No announcement yet.

was ward kovalev 2 a fair stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    He was looking at the ref because he'd been hit low. Floyd did exactly the same thing when he was hit low by NcTapper. It's the standard response to that type of foul.
    I don't mean he was looking literally at that instance.

I mean the wheels were coming off rapidly and he was looking for a way out the fight.

Comment

Poll says it all. Common sense wins.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I don't mean he was looking literally at that instance.

I mean the wheels were coming off rapidly and he was looking for a way out the fight.

Is that the new excuse for cheating a man?

What happened to ... he was done anyway?

Comment

NSB will vote no. Nothing is ever fair when their favored fighter gets the short end of the stick.

Pointless thread.

Comment

I think Ward was going to win that night no matter what from how the fight was playing out, but that stoppage was lame as ****. Weird, awkward, and might have been a combinations of illegal and legal body shots. I wish the ref gave a count at least so we could have seen a better ending.

Comment

Nah it was a bad stoppage. Really bad for such a big fight. There would have been much more of a stink about it if Ward wasn't so much in control.

Comment

I guess 72% of us are white racist supremacists that hate on the Son Of God

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
                  Stoppage sucked, but kovalev was done anyway, he wasnt going to make it to the 12th he was gassed and looking for a way out.
                  He was "gassed" the same way Kostya Tszyu was gassed after repeated Hatton low blows. If memory serves me, Kostya hit low in return, Hutton went to the floor rolling and was given time to recover while Kostya was warned. So "fouling in return" as some are suggesting does not work against the home fighter if the fix is in place.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Is that the new excuse for cheating a man?

What happened to ... he was done anyway?
                    No not at all.

Just an observation.

We will never know the actual conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                      He was "gassed" the same way Kostya Tszyu was gassed after repeated Hatton low blows. If memory serves me, Kostya hit low in return, Hutton went to the floor rolling and was given time to recover while Kostya was warned. So "fouling in return" as some are suggesting does not work against the home fighter if the fix is in place.
                      I'm going off memory but I am pretty sure that didn't happen.

Hatton actually hit Kosta Tszyu low in retaliation to his low blow. To which Tszyu went to the floor.

Comment

Working...
                      X