No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk vs Deontay Wilder from the Artur Szpilka bout at heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
    It doesn't matter. Amateur or pro, he has fought super heavyweights and has beaten them. Including super heavyweights like Mihai Nistor who stopped Anthony Joshua. Experience is experience. And most heavyweights today, except the absolute best ones aren't really better than the super heavyweights that Usyk had already beat.

It doesn't matter that Charr has a 50% knockout record and that he is 6 foot 3. He is still a heavyweightchampion and the fact that a natural cruiser weight in Maris Breidis, who was outweighed by well 20 pounds or more, knocked Manuel Charr out unconscious is mightily impressive. This only proves the quality of the cruiser weight division. Even if Breidis were to lose to Wilder, he would still be one of Wilder's best opponents to date and be significantly better than some of the competition Wilder has been boxing against.

Artur Szpilka is nowhere near as good as Usyk and Wilder was out-boxed for in most rounds rounds by Szpilka out of the 10 rounds. Szpilka already proved he has a suspect chin by previously being stopped by Bryant Jenning and then later on by a domestic level opponent in 4 rounds. Wilder took 10 rounds to KO Szpilka.

On the other hand, Usyk has never been stopped in his boxing career, pro or amateurs.

Also, Usyk is naturally just as big, if not bigger in size than Szpilka. If Szpilka were to lose his fat, he would also be a cruiser weight today and would get out-boxed and probably knocked out by some of the top cruiser weights like Usyk.
    It DOES matter if a fighter has NEVER fought a huge top 5 heavyweight in the Pro's, especially one who is 6'7 with crushing power. And comparing how long a fighter like Szpilka lasted with Wilder is lame proven by the fact that even many huge punchers were unable to stop a guy where a lighter hitter knocked out the same guy just like Triangle theories dont count and many other such inconsistencies. Since you are new to the sport, as you become familiar with the sport, you will realize your analogies and theories are for entertainment purposes only and have no bearing on what happens when fighters step into the ring. If they fight, I'll put $1,000 up in a bet with you.

Comment

usyk outboxes him, easily. Its a myth that you have to be 6ft 6 or whatever to be a top heavyweight, these big donkeys can be outboedx and tbh do joshua and wilder even use their height that well? Weve even seen 6ft 9 fury struggle against steve cunningham.

Comment

Wilder would lose to Usyk tomorrow imo.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          It DOES matter if a fighter has NEVER fought a huge top 5 heavyweight in the Pro's, especially one who is 6'7 with crushing power. And comparing how long a fighter like Szpilka lasted with Wilder is lame proven by the fact that even many huge punchers were unable to stop a guy where a lighter hitter knocked out the same guy just like Triangle theories dont count and many other such inconsistencies. Since you are new to the sport, as you become familiar with the sport, you will realize your analogies and theories are for entertainment purposes only and have no bearing on what happens when fighters step into the ring. If they fight, I'll put $1,000 up in a bet with you.
          You are grossly overrating Wilder's power. To this day he has 0 KO wins at the world level. He went to war with Molina, had a tough night again duapas and was losing against Szpilka. Yeah he eventually got the stoppages in all those fights but none of those guys are approaching Povetkin, Pulev and ultimately AJ level of class in the sport.

If Wilder is going that long with cans, regardless of size, why do you think he all of a sudden becomes a one punch killer with Usyk? People tend to forget there isn't that much between being a 199lb and a heavyweight. Cruisers are big guys and at can punch themselves.

Simply stating Wilder has power isnt enough to justify predicting a Wilder win.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            You are grossly overrating Wilder's power. To this day he has 0 KO wins at the world level. He went to war with Molina, had a tough night again duapas and was losing against Szpilka. Yeah he eventually got the stoppages in all those fights but none of those guys are approaching Povetkin, Pulev and ultimately AJ level of class in the sport.

If Wilder is going that long with cans, regardless of size, why do you think he all of a sudden becomes a one punch killer with Usyk? People tend to forget there isn't that much between being a 199lb and a heavyweight. Cruisers are big guys and at can punch themselves.

Simply stating Wilder has power isnt enough to justify predicting a Wilder win.
            Power, height, reach, weight, acclimation to heavyweights. Wilder has acclimated his entire career, lets see what happens when Usyk even fights just a couple top heavyweights...right now, there is only speculation and nothing more how he will do at heavyweight - that means the data is inconclusive for him since he hasnt done it yet. If you knock out 39 heavyweights out of 40 fights, you are a concussive puncher, that is not up for debate. I have money on Wilder if they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I'm not new to the sport. I've been involved with boxing for longer than you may think.

It doesn't matter when most of the heavyweights in the pros aren't any better than the super heavyweight boxers that Oleksandr Usyk has already fought and beat in the WSB tournament and in the amateurs.

You could argue that the absolute best heavyweights like Anthony Joshua, Wladimir Klitschko, Kubrat Pulev, Alexander Povetkin, Luis Ortiz (although he is extremely old now with extreme inactivity) and Tyson Fury are levels above any super heavyweights that Usyk fought in the amateurs or in the WSB. However, Deontay Wilder himself is yet to take on any opponent that are of the level of the boxers I've mentioned. So Wilder is just as untested against such opponents as Usyk is, despite the fact that Wilder has fought in the heavyweight division more often.

Who is Deontay Wilder's best opponent up till now? Bermane Stiverne? How exactly is he better than someone like Mihai Nistor that Oleksandr Usyk beat in the amateurs? Or Artur Szpilka? How is he any better than Glowacki? You get the point!

Also, I know that a lighter puncher can KO a specific opponent quicker than some heavier punchers. That wasn't my point. My point about Artur Szpilka being stopped before facing Wilder and after facing Wilder by low level opposition is evidence of Szpilka having a weak, suspect chin. Since he has already been stopped 3 times.

On the other hand, Usyk has never been stopped in his amateur or pro career. Despite having hundreds upon hundreds of bouts and he must have fought many different opponent, including power punchers at some point who rival Wilder in terms of punch power or at least come close to it.

My main point is that if someone like Artur Szpilka, who is the closest stylistically to Usyk that Wilder has ever faced in his boxing career, was able to not just last 10 rounds with Wilder, but was also able to out-box Wilder and be ahead in the scorecards going to the 10th round. Why couldn't Usyk, who is superior to Szpilka in every department, do even better by lasting 12 rounds and then winning a decision? My argument is based on styles and if Wilder struggled as much against Artur Szpilka due to his style, how is he going to struggle any less against Usyk who is better than Szpilka in every department and also has a more proven chin?

I agree that Usyk MAY have never faced a 6 foot 7 power puncher like Deontay Wilder. However, Wilder has also never faced a boxer who is anywhere near as skilled, slick, athletic and technical as Usyk. So both are going to be facing an opponent they've never faced before. However, Artur Szpilka never faced a power puncher or a boxer like Wilder but managed to still out-box Wilder and be ahead after 10 rounds before getting caught by a knockout punch when he did face Wilder. So it's not so far fetched to think that Usyk couldn't go a step or more further by pulling out a decision victory when Szpilka gave Wilder that much trouble.

I know analogies aren't hundred percent accurate but my analysis is based on styles and their performances against relevant styles. There is no way in hell that Szpilka is a better boxer than Usyk and if Szpilka had as much success as he did against Wilder, then chances are, Usyk is likely to do even better.

Of course though, Wilder ALWAYS has a puncher's chance regardless!

Comment

I'm not new to the sport. I've been involved with boxing for longer than you may think.

It doesn't matter when most of the heavyweights in the pros aren't any better than the super heavyweight boxers that Oleksandr Usyk has already fought and beat in the WSB tournament and in the amateurs.

You could argue that the absolute best heavyweights like Anthony Joshua, Wladimir Klitschko, Kubrat Pulev, Alexander Povetkin, Luis Ortiz (although he is extremely old now with extreme inactivity) and Tyson Fury are levels above any super heavyweights that Usyk fought in the amateurs or in the WSB. However, Deontay Wilder himself is yet to take on any opponent that are of the level of the boxers I've mentioned. So Wilder is just as untested against such opponents as Usyk is, despite the fact that Wilder has fought in the heavyweight division more often.

Who is Deontay Wilder's best opponent up till now? Bermane Stiverne? How exactly is he better than someone like Mihai Nistor that Oleksandr Usyk beat in the amateurs? Or Artur Szpilka? How is he any better than Glowacki? You get the point!

Also, I know that a lighter puncher can KO a specific opponent quicker than some heavier punchers. That wasn't my point. My point about Artur Szpilka being stopped before facing Wilder and after facing Wilder by low level opposition is evidence of Szpilka having a weak, suspect chin. Since he has already been stopped 3 times.

On the other hand, Usyk has never been stopped in his amateur or pro career. Despite having hundreds upon hundreds of bouts and he must have fought many different opponent, including power punchers at some point who rival Wilder in terms of punch power or at least come close to it.

My main point is that if someone like Artur Szpilka, who is the closest stylistically to Usyk that Wilder has ever faced in his boxing career, was able to not just last 10 rounds with Wilder, but was also able to out-box Wilder and be ahead in the scorecards going to the 10th round. Why couldn't Usyk, who is superior to Szpilka in every department, do even better by lasting 12 rounds and then winning a decision? My argument is based on styles and if Wilder struggled as much against Artur Szpilka due to his style, how is he going to struggle any less against Usyk who is better than Szpilka in every department and also has a more proven chin?

I agree that Usyk MAY have never faced a 6 foot 7 power puncher like Deontay Wilder. However, Wilder has also never faced a boxer who is anywhere near as skilled, slick, athletic and technical as Usyk. So both are going to be facing an opponent they've never faced before. However, Artur Szpilka never faced a power puncher or a boxer like Wilder but managed to still out-box Wilder and be ahead after 10 rounds before getting caught by a knockout punch when he did face Wilder. So it's not so far fetched to think that Usyk couldn't go a step or more further by pulling out a decision victory when Szpilka gave Wilder that much trouble.

I know analogies aren't hundred percent accurate but my analysis is based on styles and their performances against relevant styles. There is no way in hell that Szpilka is a better boxer than Usyk and if Szpilka had as much success as he did against Wilder, then chances are, Usyk is likely to do even better.

Of course though, Wilder ALWAYS has a puncher's chance regardless!
                There you go trying to skate around the facts I stated. Wilder has years of pro experience against heavyweights, Usyk has not even had a heavyweight debut. Again, your analogies are for your self-entertainment and nothing more. Who cares if Usyk is a better boxer than Szpilka?? History is littered with examples that this does not come into play because EVERY match up produces a different set of dynamics. Come back when Usyk has fought a top 10 heavyweight and there is more data to work off of. Are you willing to bet $1,000 with real money IF they fight.

Comment

One handed boxers like Wilder can be neutralized very easily by someone as skilled as Usyk. Just like how Lomachenko totally neutralized the one handed Guillermo Rigondeaux.
                  Usyk is soft as cotton.

Minchu(or whatever that bum's name his) hurt him with a SLAP..he covered-up and didn't punch for 30 seconds.

Wilder would hospitalize that guy.
                  ...and if h he could beat Wilder he sure as hell can beat Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame
                    Watch Usyk vs Joe Joyce. Usyk does a fantastic job keeping robo Joe off balance. His feints are other worldly and he can pivot beautifully. Only thing is if he eats the same shots landed by Joyce then Wilder will send him to another dimension.

I AM FEEL. IM VERY VERY FEEL.
                    You are far too easy to impress.

Comment

The poll results show how anti American the Ts (Mr Stupidity) and his ilk are.
                      Usyk flat out doesn't have the power to keep Wilder off him. Wilder puts his lights out inside of 6 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X