Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd was terrified of Margo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was floyd afraid of marg?? prolly not... was he afraid of marg stepping up to him in person and putting him on the spot as to why he wont fight him, yes!!

this is why floyd kept looking over his shoulders. he didnt want marg to come up to him and put him on the spot in front of everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      STOP ****ING LYING.

He broke his contract with Arum at that time, and HBO helped him to do it. HBO didn't give two shlts about Margarito and Mayweather wanted out of the Arum contract because he wasn't allowing him to get the fights he wanted AND Arum was already ripping Floyd off. He didn't pay him what was owed for the Gatti fight and Arum admit he didn't pay him all that was owed.

WE ALREADY WENT THROUGH THIS AND YOU KNOW IT. He got 25 million for De La Hoya and didn't have to rely on a guarantee to get it.

Dude, you should know your lies don't work on me. I have facts and evidence.
      you don't know how guarantees work...embarrassing.

why did he demand a 20 million guarantee with arum and then accept 10 million 6 months later? there is no defense for that and you know it. if he was happy to accept 10 million why did he ask for 20??? derppppp its called pricing yourself out to kill the negotiations. the fact he made a lot more than the guarantee has absolutely nothing to do with how much he asked for. why didnt he demand a 20 million guarantee from hoya? cause he knew he couldnt get it! he knew neither arum or hoya would give him 20. they both knew it. do you have critical thinking? if he had left arum and hoya had given him a 20 million guarantee as he wanted you would have a point cept that didn't happen which proves his demands were full of sh-it. you cant put that together?
      Last edited by daggum; 01-19-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I went to the dodge theater in Arizona in 2004 to see Rafael marquez vs pete frissina. co-main event was antonio margarito vs Hercules kyvelos. Floyd was there to support one of his guys, wes ferguson. he was with a small crew, no big bodyguards, etc. Floyd was fresh with a nice blue linen outfit. I sat close by and heard him commenting on margarita, saying how he was "easy work", was slow and flat footed, and what he would do to him, etc. he was watching him very closely, and it lasted only two rounds. this was a prime margarito, a real nasty mofo. he had a helluva chin, and endless stamina. hit hit hard and he threw 100 punches a round, mostly uppercuts and body shots. he looped his punches, but he knew what he was doing, and it was his time. there was a lot of talk at the time that margarito wanted floyd and that floyd should take the fight for the fans. there was talk that Floyd was ducking him. publicly, Floyd was quiet on the issue, very similar to how many fighters are now quiet about facing spence or Crawford. a few months after that day, I saw an interviewer ask Floyd if he would be willing to face margarito. and Floyd's reply with a serious, almost confused look was, "who is Antonio margarito? I don't even know who he is". this always struck me as strange, since I saw him with my own two eyes watching and commenting on margarita when he fought kyvelos months before. he was definitely well aware of who margarito was when he told the interviewer that, so i'm not sure if this was his attempt at being sarcastic, or if it was something else. if anything, what I took away from that was that Floyd says very different things privately than he does publicly. he is very smart, and strategic. if he truly ducked the man, so be it. only Floyd knows the truth

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          you didn't prove anything. you don't comprehend what you are posting. you never ask yourself why did he break his contract?
          BECAUSE BOB ARUM WAS RIPPING HIM OFF!!!!

Mayweather filed a lawsuit against Arum on March 7 in Clark County (Nev.) District Court, claiming he is owed money from his two pay-per-view fights with his former promoter, against Arturo Gatti in 2005 and Zab Judah in 2006.

Mayweather claims he was supposed to receive 85 percent of Top Rank's net revenues from the Gatti fight (which was co-promoted by Main Events), and 80 percent of its net from the Judah fight (co-promoted by Don King), on top of base purses of $3.1 million and $5 million, respectively.

Arum counters that his company, Top Rank Inc., does owe Mayweather money, but that the Grand Rapids boxing champion owes the company even more, so payment was withheld. He said he plans to countersue Mayweather and other unspecified individuals involved with the boxer.

In October 2005, Top Rank sued HBO, Mayweather, Haymon, and Goossen-Tutor Promotions, alleging contractual interference for arranging a Mayweather-Sharmba Mitchell fight without the promoter's consent.

Included in that filing was a letter, from HBO to Top Rank, in which the network disclosed plans to opt out of its then five-year-old contract with Mayweather and Top Rank, which effectively would break the promoter's ties to the fighter, since a single three-way contract bound all the parties together.

Arum was flabbergasted, since HBO had no intention of breaking ties with Mayweather, but withdrew the lawsuit the same month it was filed,after agreeing to a new two-year contract. The new deal included a $750,000 buyout, which Mayweather exercised less than six months later, after beating Judah, so he could pursue a fight with Oscar De La Hoya.

http://blog.mlive.com/mayweather/200...nge_legal.html
          NOT TO MENTION HE WAS STOPPING HIM FROM GETTING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!

CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU NOW?

Comment

you don't know how guarantees work...embarrassing.

Why did he demand a 20 million guarantee with arum and then accept 10 million 6 months later? There is no defense for that and you know it. If he was happy to accept 10 million why did he ask for 20??? Derppppp its called pricing yourself out to kill the negotiations. The fact he made a lot more than the guarantee has absolutely nothing to do with how much he asked for. Why didnt he demand a 20 million guarantee from hoya? Cause he knew he couldnt get it! He knew neither arum or hoya would give him 20. They both knew it. Do you have critical thinking? If he had left arum and hoya had given him a 20 million guarantee as he wanted you would have a point cept that didn't happen which proves his demands were full of sh-it. You cant put that together?

I explained this to you already:

after buying himself out of his top rank contract, mayweather took unprecedented control over his career. rather than getting paid a large guaranteed fee up front by a promotor like top rank — as is the norm across the sport — mayweather stages his fights himself and takes a cut of the total revenue on the back end.

greg bishop described it like this for the new york times in 2011:

"he earns a percentage of every ticket purchased, every pretzel consumed, every poster sold. He will earn from countries that paid for broadcasting rights and the theaters where the fight is shown.

"mayweather, regarded as one of the best boxers in history, fights under a highly unusual financial structure, exchanging upfront risk for back-end profit while retaining total control."

after distributors and networks get their cut, mayweather gets a bigger piece of the remaining revenue than anyone else in the sport.
            http://www.businessinsider.com/floyd...op-rank-2015-4
            try to read it and comprehend it this time!!! HE MADE MORE MONEY DOING IT HIS WAY THAN HE WOULD HAVE EVER MADE WITH ARUM, YOU DOPE.
            Last edited by travestyny; 01-19-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              I explained this to you already:

you didn't answer any of my points. why demand a 20 million guarantee then take 10 6 months later? why did he price himself out of the negotiations? you do understand he did that right? why do you keep bringing up he made 25 when the guarantee was 10? top rank was ripping him off so he signed a new 2 year contract with them hmmm ok great stuff you have there. they were ripping him off so he had to fight sharmba for less money hmmm great stuff.

Comment

Smartest move

Floyd went with his gut instinct and was right !! Margo plaster could've damaged Floyd like Cotto , he was never the same after that illegal beating !! **** Margo cheato

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  was floyd afraid of marg?? prolly not... was he afraid of marg stepping up to him in person and putting him on the spot as to why he wont fight him, yes!!

this is why floyd kept looking over his shoulders. he didnt want marg to come up to him and put him on the spot in front of everyone.
                  again stop with the facts, you know it means nothing here.

bu bu bu bu bu bu bu *Floyd always act like dat doe, bu I don't got no other videos to show dat doe.

Comment

you didn't answer any of my points. why demand a 20 million guarantee then take 10 6 months later? why did he price himself out of the negotiations? you do understand he did that right? why do you keep bringing up he made 25 when the guarantee was 10?
                    YES I DID ANSWER YOUR POINTS. What part of my post don't you understand.

He asked Arum, who was already ripping him off (a fact that Arum confirms) for a guarantee of 20 million for De La Hoya. Arum said he would not make the fight period.

You're stuck on guarantees when the link clearly says that he was able to structure his deal so that he doesn't need to rely on a guarantee to make the money he wanted.

Simple question will end this:

Does he make $25 million with Arum for De La Hoya? Yes or no?

top rank was ripping him off so he signed a new 2 year contract with them hmmm ok great stuff you have there. they were ripping him off so he had to fight sharmba for less money hmmm great stuff.
                    Can you read? He bought out his contract after one return fight, foolio. Breaking his contract with Arum was what allowed him to make $25million with De La Hoya and $10 million with Hatton in the first place. That was the smartest move he ever made and here you are saying that he should have accepted what Arum who was admittedly ripping him off in the first place claimed would be 7 million for a fight that even HBO wasn't on board with, and throwing away over 25 million. Cool story, bro

So what the hell are you talking about with 2 years? Contract was bought out in less than 6 months
                    Last edited by travestyny; 01-19-2018, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                      I went to the dodge theater in Arizona in 2004 to see Rafael marquez vs pete frissina. co-main event was antonio margarito vs Hercules kyvelos. Floyd was there to support one of his guys, wes ferguson. he was with a small crew, no big bodyguards, etc. Floyd was fresh with a nice blue linen outfit. I sat close by and heard him commenting on margarita, saying how he was "easy work", was slow and flat footed, and what he would do to him, etc. he was watching him very closely, and it lasted only two rounds. this was a prime margarito, a real nasty mofo. he had a helluva chin, and endless stamina. hit hit hard and he threw 100 punches a round, mostly uppercuts and body shots. he looped his punches, but he knew what he was doing, and it was his time. there was a lot of talk at the time that margarito wanted floyd and that floyd should take the fight for the fans. there was talk that Floyd was ducking him. publicly, Floyd was quiet on the issue, very similar to how many fighters are now quiet about facing spence or Crawford. a few months after that day, I saw an interviewer ask Floyd if he would be willing to face margarito. and Floyd's reply with a serious, almost confused look was, "who is Antonio margarito? I don't even know who he is". this always struck me as strange, since I saw him with my own two eyes watching and commenting on margarita when he fought kyvelos months before. he was definitely well aware of who margarito was when he told the interviewer that, so i'm not sure if this was his attempt at being sarcastic, or if it was something else. if anything, what I took away from that was that Floyd says very different things privately than he does publicly. he is very smart, and strategic. if he truly ducked the man, so be it. only Floyd knows the truth
                      thanks for sharing, nice story (although you could've left out what he was wearing, that was pretty gay lol)

Comment

Working...
                      X