No announcement yet.

was ward kovalev 2 a fair stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Kovolev was looking to get out, the was hurt by a legit body shot, bent over against the ropes, backpedaled still bent over into the next set of ropes, looking at the ref to stop it. Ward jumped him and threw questionable shots right as the ref stopped it.

It’s not a fluke stoppage

i didn't say it was a fluke. the better fighter won the fight. i said it was a stoppage on low blows, which was definitely the case. a clean stoppage looked like it was pretty much sealed but that does not matter! it doesn't affect whether or not the punches were low or how you should officiate them. those shots were low and weeks did not do his job. kovalev should have been given up to five minutes, and ward should have been warned or have had points taken away. those weren't the first low blows, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Neither Ward or the ref could see where the punch was landing because Kovalev was bent over.

Kovalev was finished and looking for a way out.
      It's understandable that Weeks missed it, but if he had have seen it, he was obligated to treat it as (at the least) an accidental foul. It wouldn't have changed the course or the outcome of the fight IMO, but the rules are pretty clear.

Comment

no. wasn't fair at all

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i didn't say it was a fluke. the better fighter won the fight. i said it was a stoppage on low blows, which was definitely the case. a clean stoppage looked like it was pretty much sealed but that does not matter! it doesn't affect whether or not the punches were low or how you should officiate them. those shots were low and weeks did not do his job. kovalev should have been given up to five minutes, and ward should have been warned or have had points taken away. those weren't the first low blows, either.
          Exactly.

People say Kovalev was looking at weeks to stop the fight... No, he was looking at him to do something about the low blows ward was landing on him.

Comment

wow a year later still butthurt, feelsgoodman

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Not really.

But Kovalev was looking for a way out.
              He was looking at the ref because he'd been hit low. Floyd did exactly the same thing when he was hit low by NcTapper. It's the standard response to that type of foul.

Comment

It was so surreal. How the ref made that call with where those punches were going was bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
                  I wish the ref let it continue as then kovalev really would have no excuses
                  Do you really believe that? They will still cry & make up excuses. I mean look how lil g lost two in a row & they think he won but STILL make excuses for lil g. smh

Comment

I think he should of been given 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      Bull**** on the first sentence.

Nobody is putting Kovalev in with non punchers, Barrera chose to fight Bivol, Beterbiev is back to his usual inactivity, Gvozdyk was going to fight Alvarez for the WBC Eliminator, but Eleider is a huge *****, and Stevenson is fighting Jack. So who was Kovalev supposed to fight?

Early on in his career, Kovalev fought Darnell Boone, who is a strong puncher, and rumors are that he did drop Kovalev but Kovalev still won the fight by Decision, and in the rematch, Kovalev stopped Boone in 3 rounds.

So your whole little speech is just full of garbage not even worthy to be called hore****.
                      Eat a divk on the first sentence ***gvt. Im not a gay fanboy like most of you people on this site. I like boxing amd facts are facts. I can tell you’re a divkrider. Kovalev hasnt fought any punchers. I been watching him since those nbcsport fights. Before hbo *****head. So you can miss me with that azzwipe. I really wish this was a round table and not an online platform frfr. You dudes never use facts. Just manlove. I know its a new day and age. But its still no **** over here puto

Comment

Working...
                      X