy but he is young and dumb

Comment

Working...
                      X