Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo: I'm Ready For The Elite, I'll Recover What I've Lost!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
    TKO 10rnd...
    Bust is a bust...
    Well I man up and can say I was wrong. It's sad cuz the kid does have the talent.

Comment

I don't know what you guys were looking at? Ever since 2016 I knew this guy wasn't going to do sh it. He became Felix Pendejo in 2016. I knew from then he wasn't cut from the same clothe as Cotto or Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
        Well I man up and can say I was wrong. It's sad cuz the kid does have the talent.
        And i respect that!
        Verdejo needs a fresh start....
        New coach
        No friends
        New location...
        Maybe even new promoter

Comment

He is still young and very talented.

Him and Imam can bounce back no problem.

Comment

I didn’t see greatness in Felix, but he is talented. It’s impossible to know for sure how good someone really is until they’re tested. We’ve reached a point in boxing where fans think that first loss is the end of the world. It’s not. This kid can come back better than ever. How good he really is remains to be seen. I’m not saying Verdejo will be great. I’m saying we really don’t know his true potential yet. He had a lot of challenges in recent times, injuries and time off. It’s not surprising his first loss came at this moment. It’ll be interesting to see what this setback does for Felix. Will he fold, or will he rise to the challenge? We’ll know soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
              And i respect that!
              Verdejo needs a fresh start....
              New coach
              No friends
              New location...
              Maybe even new promoter

I have said this since before his accident. He was already showing signs of being undisciplined.

He was getting taken the distance with nobody's. He would show flashes early of his Olympic self, then start relying on heavy punches, then gas, and make the fights closer then they had to be.

First thing I said was get rid of his trainer, make a big change, move from PR where everyone was hyping him to be the next Tito. Somewhere like Big Bear where he could find his self, and learn to not load up and waste all of his stamina.

Bob Arum was the issue early by putting the guy in with tomato cans trying to build him up, that failed because we could never see the stamina issues. Now they are evident. He needs to find the balance, but he is technically solid as they come. Just lazy, full of stamina issues, and concentration issues.

Sucks because I have talked with the kid on two separate occasions and he is super humble.

I am gonna have to eat dog **** for years because I still believe in the kid. But if he does not make a change he will be more of Juanma than what he was touted to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I didn’t see greatness in Felix, but he is talented. It’s impossible to know for sure how good someone really is until they’re tested. We’ve reached a point in boxing where fans think that first loss is the end of the world. It’s not. This kid can come back better than ever. How good he really is remains to be seen. I’m not saying Verdejo will be great. I’m saying we really don’t know his true potential yet. He had a lot of challenges in recent times, injuries and time off. It’s not surprising his first loss came at this moment. It’ll be interesting to see what this setback does for Felix. Will he fold, or will he rise to the challenge? We’ll know soon enough.
                I saw greatness, he had a blend of great technical balance with speed.

But like you said it tough to see until they are tested. This blame goes solely on Bob Arum. He waited to long to start challenging the kid:

His 7th fight- Went the distance with a nobody
                His 9th fight- Went the distance with another nobody

Right there is were bob should have put him in with a puncher, and someone that could go the distance. This may have put the kid in a mentality of "ohhh I am not all that they are saying, I need to work". But Bob Kept giving him tomato cans. Cotto had 9 fights before they put him in with a true test, and was fighting for a title on his 14th fight. Very stark difference than that of Verdejo.

But at the end of the day its up to the kid to show up. ZEROEXCUSES.

Now is what we see what his is made of. If I am Verdejo I ask Bob for an rematch right away, find a new trainer and location, and get to work focused. Then we will see.

Comment

I saw greatness, he had a blend of great technical balance with speed.

But like you said it tough to see until they are tested. This blame goes solely on Bob Arum. He waited to long to start challenging the kid:

His 7th fight- Went the distance with a nobody
                  His 9th fight- Went the distance with another nobody

Right there is were bob should have put him in with a puncher, and someone that could go the distance. This may have put the kid in a mentality of "ohhh I am not all that they are saying, I need to work". But Bob Kept giving him tomato cans. Cotto had 9 fights before they put him in with a true test, and was fighting for a title on his 14th fight. Very stark difference than that of Verdejo.

But at the end of the day its up to the kid to show up. ZEROEXCUSES.

Now is what we see what his is made of. If I am Verdejo I ask Bob for an rematch right away, find a new trainer and location, and get to work focused. Then we will see.
                  I don’t completely disagree with what you’re saying. I think you might have a point. But not everyone is the same. Not everyone can be a star. Cotto is Cotto. Maybe Felix would’ve risen to the challenge, maybe not. If he didn’t, we'd probably be talking about how Arum brought him up too fast. Lol

But I do agree Verdejo should rematch Lozada ASAP. It would be major motivation to avenge his first loss. Then we would have a better idea what Felix is made of. Do or die.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    I don’t completely disagree with what you’re saying. I think you might have a point. But not everyone is the same. Not everyone can be a star. Cotto is Cotto. Maybe Felix would’ve risen to the challenge, maybe not. If he didn’t, we'd probably be talking about how Arum brought him up too fast. Lol

But I do agree Verdejo should rematch Lozada ASAP. It would be major motivation to avenge his first loss. Then we would have a better idea what Felix is made of. Do or die.
                    It will be a make or break, if he loses he may just not be able to get away from that loss ever. If he wins they're will probably be another rematch.

Comment

It will be a make or break, if he loses he may just not be able to get away from that loss ever. If he wins they're will probably be another rematch.
                      He can rebuild after this one loss, but another L too soon and he’s toast. Sounds like Arum already has one foot out the door. Felix has to get his ass in gear if he’s gonna save his career. Then again, maybe he was never good enough to be a star. Time will tell, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X