No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk vs Deontay Wilder from the Artur Szpilka bout at heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
    The poll results show how anti American the Ts (Mr Stupidity) and his ilk are.
    Usyk flat out doesn't have the power to keep Wilder off him. Wilder puts his lights out inside of 6 rounds.
    I don't see how he makes it to 6.

You best believe if he could beat top HW's he'd actually be fighting there instead of Cruiser.

Comment

Usyk couldnt take a bomb from Wilder. He needs to fight the perfect fight but i doubt it.

Comment

Usyk is more skilled than Wilder, but if Wilder lands a flush right hand, more than likely Usyk's going down.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
          Usyk is more skilled than Wilder, but if Wilder lands a flush right hand, more than likely Usyk's going down.
          Him and his skills should be at HW if he's all that.

His ass is a CW for a reason.

Usyk is soft as cotton candy.
          Munchu hurt him with a SLAP.

Like Kovalev....He won't fight on the inside....It's those candy-cane ribs.

The only fighter from that region willing fight on the inside is Ruslan Provodnikov....All the others are too sweet to go soul-searching in the trenches.

It must be something in the water over there that gives them those soft precious little tummies..

Lomachenko looks at the ref everytime a shadow is cast over his ribs

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
            Him and his skills should be at HW if he's all that.

His ass is a CW for a reason.

Usyk is soft as cotton candy.
            Munchu hurt him with a SLAP.

Like Kovalev....He won't fight on the inside....It's those candy-cane ribs.

The only fighter from that region willing fight on the inside is Ruslan Provodnikov....All the others are too sweet to go soul-searching in the trenches.

It must be something in the water over there that gives them those soft precious little tummies..

Lomachenko looks at the ref everytime a shadow is cast over his ribs
            I just don't know if Usyk could take a punch from Wilder or Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              I just don't know if Usyk could take a punch from Wilder or Joshua.
              I know
              He can't.

He couldn't handle an arm punch from Munchu.

Dude covered-up behind his gloves for 30 seconds.
              He was lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
                Usyk is soft as cotton.

Minchu(or whatever that bum's name his) hurt him with a SLAP..he covered-up and didn't punch for 30 seconds.

Wilder would hospitalize that guy.
                ...and if h he could beat Wilder he sure as hell can beat Joshua.
                Usyk is soft as cotton.
                1) 85% Knockout record suggests otherwise.

2) He has never been stopped in his amateur or pro career combined, spanning hundreds upon hundreds of bouts. Ergo, disproving that above statement of yours once again.

3) I challenge you to take his most powerful punches and then come back to tell us the results as to how 'soft' the effect of those punches are. Show us the results and effects of those punches and then we can deduce how 'soft' those punches really are.

Minchu(or whatever that bum's name his) hurt him with a SLAP..he covered-up and didn't punch for 30 seconds.
                Oleksandr Usyk got slightly hurt in a professional boxing bout which involves two competitors punching each other. Wow! What a shocker!

On the other hand, Deontay Wilder has been dropped, stunned and suffered a devastating knockout loss in Russia to his master, annihilator and his rapist named Evgeny Romanov that happens to be a 6 foot 1 heavyweight. Whilst Usyk has never been stopped in his entire amateur or pro career combined out of hundreds of bouts. Thus, getting slightly hurt by Mchunu is better than being knocked down and out brutally by Evgeny Romanov.

Wilder would hospitalize that guy.
                Possible, but not very likely.

and if h he could beat Wilder he sure as hell can beat Joshua.
                False equivalence!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  There you go trying to skate around the facts I stated. Wilder has years of pro experience against heavyweights, Usyk has not even had a heavyweight debut. Again, your analogies are for your self-entertainment and nothing more. Who cares if Usyk is a better boxer than Szpilka?? History is littered with examples that this does not come into play because EVERY match up produces a different set of dynamics. Come back when Usyk has fought a top 10 heavyweight and there is more data to work off of. Are you willing to bet $1,000 with real money IF they fight.
                  To be fair, you do have an acceptable point in claiming that because Oleksandr Usyk hasn't competed as much or proven himself as much at heavyweight and that therefore, you are not fully confident in his chances against some of the heavyweights. That's totally fine by me. And I also don't have any problem with anybody picking Deontay Wilder to win.

However, my point is that it is ridiculous to think of this match up as a mismatch. Or that Oleksandr Usyk doesn't stand a respectable chance of winning. Or that it is too far fetched to think that Oleksandr Usyk could beat Deontay Wilder.

I personally would make Wilder the slight favorite if they both fought each other at heavyweight in Usyk's first bout there. However, with a few tune up bouts for Usyk, it'd be the opposite.

Deontay Wilder himself hasn't proven himself much against the best opposition at heavyweight. So he isn't that proven in the heavyweight than Usyk is for example. And that Usyk would probably stand a better chance at beating Wilder than nearly every opponent Wilder has faced till now.

You make the following claim:

History is littered with examples that this does not come into play because EVERY match up produces a different set of dynamics.
                  History is also littered with examples where the best boxer in a lighter weight division, moves up to challenge the best boxer in a higher weight division, and ends up being able to beat that boxer in the higher weight division. Even though prior to the lighter boxer fighting that heavier boxer, the lighter boxer may have never fought any other opponent with a similar knockout record, punching power or special abilities as the heavier boxer. They still end up managing to beat such an opponent in a higher weight division in their first attempt at boxing against an opponent with such abilities.

For example, Michael Spinks did it against Larry Holmes and Roy Jones jr did it against John Ruiz. So Oleksandr Usyk can very well do it against Wilder too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                    To be fair, you do have an acceptable point in claiming that because Oleksandr Usyk hasn't competed as much or proven himself as much at heavyweight and that therefore, you are not fully confident in his chances against some of the heavyweights. That's totally fine by me. And I also don't have any problem with anybody picking Deontay Wilder to win.

However, my point is that it is ridiculous to think of this match up as a mismatch. Or that Oleksandr Usyk doesn't stand a respectable chance of winning. Or that it is too far fetched to think that Oleksandr Usyk could beat Deontay Wilder.

I personally would make Wilder the slight favorite if they both fought each other at heavyweight in Usyk's first bout there. However, with a few tune up bouts for Usyk, it'd be the opposite.

Deontay Wilder himself hasn't proven himself much against the best opposition at heavyweight. So he isn't that proven in the heavyweight than Usyk is for example. And that Usyk would probably stand a better chance at beating Wilder than nearly every opponent Wilder has faced till now.

You make the following claim:

History is also littered with examples where the best boxer in a lighter weight division, moves up to challenge the best boxer in a higher weight division, and ends up being able to beat that boxer in the higher weight division. Even though prior to the lighter boxer fighting that heavier boxer, the lighter boxer may have never fought any other opponent with a similar knockout record, punching power or special abilities as the heavier boxer. They still end up managing to beat such an opponent in a higher weight division in their first attempt at boxing against an opponent with such abilities.

For example, Michael Spinks did it against Larry Holmes and Roy Jones jr did it against John Ruiz. So Oleksandr Usyk can very well do it against Wilder too.
                    The Spinks and the Jones, etc., are exceptions, not the rule and they were not facing 6/7 heavyweights with unquestionably huge power. Wilder would be a big favorite to win for obvious reasons. I'll bet money on it. But there is no data in yet for Usyk till he beats top heavyweights to get the shot, till then, like a blood sample, the vile is empty. Re-evaluate AFTER he fights heavyweight fights, it is too premature at this point for make believe.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      I think he'd UD both Wilder and AJ tbh..

Neither are remotely close to his level of boxing skill, movement and footwork, of course they could land a lucky bomb and stop him though...
                      Stop trolling

If he could he would.

Comment

Working...
                      X