No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk vs Deontay Wilder from the Artur Szpilka bout at heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oleksandr Usyk vs Deontay Wilder from the Artur Szpilka bout at heavyweight

Who wins this? Does Deontay Wilder get exposed even more than he did against Szpilka because Usyk is more skilled than Szpilka and then goes on to lose? Or does Wilder beat Usyk more convincingly than he beat Szpilka? Or does Wilder beat Usyk with more difficulties than what he experienced against Szpilka?

What do you all think about this match up?
    Draw
    0.00%
    Deontay Wilder wins by decision
    0.00%
    Deontay Wilder wins by stoppage (KO, TKO or RTD) - Specify round
    35.42%
    Oleksandr Usyk wins by decision
    54.17%
    Oleksandr Usyk wins by stoppage (KO, TKO or RTD) - Specify round
    10.42%

Bumpppppppppp!

Comment

Bumpppppppppppppp!

Comment

We haven't seen Usyk in with anyone that has power near Wilder's, as well as his size (I know he beat Joe Joyce as a heavyweight in an exhibition match).

Wait until after the WBSS Cruiserweight tournament. If he beats Breidis then he will have to face either Gassiev or Dorticos, both of them have power

Comment

Usyk beats Wilder today. Forget the Spzilka fight where he got out boxed by a tomato can for 6+ rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
            We haven't seen Usyk in with anyone that has power near Wilder's, as well as his size (I know he beat Joe Joyce as a heavyweight in an exhibition match).

Wait until after the WBSS Cruiserweight tournament. If he beats Breidis then he will have to face either Gassiev or Dorticos, both of them have power
            But we've seen Artur Szpilka (poor man's version of Oleksandr Usyk) schooling and owning Deontay Wilder when it came to boxing against him. It took Wilder 10 rounds until he landed a random right hand that caused Szpilka to lose his consciousness.

Is it too far fetched to think that Usyk couldn't do even better than Szpilka by going the full 12 rounds and beating Wilder? Since Usyk is a southpaw, just like Szpilka but is taller, has a longer reach and is significantly more skilled and athletic in comparison.

This may just be a horrible stylistic match up for Deontay Wilder!

Of course Wilder stands a puncher's chance as usual. One slip up from Usyk or a miracle from Wilder could be the end for Usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              Usyk beats Wilder today. Forget the Spzilka fight where he got out boxed by a tomato can for 6+ rounds.
              if they fought 10 times, I would favor Usyk to win by decision 7 or 8 times and get knocked out on those 2 rare occasions due to Wilder's punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                But we've seen Artur Szpilka (poor man's version of Oleksandr Usyk) schooling and owning Deontay Wilder when it came to boxing against him. It took Wilder 10 rounds until he landed a random right hand that caused Szpilka to lose his consciousness.

Is it too far fetched to think that Usyk couldn't do even better than Szpilka by going the full 12 rounds and beating Wilder? Since Usyk is a southpaw, just like Szpilka but is taller, has a longer reach and is significantly more skilled and athletic in comparison.

This may just be a horrible stylistic match up for Deontay Wilder!

Of course Wilder stands a puncher's chance as usual. One slip up from Usyk or a miracle from Wilder could be the end for Usyk.
                Usyk fights like a man not too sure of his chin - I love Usyk and he is one of my favourite fighters, but I suspect he might prove chinny later.

Comment

Usyk in for some real testing in the coming couple months.
                  Will be fun to compare what we think of him now with our 3-month's later opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    Usyk fights like a man not too sure of his chin - I love Usyk and he is one of my favourite fighters, but I suspect he might prove chinny later.
                    Oleksandr Usyk has never been stopped in his boxing career as far as I know. Professionally or in the amateurs. And he has faced over hundreds of opponents. So he must have come across some opponents who are tremendous power punchers as well.

But of course, Deontay Wilder is a special knockout artist and he always has a puncher's chance. If Usyk first has a few tune up bouts at heavyweight before taking on Wilder, I would make him the favorite. However, it'd be very risky if he takes on Wilder without acclimating to the division first.

Comment

Working...
                    X