No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Returning To The Sport, Matchroom Bound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
    He got Sky but Showtime is Mayweather's Network and HBO is Canelo and GGG.He only got Joshua and that is it so i dont know why you're getting too worried.I do like Hearn more than Warren who was worse but his PPV's,obsession with effing Katie Taylor boils me up.Joshua-Wilder is really the only fight i'm looking forward to involving a British Fighter.Hearn dominates the UK but he dont dominate the market that matters the most which is the US.That is Al Haymon/Top Rank/Golden Boy Lockdown,so relax,he will never get a Exclusive Contract with HBO/Showtime the way he does with Sky so he all right
    Pretty sure he's already landed a deal with Showtime for AJ. Pretty sure he's got Jacobs on with HBO with a similar mutli-fight deal. He just did the same for Khan with Sky which broke the bank.

Hearn is currently the only promoter to work with all these networks. He doesn't need an exclusive long term deal like he has with Sky for the rest of his stable. He wants the best deal for each fighter he has and wants good working relationships with these networks for his future stars.

Building a relationship with these networks is something Frank Warren could never do. Hearn has successfully gone international and his Matchroom USA venture will slowly do well. Still hate the cúnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
      Pretty sure he's already landed a deal with Showtime for AJ. Pretty sure he's got Jacobs on with HBO with a similar mutli-fight deal. He just did the same for Khan with Sky which broke the bank.

Hearn is currently the only promoter to work with all these networks. He doesn't need an exclusive long term deal like he has with Sky for the rest of his stable. He wants the best deal for each fighter he has and wants good working relationships with these networks for his future stars.

Building a relationship with these networks is something Frank Warren could never do. Hearn has successfully gone international and his Matchroom USA venture will slowly do well. Still hate the cúnt.
      Yes you do you need Exclusivity on a Network which gives you a Monopoly.Imagine if Sky allowed Frank Warren to put on shows for them,do you think Hearn would be as cosy as he is now.Hearn does not have a Contract with HBO,JACOBS has a contract with HBO and he is still advised by Al Haymon.Joshua has a agreement with Showtime,i suspect that will change into AJ Bxing soon.But Eddie does not have a Monoply YET and the Majority of Top Fighters are still with other Companies

Comment

Yes you do you need Exclusivity on a Network which gives you a Monopoly.Imagine if Sky allowed Frank Warren to put on shows for them,do you think Hearn would be as cosy as he is now.Hearn does not have a Contract with HBO,JACOBS has a contract with HBO and he is still advised by Al Haymon.Joshua has a agreement with Showtime,i suspect that will change into AJ Bxing soon.But Eddie does not have a Monoply YET and the Majority of Top Fighters are still with other Companies
        It's business. You get your fingers in as many pies as possible whilst they're warm. You do not need exclusivity. Hearns real and primary market is the UK and always will be. He has the casuals eating out of the palms of his hands because his events are so accessible they're family friendly.

All Hearn needs is the right fighter for the right network with the right deal to make it look like he runs boxing. This is why I said Hearn is a very clever and calculating man. He's secured his cash cow with Showtime. He's secured his token American in Jacobs with HBO. He's secured his insurance policy and market versatility in Khan with Sky. Hearn isn't stupid. All of those guys will pave the way for Josh Kelly.

Hearn will have such a good relationship with all of these networks soon that eventually an exclusive network deal in America will not be far off when he turns Josh Kelly into a PPV star and he will.

Hearns first victim in the promotion game will probably be Lou Di Bella who is a rubbish promoter. Lou is more like a proxy for Al Haymon. Hearn already works with Haymon fighters and what's to say if it makes business sense Haymon won't just replace Di Bella with Hearn?

Like I said I really don't like Hearn but I'm honest enough to not lie about his capabilities as a businessman. He is the best at what he does, unfortunately.

Comment

Aww looks like this one is mad and doesn't understand how the British boxing market shifts tickets with Matchroom and StubHub. Must be a Yank envying the financial power of British boxing.

Stay cute, son.
          There's no anger. You just don't make sense.

If one person has never had attendance for a fight greater than 30000 (Showtime puts the number at 27000+), and the other person has never run a building bigger than 22000 (Manchester Arena for McKloskey; no idea what the event did, but I doubt it was a sell out), why in the **** would any company risk their ass on buying 60k face value tickets and hope to flip them?

You have no answer so you deflect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            There's no anger. You just don't make sense.

If one person has never had attendance for a fight greater than 30000 (Showtime puts the number at 27000+), and the other person has never run a building bigger than 22000 (Manchester Arena for McKloskey; no idea what the event did, but I doubt it was a sell out), why in the **** would any company risk their ass on buying 60k face value tickets and hope to flip them?

You have no answer so you deflect.
            You see you're missing the facts. Khan never sold well in the UK because boxing was on the slide and boxing wasn't as big in the UK when he last fought here. Boxing was almost dead here. There was no StubHub.

Yet Khan still managed to put 11,000 inside of Sheffield with a NOBODY. That's right in Brooks own hometown. That's WITHOUT StubHub or the Matchroom machine. Nobody could do those numbers in a RIVALS city. Facts.

Also where the fúck are you getting 60,000 from?? Did you even go to school? No, for real, did you? You're plucking numbers out of your arsé.

StubHub didn't even get 30,000 with AJ vs Klitschko. They always get LESS than a third.

Face it. You're a salty American who can't understand how StubHub and Matchroom works. Or how big this rivalry is. Or how much the British love grudge matches. Or how big boxing in Britain really is. They can and will market this fight anything from 50,000 to 70,000 easily and this is something I'll bet you good money on.

So, you know, don't be mad. Put your money up. Or is betting against your religion or something? If so, we can work around that too.

Comment

It's business. You get your fingers in as many pies as possible whilst they're warm. You do not need exclusivity. Hearns real and primary market is the UK and always will be. He has the casuals eating out of the palms of his hands because his events are so accessible they're family friendly.

All Hearn needs is the right fighter for the right network with the right deal to make it look like he runs boxing. This is why I said Hearn is a very clever and calculating man. He's secured his cash cow with Showtime. He's secured his token American in Jacobs with HBO. He's secured his insurance policy and market versatility in Khan with Sky. Hearn isn't stupid. All of those guys will pave the way for Josh Kelly.

Hearn will have such a good relationship with all of these networks soon that eventually an exclusive network deal in America will not be far off when he turns Josh Kelly into a PPV star and he will.

Hearns first victim in the promotion game will probably be Lou Di Bella who is a rubbish promoter. Lou is more like a proxy for Al Haymon. Hearn already works with Haymon fighters and what's to say if it makes business sense Haymon won't just replace Di Bella with Hearn?

Like I said I really don't like Hearn but I'm honest enough to not lie about his capabilities as a businessman. He is the best at what he does, unfortunately.
              He deserves credit he is a Brit taking over the American Market.Good luck to him.Josh Kelly is nowhere near a PPV Star,his whole business relies on Sky Sports.Sky Sports relies on the Preimer League,PL Rights are up this year.Amazon could end all of this.

Comment

He deserves credit he is a Brit taking over the American Market.Good luck to him.Josh Kelly is nowhere near a PPV Star,his whole business relies on Sky Sports.Sky Sports relies on the Preimer League,PL Rights are up this year.Amazon could end all of this.
                I'm having trouble understanding you. I never said Josh Kelly is a PPV star. I said Hearn will make him his next PPV star. Everyone knows this. He's made more step-ups than Brook ever did at that age let alone Brook in his late 20's. He's going at the same speed as Khan and with Matchroom, Sky and StubHub behind him with Matchroom USA and their relationships I just mentioned earlier, with Showtime, HBO etc, they're on track to make Kelly a global superstar.

I mean Josh Kelly at his young age is more well known, has countless of viral video compilations and highlights than Kell Brook ever was. He's going to be something that kid IF Hearn the slimy cócksucker doesn't feed him bums like he did with Brook.

Pretty sure even the Yanks are excited to see what this kid can do as well until of course he fights one of their own prospects then queue the new lines for the Yanks "Oh he's just another quitter like Kell Brook" and for the Brits as always "Oh he's just another Jeff Lacey".

Comment

I'm having trouble understanding you. I never said Josh Kelly is a PPV star. I said Hearn will make him his next PPV star. Everyone knows this. He's made more step-ups than Brook ever did at that age let alone Brook in his late 20's. He's going at the same speed as Khan and with Matchroom, Sky and StubHub behind him with Matchroom USA and their relationships I just mentioned earlier, with Showtime, HBO etc, they're on track to make Kelly a global superstar.

I mean Josh Kelly at his young age is more well known, has countless of viral video compilations and highlights than Kell Brook ever was. He's going to be something that kid IF Hearn the slimy cócksucker doesn't feed him bums like he did with Brook.

Pretty sure even the Yanks are excited to see what this kid can do as well until of course he fights one of their own prospects then queue the new lines for the Yanks "Oh he's just another quitter like Kell Brook" and for the Brits as always "Oh he's just another Jeff Lacey".
                  You are one joker man.I love your choice of words for Hearn.Yeah Kelly looks like his next star in terms of talent but in terms of PPV a long,long way off that.Joshua was a unique situation he had all the Casuals pumping in from the Olympics 2012 at London which was so crucial.Kelly is a Welterweight which is a big bonus as that divison is Lit.As a Brit i want and wish him to do the best but Hearn is the perfect man to build hype around him.I love how Hearn operates and he has revived British Boxing,the only sticking point is Stubhub and ****ty PPV's.

Comment

Yanks dont even like Boxing anymore.Hearn going over their might spice it up.But again i get back dont be too worried about Fast Car.He only has Joshua that is it.Joshua's Matchroom contract ends this year and he hasnt renewed it yet.Hearn done a good job with Brook trust me,until GGG.They diverted from the course because of Brook getting too money hungry,instead of Golvokin he should've fought Spence in September 2016 and he would've beaten him,then he would've got Thurman/Garcia/Pacman.Hearn saved Brook from damage,took him to America against porter but messed it up with Golvokin.I see Joshua Buatsi and Kelly as the two to watch out for.
                    Last edited by Tygshsu; 01-12-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

You see you're missing the facts. Khan never sold well in the UK because boxing was on the slide and boxing wasn't as big in the UK when he last fought here. Boxing was almost dead here. There was no StubHub.

Yet Khan still managed to put 11,000 inside of Sheffield with a NOBODY. That's right in Brooks own hometown. That's WITHOUT StubHub or the Matchroom machine. Nobody could do those numbers in a RIVALS city. Facts.

Also where the fúck are you getting 60,000 from?? Did you even go to school? No, for real, did you? You're plucking numbers out of your arsé.

StubHub didn't even get 30,000 with AJ vs Klitschko. They always get LESS than a third.

Face it. You're a salty American who can't understand how StubHub and Matchroom works. Or how big this rivalry is. Or how much the British love grudge matches. Or how big boxing in Britain really is. They can and will market this fight anything from 50,000 to 70,000 easily and this is something I'll bet you good money on.

So, you know, don't be mad. Put your money up. Or is betting against your religion or something? If so, we can work around that too.
                      Old Trafford can apparently hold 70000 people, and your whole premise was that Matchroom Sport and StubHub have some nefarious deal where, after the Fight Pass fans get tickets, StubHub buys up the rest of the tickets to simply gouge fans. A foolish idea, but everyone can have their opinion.

Grudge matches are fun, and the UK may love itself a grudge match, but let's be realistic here. Amir Khan's last fight in the UK allegedly sold 11k tickets in Sheffield, before he got KTFO by Alvarez.

Even selling 50000 tickets is likely going to be a tall order, with Brook having put 27000 into Brammall Lane as his largest audience to date, and the venue being discussed here seats 70k.

If StubHub literally simply buys up the rest of the tickets, "to guarantee a sellout", as you've tried to argue, they are risking having to eat a massive loss if they can't flip those tickets, for a 70000-seat building when the combined audience of their two biggest live draws having never even crossed 45000 fans. A move that makes no sense.

Keep believing in conspiracy theories all you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X