No announcement yet.

Floyd was terrified of Margo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    the truth is, margarito was a tree that floyd took a pass on chopping down...
    yup, you are correct

yet strictly discussing this video, *Floyd is terrified.

Comment

Back then Tony was a tough match up for Floyd. Tony was huge, had a stupid chin, put non stop pressure and endless stamina. Floyd also had very bad hands. Its really not hard to see how stylistically Tony would have given Floyd a nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        I never understood this. Afraid?

Did he think Margarito was going to jump on him and begin throwing punches right then and there?

Both of these dudes are more civilized than that, obviously. There was nothing to be afraid of.

By the way, he said he'd fight him if he could also get Cotto, Hatton, and De La Hoya.

Arum said no.

Floyd said peace. Then he got...Cotto, Hatton, De La Hoya, and Shane after he beat the living shlt out of Margarito.
        that was after he turned down marg and fought sharmba

by the way he priced himself out of those negotiations on purpose asking for a 20 million guarantee to fight hoya. obvously that was craziness as he accepted a 10 million guarantee 6 months later to fight hoya. not sure why people bring this up as proof he wanted to fight marg when its the exact opposite. he put a poison pill in the negotiations as they say in order to get out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          What’s so scary about blocking punches with your face?
          Its scary when you have egg shells as fists which Floyd has/had especially at that point of his career and the guy you are hitting in the face just smiles at you and keep coming and doesnt gas.

Floyd would have won but Tony would have given Floyd a nightmare because Tony's syle, attributes and floyds fragile hands.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            why are you making up these fantasy options for him? it wasnt fight either marg or canelo. just read this.

Arum and Diaz say that the 'Pretty Boy' was offered in the neighborhood of $7 million to face Margarito. In what could best be described as a 'business move', the same guy who brazenly challenged the bigger Winky Wright decided to bypass Margarito, to collect nearly $4 million to spar with Sharmba Mitchell.

"Flat turned him down like you can not believe," Arum said of Mayweather when he was offered a chance at the WBO title. "Any time we raised his name, Mayweather went crazy." He's a ballsy guy but his people have told him that Margarito is the most dangerous guy for him out there."

also if you cant tell that canelo is a much easier style matchup then i dont know what to tell you. overall is canelo better? possibly but as a matchup hes much easier. the guy is almost 100 percent a counterpuncher. marg is the exact opposite so no surprise floyd woul take the canelo fight and not the marg one. it was a duck but sometimes you gotta duck to get ahead in boxing so i understand

Flat out lie and I've already told you that it was a lie and proven it. He broke his contract from Arum at that time to fight with Goosen Tutor.

HBO had no interest in a Mayweather Margarito fight.

Breaking the contract with Arum and signing with Goosen Tutor for one fight was what allowed him to ultimately break the contract with Arum for good and make millions more.

Stop spreading lies. This can all be verified and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              that was after he turned down marg and fought sharmba

by the way he priced himself out of those negotiations on purpose asking for a 20 million guarantee to fight hoya. obvously that was craziness as he accepted a 10 million guarantee 6 months later to fight hoya. not sure why people bring this up as proof he wanted to fight marg when its the exact opposite. he put a poison pill in the negotiations as they say in order to get out of them.
              STOP ****ING LYING.

He broke his contract with Arum at that time, and HBO helped him to do it. HBO didn't give two shlts about Margarito and Mayweather wanted out of the Arum contract because he wasn't allowing him to get the fights he wanted AND Arum was already ripping Floyd off. He didn't pay him what was owed for the Gatti fight and Arum admit he didn't pay him all that was owed.

WE ALREADY WENT THROUGH THIS AND YOU KNOW IT. He got 25 million for De La Hoya and didn't have to rely on a guarantee to get it.

Dude, you should know your lies don't work on me. I have facts and evidence.
              Last edited by travestyny; 01-19-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                Flo from Progressive might not be terrified but *Floyd (at least in this video), *Floyd looks terrified.

Can you find another video of *Floyd acting in this manner? Can you show a video of this same body language and behavior towards someone else?

It's fine to say *Floyd isn't terrified, but at least in THIS video, you can say that he is right?
                I didn't even watch the video. Unless you have him saying "I'm terrified to fight Margarito" or he's running away then it's all the same BS. I'm not a body language expert so I wouldn't know.

Seriously, the Mayweather is scared of fight A, B, C videos aren't funny. Mayweather struggling to read IS funny. Mayweather on Dancing with the Stars... Hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  I didn't even watch the video. Unless you have him saying "I'm terrified to fight Margarito" or he's running away then it's all the same BS. I'm not a body language expert so I wouldn't know.

Seriously, the Mayweather is scared of fight A, B, C videos aren't funny. Mayweather struggling to read IS funny. Mayweather on Dancing with the Stars... Hilarious!
                  Yea this video just has *Floyd stuttering more than usual, during conversation he for no apparent reason continues to look over his shoulder, and when asked questions he fumbles them as if he was reading.

But you're right, *Floyd struggling to read and on dancing with the stars is pretty funny too.

But if you get a chance, check the video out and see for yourself, may not be funny to some, but it is fair to say that he ISN'T acting his usual self, even though many continue to say that's just how he is.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                    Its scary when you have egg shells as fists which Floyd has/had especially at that point of his career and the guy you are hitting in the face just smiles at you and keep coming and doesnt gas.

Floyd would have won but Tony would have given Floyd a nightmare because Tony's syle, attributes and floyds fragile hands.
                    correct.

once again it's one of those things that when something is/can be tough for *Floyd, *Floyd goes the other way. I mean come on, ducking Khan not once but two times for crying out loud

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      Flat out lie and I've already told you that it was a lie and proven it. He broke his contract from Arum at that time to fight with Goosen Tutor.

HBO had no interest in a Mayweather Margarito fight.

Breaking the contract with Arum and signing with Goosen Tutor for one fight was what allowed him to ultimately break the contract with Arum for good and make millions more.

Stop spreading lies. This can all be verified and you know it.
                      you didn't prove anything. you don't comprehend what you are posting. you never ask yourself why did he break his contract? because he didn't want to fight margarito. you somehow spin that into he had to leave to get fights? makes no sense. hbo didn't want marg-mayweather but they wanted floyd-sharmba? makes no sense. once again you are conflating 2 different things. you took a different quote about hbo not wanting to show marg as a headliner and are pretending that means they didnt want him to fight floyd. very dishonest. there is no way they would reject that fight and you know it. he left arum for one fight cause arum wanted him to fight marg. its actually more proof on my side and for my arguement but you cant comprehend what you are even posting. just like the 20 milion guarantee thing.
                      Last edited by daggum; 01-19-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X