No announcement yet.

was ward kovalev 2 a fair stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
    Exactly. Kovalev wanted out, the stoppage only stole a truly career defining highlight KO from Ward
    Yep now try explaining that to all these fanboys.

Comment

Yes.

Totally.

Comment

People in this thread acting as if there's never been a fighter in history who's been wobbled and gone on to recover...

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
          Someone alerted me to this poll/thread...I guess it's time to set the record straight and hurt some feelings again...

As of right now, 74 people are dead wrong saying it wasn't a fair stoppage...embarrassingly wrong.

My thoughts are they are either anti-American garbage fans, were Kovalev nuthuggers, or don't know The Sport as well as they thought they did...among other possibilities...

Here ya go, kids...

Weeks did a tremendous job...as an advanced, veteran ref of his stature is expected to do...he recognized Kovalev's high belt and pointed out what would be deemed "low", took Kovalev's crying over legal shots and overall body language into consideration, and stopped the fight to preserve the fighter's safety...

If you don't believe or know all this in your heart, you will die an ignorant, wannabe Boxing fan...that's all I can say...

I will not debate this with any of you as all of the above are FACTS...that is the way refs are trained on low blows and when to stop fights.

#ClassDismissed
          What does near to borderline mean? On his trunks? Much was made about how high Kovalev's belt was which was a bunch of BS. You can see his belly button during the instructions and Weeks signals inches below it is "good". Granted Kovalev was in trouble, Weeks still should have taken a point away and given him 5 minutes to recover.
          Also people need to quit with the ad hominem attacks. Because even a racist or fanboy or an "Anti-American" is capable of speaking the truth.
          Last edited by SAINTSTEVE; 02-27-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            You're the one bringing up dicks and homesexuality, but keep those thoughts in your head. Must have been weird being raised by two faggot fathers, but deal with it.
            Your grandmother

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
              Your grandmother
              ...Would easily beat up both of your faggot fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                ...Would easily beat up both of your faggot fathers.
                More power to her. Shes more of a man than you.

Comment

Working...
                X